Tell me about

They tell me Seven Sisters in - de Cassandra la: 17/11/2005 19:53:00
(la: Oamenii nu se trag din maimuta)
They tell me Seven Sisters in New Orleans
that can really fix a man up right
And I'm headed for New Orleans, Louisiana,
I'm travelin' both day and night.

I hear them say the oldest Sister
look just like she's 21
And said she can look right in your eyes
and tell you just exactly what you want done.

Good morning, Seven Sisters,
just thought I'd come down and see
Will you build me up where I'm torn down,
and make me strong where I'm weak?

I went to New Orleans, Louisiana,
just on account of something I heard
The Seven Sisters told me everything I wanted to know,
and they wouldn't let me speak a word.

Now, it's Sarah, Minnie, Bertha,
Holly, Dolly, Betty and Jane
Sarah, Minnie, Bertha,
Holly, Dolly, Betty and Jane
You can't know them Sisters apart,
because they all looks just the same.

Seven times a year
the Seven Sisters will visit me all in my sleep
And they said I won't have no trouble,
and said I'll live twelve days in a week.

Wanna go down in Louisiana,
and get right out of your bein'
These Seven Sisters can do anything in Louisiana,
but you'll have to go to New Orleans.

__________________________________________________________
"We are not to introduce divine revelations into science, nor scientific opinions into religion." Isaac Newton.
hehe gigi - de anisia la: 17/07/2005 19:53:50
(la: De ce simt femeile nevoia sa fie sexy?)
Tu nu sti ca ce e in ograda lor trebuie musai sa ramana numai al lor? don't tell me about it!!! ... cat de facut gelosi, ce sa-ti zic...cand e cu limita, sunt adorabili sa fie putini gelosi, adica sa-si arate interesul again&again. magulitor, chiar...:)) ... ca doar si de-asta le place femeilor sa fie sexy, nu?
#60022 (raspuns la: #59997) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
'neata - de Horia D la: 01/03/2006 18:06:28
A man walks into a bar with a paper bag.
He sits down and places the bag on the counter.

The bartender walks up and asks what's in the bag.
The man reaches into the bag and pulls out a little man, about one foot
high and sets him on the counter.
He reaches back into the bag and pulls out a small piano, setting it on
the counter as well. He reaches into the bag once again and pulls out a
tiny piano bench, which he places in front of the piano.

The little man sits down at the piano,
and starts playing a beautiful piece by Mozart!

"Where on earth did you get that?" says the bartender.
The man responds by reaching into the paper bag.
This time

he pulls out a magic lamp. He hands it to the bartender and
says:
"Here. Rub it."

So the bartender rubs the lamp, and suddenly there's a gust of smoke and
a beautiful genie is standing before him. "I will grant you one wish.
Just one wish...
each person is only allowed one!"

The bartender gets real excited. Without hesitating he says, "I want a
million bucks!" A few moments later, a duck walks into the bar. It is
soon followed by another duck, then another.

Pretty soon, the entire bar is filled with ducks and they keep coming!
The
bartender turns to the man and says, "Y'know, I think your genie's a
little deaf. I asked for a million bucks, not a million ducks."

"Tell me about it!!" says the man, "do you really think I asked for a 12
inch pianist?"
#108981 (raspuns la: #108968) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
:) - de dhkdukabh la: 20/12/2006 10:31:10
(la: PALAVRE DE CAFENEA (Trancaneala- editie speciala))
Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been
> married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.
> One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her
> quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared
> tea.
> As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a
> cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and
> in
> the water floated, of all things, a condom!
> When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
> The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its
> strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and He could no longer
> resist. "Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about
> this?" pointing to the bowl.
> "Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the
> Park
> a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The
> directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would
> prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all
> winter."

Happy Hanukkah!
==============================================
"Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else."
Guine - de andrushca la: 01/10/2007 19:55:19
(la: Jurnal de bord (11))
Multumesc:)
Pai se ia o aripioara de purcelus roz bombon cu pompon, se da pe razatoare, se stoarce o picatura de suc de minte cuminte si imbarligata exact cat trebuie, se pune totul intr-un shaker cu guler de dantela si la sfarsit se decoreaza cu tuberoze din alea din cristale de gheata. Daca nici chestia asta nu te face fericita, incearca cu o camasa albastra, masura lui pe masura ta. Si apoi tell me about it:)))

alex
#238820 (raspuns la: #238819) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
latu - de alex andra la: 27/10/2007 13:46:57 Modificat la: 27/10/2007 13:48:59
(la: Cum se bea cafeaua? )
And far better than "Give me a break !", isn't it?:)))
So, have two bananas and than tell me about it:)))
#248853 (raspuns la: #248843) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
tell me about it - de thebrightside la: 21/02/2008 12:10:21
(la: "Nu vrem liceu fara Dumnezeu")
io mai fac cu fi-miu cateva ore de pregatire zilnic si dupa scoala.. :|
bine, el e si paralel de felu' lui, da' si profii astia...
are unu' de mate care preda o lectie din trei. restul, cheam-o eleva sa scrie teoria pe tabla, baga repede 2 exercitii cu premiantul I et c'est ca.
#287480 (raspuns la: #287478) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
prot - de thebrightside la: 22/07/2009 08:30:10
(la: linguriţa de spleen)
tell me about it (rolling eyes)...
#465697 (raspuns la: #465670) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Look at yourself! LMC.... - de Little Eagle la: 25/06/2004 21:24:54
(la: Despre Alegerile din S.U.A.: De ce trebuie sa votam pt. GWB.)
Don't be concerned,I can take care of myself without your...help!
I'm a big blown baby and I'm gonna suck you inside my own self.
To release myself?Are you talking about sex?You're quite nasty but exciting when you say..."I'm ready to take it all in"...I don't know exactly ..what did you try to say...but it's fine with me!I'll come to CA and believe me we can fuck all night long,I think you didn't have to much sex in the last months...maybe....YEARS?Oh babe you'll gonna take it ALL IN.And finally you'll like it!Wait 'till I go down between your legs and give you the best head you ever had!
At least 1 hour I'll lick you dry!

Iwent to the west a few times.I still have lots of friends there,some they'll move here in NJ because they ...hate CA and those ..shallow people like yourself,and mind you,they were born there and are americans,.not like you.
You're still a stranger here,you don't belong here darling.
Did you really have a one to one conversation with your self?Did you ask yourself if you belong here?
NO!You took everything for granted,like ...this land belongs to you...!Well,IT DOES NOT!!!

And you have the nerve to ask me that I am in the wrong way of thinking?
I will contact you only if you decide to have sex!!I mean if you want it!You'll never ever regret it!!!!I'll give you the moon and the stars,you'll have all the fireworks and beg for more
Would you like that?C'mon,I know you,after a week with me you'll become a
hindu!!You'll forget to be a republican anymore!You'll be what I want you to be.
When was the last time you had a great pussy lick?I mean,to the perfection????And then a good sex to last and last?
Or you know only...the missionarry position?When was the last time when a man threw you against the wall and ripped off your panties and grabbed you in his arms and fuck you like there is no tomorrow,or hitting your ass against the wall and meanwhile sucking your undies in his mouth????

I think you'll be a different woman if you'll get more laid and have a great fuck!!!!You'll start to love me and Spiderman,you'll love everybody!I think I found the secret!!!!YOU DON"T HAVE ENOUGH DICK!!!Hey,you know what?I'll pretend to my wife that I am going to San Diego at a comicon(comic book convention),Iwent in the past many times and I do have lots of good friends in CA.Nobody has to know.
I'll meet you,we'll go right on the beach at sunset and we'll have sex together
till sunrise,naked and have some fun in the ocean too.You tell me.
Why not?

This is the way to release myself and for sure I'm ready for you ANY TIME BABY!

Love&peace,
Ozzy Osbourne(Hell is open for you any time now...)

#16770 (raspuns la: #16764) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
To: POTENTIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS - de Dinu Lazar la: 05/08/2004 11:28:20
To: POTENTIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS

Re: Freelance Work

Date: 08-04-04

I’ve got some great news to share with you! I wanted to inform you of the upcoming launch of 7 Magazine (se7enMag,com) Sept 1st, 2004. HOW EXCITING!! I am writing you to express interest in your photography. I recently saw some of your work and I must confess, I was impressed and intrigued by your photos.

Let me briefly tell you about our magazine. 7 Magazine is a monthly national online publication that is expected to reach more than 100,000 readers across the country in the next few months alone. 7 Magazine features the latest trends in fashion, celebrities, music, art, health, technology, and travel.

Since we’re in the process of launching, we are looking for experienced photographers to submit their photo stories (anywhere from 6-12 photos will work). High resolution is not needed, since 7 Magazine is starting as an online magazine for the 1st year. I am essentially looking for shoots that have been shot already, that you want published. Although you will not be paid for your work, you can count on receiving plenty of exposure.

If you’re interested in this opportunity, please e-mail me. I look forward to working with you- and your contributions to this magazine. It’s going to be amazing! The ideas, and the concepts are super!! J

Sincerely,

Amanda Nelson

Publisher

7 Magazine / se7enmag.com
#19074 (raspuns la: #19067) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Pentru cei care citesc Engleza - de LMC la: 02/09/2004 01:20:55
(la: Cum sa devii un liberal de nota 10!)
Dupa cum multi dintre voi stiti saptamina asta se desfasoara conventia partidului Republican. Aseara Arnold Schwarzenegger a vorbit, iar astazi toate programele de radio si televizor si toate ziarele sau concentrat asupra speech-ului lui Arnold. Cei care doresc sa afle ce a spus mai jos puteti citi speech-ul lui. Tot aici puteti afla cine sint Republicanii si care este platforma partidului Republican. Citire placuta.

****************************************

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thank you.

What a greeting! This is like winning an Oscar! ...As if I would know!

Speaking of acting, one of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention.

My fellow Americans, this is an amazing moment for me. To think that a once-scrawny boy from Austria could grow up to become Governor of California and stand in Madison Square Garden to speak on behalf of the President of the United States that is an immigrant's dream. It is the American dream.

I was born in Europe ...and I've traveled all over the world. I can tell you that there is no place, no country, more compassionate more generous more accepting and more welcoming than the United States of America.

As long as I live, I will never forget that day 21 years ago when I raised my hand and took the oath of citizenship.

Do you know how proud I was? I was so proud that I walked around with an American flag around my shoulders all day long.

Tonight, I want to talk about why I'm even more proud to be an American -why I'm proud to be a Republican and why I believe this country is in good hands.

When I was a boy, the Soviets occupied part of Austria. I saw their tanks in the streets .I saw communism with my own eyes. I remember the fear we had when we had to cross into the Soviet sector. Growing up, we were told, "Don't look the soldiers in the eye. Look straight ahead." It was a common belief that Soviet soldiers could take a man out of his own car and ship him off to the Soviet Union as slave labor.

My family didn't have a car -- but one day we were in my uncle's car. It was near dark as we came to a Soviet checkpoint. I was a little boy, I wasn't an action hero back then, and I remember how scared I was that the soldiers would pull my father or my uncle out of the car, and I'd never see him again. My family and so many others lived in fear of the Soviet boot. Today, the world no longer fears the Soviet Union and it is because of the United States of America!

As a kid I saw the socialist country that Austria became after the Soviets left. I love Austria and I love the Austrian people - but I always knew America was the place for me.

In school, when the teacher would talk about America, I would daydream about coming here. I would sit for hours watching American movies transfixed by my heroes like John Wayne. Everything about America seemed so big to me so open, so possible.

I finally arrived here in 1968.I had empty pockets, but I was full of dreams. The presidential campaign was in full swing. I remember watching the Nixon and Humphrey presidential race on TV. A friend who spoke German and English, translated for me. I heard Humphrey saying things that sounded like socialism which is what I had just left. But then I heard Nixon speak. He was talking about free enterprise, getting government off your back, lowering taxes, and strengthening the military. Listening to Nixon speak sounded more like a breath of fresh air.

I said to my friend, "What party is he?" My friend said, "He's a Republican." I said, "Then I am a Republican!" And I've been a Republican ever since! And trust me, in my wife's family, that's no small achievement! I'm proud to belong to the party of Abraham Lincoln, the party of Teddy Roosevelt, the party of Ronald Reagan and the party of George W. Bush.

To my fellow immigrants listening tonight, I want you to know how welcome you are in this party. We Republicans admire your ambition. We encourage your dreams. We believe in your future. One thing I learned about America is that if you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything.

Everything I have my career my success my family I owe to America. In this country, it doesn't make any difference where you were born. It doesn't make any difference who your parents were. It doesn't make any difference if, like me, you couldn't even speak English until you were in your twenties.

America gave me opportunities, and my immigrant dreams came true. I want other people to get the same chances I did, the same opportunities. And I believe they can. That's why I believe in this country, that's why I believe in this party and that's why I believe in this President.

Now, many of you out there tonight are "Republican" like me in your hearts and in your beliefs. Maybe you're from Guatemala. Maybe you're from the Philippines. Maybe Europe or the Ivory Coast. Maybe you live in Ohio Pennsylvania or New Mexico. And maybe just maybe you don't agree with this party on every single issue. I say to you tonight I believe that's not only okay that's what's great about this country. Here

we can respectfully disagree and still be patriotic still be American and still be good Republicans

My fellow immigrants, my fellow Americans how do you know if you are a Republican? I'll tell you how.

If you believe that government should be accountable to the people, not the people to the government...then you are a Republican! If you believe a person should be treated as an individual, not as a member of an interest group... then you are a Republican! If you believe your family knows how to spend your money better than the government does... then you are a Republican! If you believe our educational system should be held accountable for the progress of our children ... then you are a Republican! If you believe this country, not the United Nations, is the best hope of democracy in the world ... then you are a Republican! And, ladies and gentlemen ...if you believe we must be fierce and relentless and terminate terrorism ... then you are a Republican!

There is another way you can tell you're a Republican. You have faith in free enterprise, faith in the resourcefulness of the American people ...and faith in the U.S. economy. To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: Don't be economic girlie men!

The U.S. economy remains the envy of the world. We have the highest economic growth of any of the world's major industrialized nations. Don't you remember the pessimism of twenty years ago when the critics said Japan and Germany were overtaking the U.S.? Ridiculous!

Now they say India and China are overtaking us. Don't you believe it! We may hit a few BUMPS -- but America always moves ahead! That's what Americans do!

We move prosperity ahead. We move freedom ahead. We move people ahead. Under President Bush, and Vice President Cheney, America's economy is moving ahead in spite of a recession they inherited and in spite of the attack on our homeland.

Now, the other party says there are two Americas. Don't believe that either. I've visited our troops in Iraq, Kuwait, Bosnia, Germany, and all over the world. I've visited our troops in California, where they train before they go overseas. And I've visited our military hospitals. And I can tell you this: Our young men and women in uniform do not believe there are two Americas!

They believe we are one America and they are fighting for it! We are one America - and President Bush is defending it with all his heart and soul!

That's what I admire most about the President. He's a man of perseverance.

He's a man of inner strength. He is a leader who doesn't flinch, doesn't waiver, does not back down. My fellow Americans, make no mistake about it terrorism is more insidious than communism, because it yearns to destroy not just the individual but the entire international order.

The President didn't go into Iraq because the polls told him it was popular. As a matter of fact, the polls said just the opposite. But leadership isn't about polls. It's about making decisions you think are right and then standing behind those decisions. That's why America is safer with George W. Bush as President.

He knows you don't reason with terrorists. You defeat them. He knows you can't reason with people blinded by hate. They hate the power of the individual. They hate the progress of women. They hate the religious freedom of others. They hate the liberating breeze of democracy. But, ladies and gentlemen, their hate is no match for America's decency.

We're the America that sends out Peace Corps volunteers to teach village children.

We're the America that sends out missionaries and doctors to raise up the poor and the sick. We're the America that gives more than any other country, to fight AIDS in Africa and the developing world. And we're the America that fights not for imperialism but for human rights and democracy.

You know, When the Germans brought down the Berlin Wall America's determination helped wield the sledgehammers. When that lone, young Chinese man stood in front of those tanks in Tiananmen Square America's hopes stood with him. And when

Nelson Mandela smiled in election victory after all those years in prison America celebrated, too.

We are still the lamp lighting the world especially for those who struggle. No matter in what labor camp they slave no matter in what injustice they're trapped -- they hear our call ... they see our light ... and they feel the pull of our freedom. They come here as I did because they believe. They believe in US.

They come because their hearts say to them, as mine did, "If only I can get to America." Someone once wrote -"There are those who say that freedom is nothing but a dream." They are right. It's the American dream.

No matter the nationality, no matter the religion, no matter the ethnic background, America brings out the best in people. And as Governor of the great state of California -- I see the best in Americans every day ... our police, our firefighters our nurses, doctors and teachers our parents.

And what about the extraordinary men and women who have volunteered to fight for the United States of America! I have such great respect for them and their heroic families.

Let me tell you about the sacrifice and commitment I've seen firsthand. In one of the military hospitals I visited, I met a young guy who was in bad shape. He'd lost a leg had a hole in his stomach ... his shoulder had been shot through.

I could tell there was no way he could ever return to combat. But when I asked him, "When do you think you'll get out of the hospital?" He said, "Sir, in three weeks." And do you know what he said to me then? He said he was going to get a new leg ... and get some therapy ... and then he was going back to Iraq to serve alongside his buddies! He grinned at me and said, "Arnold ... I'll be back!"

Ladies and gentlemen, America is back! back from the attack on our homeland- back from the attack on our economy back from the attack on our way of life. We're back because of the perseverance, character and leadership of the 43rd President of the United States George W. Bush.

My fellow Americans ...I want you to know that I believe with all my heart that America remains "the great idea" that inspires the world. It's a privilege to be born here. It's an honor to become a citizen here. It's a gift to raise your family here to vote here and to live here.

Our president George W. Bush has worked hard to protect and preserve the American dream for all of us. That's why I say ... send - him - back to Washington for four more years!

Thank you, America -- and God bless you all!
************************************************
on the radio station - de sanjuro la: 20/01/2005 16:11:19
(la: Un nou forum: "Bancuri, glume, poante...")
Imi cer scuze pentru cei care nu cunosc lb. engleza...

On WBAM FM (Chicago) radio station, on a morning show, the DJ launches a new contest with consistent prizes.

The CONTEST was called MATE MATCH. The DJ called someone on his office, ask the person if it's married or has a significant other.

In case of positive answer, the DJ ask him 3 very personal questions after which the person is asked to provide the name and the phone number of the mate to check the answers.

If the answers are correct the couple wins a really big prize.

DJ: "Hi, this is Edgar from WBAM. Have you heard about our MATE MATCH contest ?"
HIM(laughing): "Yeah, I've heard."
DJ: "OK! So you know the prize is a 5 days trip to Orlando, Florida, in case you win. Your first name ?"
HIM: "Brian."
DJ: "Brian, are you married, RIGHT ?"
Brian: "Yes."
DJ: "Good. And your wife first name is ... ?"
Brian: " Sara."
DJ: "Sara is at work right now ?"
Brian (laughing): "Yes, she's at work."
DJ: "Okay then ... first question - When did you two have sex last time ?"
Brian: "She's going to kill me !"
DJ: "Don't worry, Brian."
Brian: "This morning, around 8 a.m."
DJ: "Well done, man! Second question - How long did it take ?"
Brian: "About 10 minutes."
DJ: "Wow! You really want to wins this trip, right? Nobody would easily recognize this !"
Brian: "Yes, we'd really enjoy this trip."
DJ: "Okaaay ... last question - Where did you two do it ?"
Brian (laughing): "Weeeellllll .... "
DJ: "So far you did good, Brian ... come on, tell me where."
Brian: "Not there is something, but her mother lives with us for few weeks."
DJ: "Hmmm ... sounds better and better ..."
Brian: "... and my mother in law was in the shower and ... in short ... we did it on the kitchen table !"
DJ: "Isn't that great ? A real adventure ... well, my dear listeners, let's put Brian on "hold" and call the WIFE. "
DJ: "Hello. Sara's there ?"
After a short while ... Sara's on the phone :

DJ: "Hi Sara, this is Edgar from WBAM. We're on air and till now we talked couple of hours to Brian."
Sara (laughing): "Couple of hours ?"
DJ: "Well, several minutes, in fact ... he's on air with us. Do you know the rules of our MATE MATCH contest ?"
Sara: "No."
DJ: " Okaaay."
Brian: laughs.
Sara (laughing): "Brian, what in the world are you up to ?"
Brian: "Sara, you just have to give absolutely honest answers to the next questions. You gotta be absolutely honest."
DJ: "OK ... let's see ... if your answers are the same with Brian's ... you'll win a 5 days trip to Orlando, Florida. You got it, Sara ?"
Sara (laughing): "Yeah, I got it."
DJ: "Then ... let's see ... - When did you two have sex last time ?"
Sara: "O God ! Brian ...... this morning before Brian left for work."
DJ: "Good, good ... but which hour was it ?"
Sara: "I think around 8 a.m."
DJ: "Very good ... next question - How long did it take ? "
Sara: "12, 15 minutes .. probably."
DJ: "Hmmm. Close enough. I'm sure you're trying to protect his manhood. You're one question to the trip in Florida. Are you ready ?"
Sara (laughing): "Yeesss."
DJ: " Where did you two do it ?"
Sara: "Oh God, Brian ... you didn't tell them ... did you ?"
Brian: "Don't worry ... tell them."
DJ: "What's wrong Sara ... something's bothering you ?"
Sara: "Well, just that my mother is in holiday and she's living with us ......"
DJ: "And she saw you ?"
Sara: "Brian?!"
Brian: "No ... oh no, I don't ..."
DJ: "Hold it ... calm down ... I need an answer ! Please !?"
Sara: "Oh, God , I don't believe you told them such a thing !"
Brian: "Come on, honey, we're talking about a trip to Florida !"
DJ: "Come on, sis ... we don't have all day for this. Where did you two do it ?"
Sara (after a short pause): " In the ass !"

(a long, long, long silence)
DJ: "We'll be back after commercials ............. "

#33886 (raspuns la: #33180) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
American Diplomacy - de Pasagerul la: 20/02/2005 19:30:44
(la: Un nou forum: "Bancuri, glume, poante...")
George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?
Condi: Sir, I have the report you wanted about the new leader of
China.
George: Great. Lay it on me.
Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.
George: That's what I want to know.
Condi: That's what I'm telling you.
George: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of
China?
Condi: Yes.
George: I mean the fellow's name.
Condi: Hu.
George: The guy in China.
Condi: Hu.
George: The new leader of China.
Condi: Hu.
George: The main man in China!
Condi: Hu is leading China.
George: Now whaddya' asking me for?
Condi: I'm telling you, Hu is leading China.
George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?
Condi: That's the man's name.
George: That's who's name?
Condi: Yes.
George: Will you, or will you not, tell me the name of the new
leader of China?
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he's dead in
the Middle East.
Condi: That's correct.
George: Then who is in China?
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Yassir is in China?
Condi: No, sir.
George: Then who is?
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Yassir?
Condi: No, sir.
George: Look Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of
China. Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.
Condi: Kofi?
George: No, thanks.
Condi: You want Kofi?
George: No.
Condi: You don't want Kofi?
George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of
milk. And then get me the U.N.
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
Condi: Kofi?
George: I said milk! Will you please make the call?
Condi: And call who?
George: Who is the guy at the U.N?
Condi: Hu is the guy in China.
George: Will you stay out of China?!
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at
the U.N.
Condi: Kofi.
George: All right! With cream and two sugars.

-------------------------------------------------
If you always do what you've always done
you'll always get what you always got.
IN MEMORY OF PETRE BUZOIANU - de Adela Adriana Moscu la: 06/03/2005 20:44:21
IN MEMORY OF PETRE BUZOIANU

With such a deep sadness I force myself to stay at this computer so that I may invite all of you who knew the talented Romanian-American GlamourModels Photographer (www.photofashion.net-founder of EXCES Magazine), Peter Buzoianu, to take a moment from your busy lives and pray for his soul, which departed from his body on Monday, February 21, 2005 in Italy due to a heart attack. He and his Romanian lovely wife Andreea Angelescu, as well a talented and beautiful photographer and ex-model and dancer, were in Italy during a photography engagement. I had the brief pleasure of getting to know Peter through the conversation club that takes place at www.cafeneaua.com, where I posted a few of my poems just a few months ago. We exchanged a few e-mails, and a lovely phone conversation that touched my soul in such a deep and sublime way. With his pleasant timber voice, in such an engaging, honest and charming manner he talked with me about his background, about his family and his artistic aspirations and dreams. I was planning to have him take a picture of me for the book of poetry that I am working on, and wish to publish as soon as possible. This morning Sunday March 6, 2005 around 11:00 AM I called him to make arrangements for a photography session with him. To my horrible shock at the other end of the line his wife told me: “ I don’t know how to tell you this but Peter died two weeks ago!” She was still in Italy at the moment but will be arriving in New York tomorrow. Let’s keep her and the rest of the family, loved ones, and friends as well in divine light and prayers so that they may overcome this tragic loss. What else can I say now after a good one hour cry? That I wish I met Peter in person to be touched by his great talent and personality, that I wish I had prioritized my time in a wiser way, that I could have called him and had more wonderful conversations that inspired me as an artist? I thank God that at least I told him over the phone how charming, and adorable he was. I will always remember him as a pleasant, friendly, honest, sensitive artist, with a wonderful sense of humor who loved his wife, family, friends, poeple, life, and art. Wherever you are Peter please know that I love you and pray for your soul. It is so terrible that we were not able to become better friends and I hope that your wife will have me in hers, and that I can be of a healing presence for her. The gift that you left for me, Peter, is the lesson to live in the moment and make more time for art and for my dreams. I miss you...most likely so many do...You made us proud of your photography work! May God bless you now, and always! ADELA-ADRIANA MOSCU

(adela.adriana.moscu@gmail.com www.scrie.com/adela )

Eu? - de Rien 2 Loin la: 30/05/2005 01:26:50
(la: cine sunt eu?...ci)
Bancul cu Bula:

Pleaca tac-so d-acas' si-i spune lui Bula (care-i cam tamp, asa): "Asculta tata, nu dai drumul nimanui, dar nimanui, numai mie, daa?"
Iese, tranteste usa si-si aminteste c-a uitat ceva, bate la usa si tampu' intreaba "ssssiiiineee ieeeeee?". Tac-so raspunde: "Eu, deschide, sunt eu". Bula ramane tintuit locului, intoarce incet aratatorul spre el insul si se interaba incetisor: "Ieeeeeeeuuuu ?!!!..."

N-are legatura cu subiectul (si totusi... :c) ) dar mesajul anterior cu acelasi subiect mi-e atras atentia si mi-a amintit bancul.

"mai bine neg toate intrebarile si cu ochii inchisi, necontientizand deci, voi ajunge UNDEVA…. Insa, in cine ma incred eu in drumul asta, cand nu ma cunosc nici macar pe mine atat de bine, incat sa ma indrept spre UNDEVA…"

Iar acest "undeva" imi aminteste de conversatia intre Alice si Cheshire-cat:

"Would you tell me please, which road should I take from here",
asked Alice to the Cat
- That depends greatly on where you want to go - he answered
- I don’t care about “where", said Alice
- "Then, it doesn’t matter which road you take", the Cat said.
- "Some road that takes me somewhere", Alice added.
- "You’ll surely take it. You have only got to walk enough".

Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

___________

"Imi spui, te rog, pe care drum s-o iau acum?",
o intreba Alice pe pisica
- "Depinde destul de mult de unde vrei sa ajungi" - raspunse pisica
- "Nu-mi pasa "unde"", zice Alice
- "Atunci nu conteaza ce drum iei, nu?", zice pisica.
- "atata timp cat ma duce totusi undeva", adauga Alice.
- "Te va duce. doar ca va trebui sa mergi suficient".

Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

am venit si eu - de Horia D la: 11/07/2005 17:10:57
cine face un rezumat? si ca sa incepeti saptamana pe un ton bun, uite si un banc primit de la un prieten...enjoy.

Two Nuns
There were two nuns...

One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM),

and the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL).

It is getting dark and they are still far away from the convent.

SM:Have you noticed that a man has been following us for
the past thirty-eight and a half minutes? I wonder what he wants.
SL:It's logical. He wants to rape us.
SM: Oh, no! At this rate he will reach us in 15 minutes
at the most! What can we do?
SL:The only logical thing to do of course is to walk faster.
SM:It's not working.
SL:Of course it's not working. The man did the only
logical thing. He started to walk faster, too.
SM: So, what shall we do? At this rate he will reach us in one minute.
SL:The only logical thing we can do is split. You go that way and
I'll go this way. He cannot follow us both.
So the man decided to follow Sister Logical.

Sister Mathematical arrives at the convent and is
worried about what has happened to Sister Logical.

Then Sister Logical arrives.

SM:Sister Logical! Thank God you are here! Tell me what happened!
SL: The only logical thing happened. The man couldn't follow us both,so he followed me
SM: Yes, yes! But what happened then?
SL: The only logical thing happened. I started to run
as fast as I could and he started to run as fast as he could.
SM: And?
SL: The only logical thing happened. He reached me.
SM: Oh, dear! What did you do?
SL: The only logical thing to do. I lifted my dress up.
SM: Oh, Sister! What did the man do?
SL: The only logical thing to do. He pulled down his pants.

SM:Oh, no! What happened then?
SL: Isn't it logical, Sister?
A nun with her dress up can run faster than man with his pants down.

And for those of you who thought it would be dirty,
say two Hail Marys
Sadly, an Honest Creationist - de Cassandra la: 18/12/2005 23:11:34
(la: Oamenii nu se trag din maimuta)
by Richard Dawkins

Reproduc acest articol, este lung dar merita lectura cu prisosinta:

Creation “scientists” have more need than most of us to parade their degrees and qualifications, but it pays to look closely at the institutions that awarded them and the subjects in which they were taken. Those vaunted Ph.D.s tend to be in subjects such as marine engineering or gas kinetics rather than in relevant disciplines like zoology or geology. And often they are earned not at real universities, but at little-known Bible colleges deep in Bush country.

There are, however, a few shining exceptions. Kurt Wise now makes his living at Bryan College (motto “Christ Above All”) located in Dayton, Tennessee, home of the famed Scopes trial. And yet, he originally obtained an authentic degree in geophysics from the University of Chicago, followed by a Ph.D. in geology from Harvard, no less, where he studied under (the name is milked for all it is worth in creationist propaganda) Stephen Jay Gould.

Kurt Wise is a contributor to , a compendium edited by John F. Ashton (Ph.D., of course). I recommend this book. It is a revelation. I would not have believed such wishful thinking and self-deception possible. At least some of the authors seem to be sincere, and they don’t water down their beliefs. Much of their fire is aimed at weaker brethren who think God works through evolution, or who clutch at the feeble hope that one “day” in Genesis might mean not twenty-four hours but a hundred million years. These are hard-core “young earth creationists” who believe that the universe and all of life came into existence within one week, less than 10,000 years ago. And Wise—flying valiantly in the face of reason, evidence, and education—is among them. If there were a prize for Virtuoso Believing (it is surely only a matter of time before the Templeton Foundation awards one) Kurt Wise, B.A. (Chicago), Ph.D. (Harvard), would have to be a prime candidate.

Wise stands out among young earth creationists not only for his impeccable education, but because he displays a modicum of scientific honesty and integrity. I have seen a published letter in which he comments on alleged “human bones” in Carboniferous coal deposits. If authenticated as human, these “bones” would blow the theory of evolution out of the water (incidentally giving lie to the canard that evolution is unfalsifiable and therefore unscientific: J. B. S. Haldane, asked by an overzealous Popperian what empirical finding might falsify evolution, famously growled, “Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian!”). Most creationists would not go out of their way to debunk a promising story of human remains in the Pennsylvanian Coal Measures. Yet Wise patiently and seriously examined the specimens as a trained paleontologist, and concluded unequivocally that they were “inorganically precipitated iron siderite nodules and not fossil material at all.” Unusually among the motley denizens of the “big tent” of creationism and intelligent design, he seems to accept that God needs no help from false witness.

All the more interesting, then, to read his personal testimony in In . It is actually quite moving, in a pathetic kind of way. He begins with his childhood ambition. Where other boys wanted to be astronauts or firemen, the young Kurt touchingly dreamed of getting a Ph.D. from Harvard and teaching science at a major university. He achieved the first part of his goal, but became increasingly uneasy as his scientific learning conflicted with his religious faith. When he could bear the strain no longer, he clinched the matter with a Bible and a pair of scissors. He went right through from Genesis 1 to Revelations 22, literally cutting out every verse that would have to go if the scientific worldview were true. At the end of this exercise, there was so little left of his Bible that

. . . try as I might, and even with the benefit of intact margins throughout the pages of Scripture, I found it impossible to pick up the Bible without it being rent in two. I had to make a decision between evolution and Scripture. Either the Scripture was true and evolution was wrong or evolution was true and I must toss out the Bible. . . . It was there that night that I accepted the Word of God and rejected all that would ever counter it, including evolution. With that, in great sorrow, I tossed into the fire all my dreams and hopes in science.

See what I mean about pathetic? Most revealing of all is Wise’s concluding paragraph:

Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. Here I must stand.

See what I mean about honest? Understandably enough, creationists who aspire to be taken seriously as scientists don’t go out of their way to admit that Scripture—a local origin myth of a tribe of Middle-Eastern camel-herders—trumps evidence. The great evolutionist John Maynard Smith, who once publicly wiped the floor with Duane P. Gish (up until then a highly regarded creationist debater), did it by going on the offensive right from the outset and challenging him directly: “Do you seriously mean to tell me you believe that all life was created within one week?”

Kurt Wise doesn’t need the challenge; he volunteers that, even if all the evidence in the universe flatly contradicted Scripture, and even if he had reached the point of admitting this to himself, he would still take his stand on Scripture and deny the evidence. This leaves me, as a scientist, speechless. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a mind capable of such doublethink. It reminds me of Winston Smith in struggling to believe that two plus two equals five if Big Brother said so. But that was fiction and, anyway, Winston was tortured into submission. Kurt Wise—and presumably others like him who are less candid—has suffered no such physical coercion. But, as I hinted at the end of my previous column, I do wonder whether childhood indoctrination could wreak a sufficiently powerful brainwashing effect to account for this bizarre phenomenon.

Whatever the underlying explanation, this example suggests a fascinating, if pessimistic, conclusion about human psychology. It implies that there is no sensible limit to what the human mind is capable of believing, against any amount of contrary evidence. Depending upon how many Kurt Wises are out there, it could mean that we are completely wasting our time arguing the case and presenting the evidence for evolution. We have it on the authority of a man who may well be creationism’s most highly qualified and most intelligent scientist that no evidence, no matter how overwhelming, no matter how all-embracing, no matter how devastatingly convincing, can ever make any difference.

Can you imagine believing that and at the same time accepting a salary, month after month, to teach science? Even at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee? I’m not sure that I could live with myself. And I think I would curse my God for leading me to such a pass.

Richard Dawkins is the Charles Simonyi Professor of Public Understanding of Science at Oxford University. An evolutionary biologist and prolific author and lecturer

____________
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived" Isaac Asimov
imaginginfo - de Dinu Lazar la: 22/12/2005 17:14:37
Esteee! Acum merge. E foarte interesant, adevarat. Site de site.

Dau si eu aici citeva situri care mi-au placut in ultimul timp si care merita a fi vazute intre caltaboshi, cozonaci si friptane; sunt de la diversi amici, cu descrierile lor:

---------------------------------

I've made a couple of CS2 scripts that are useful to me, and I thought they may be useful to others too. they are at:

I use them when preparing submissions to my stock library. If anyone cares to improve or modify them go right ahead, and I would be interested in any constructive feedback.

-------------------------------------

That link (http://www.mpiscopo.com/artman/publish/article_33.shtml) comes from a very interesting site for photographers and graphic artists with lots more info on marketing and other subjects, but I'm posting again to tell you about a service offered by Acclaim Images. If you sell with them, they will construct a website for you which will include all of your images and links back to their site where they may be purchased.

Here is mine... http://www.bethsstockphotography.com/. Of course, it is not highly individualized as far as design is concerned (I think there were choices concerning background color and one other attribute that I can't remember right now), but since it's free, there's not much to complain about and if you take a look, I think you'll agree that it isn't bad!!
========================================
Have been following the discussion about web design and coincidentally came across this article that I thought might add to the discussion...

"Marketing With Your Website," at
=========================================
For every photographer selling prints there's a differing menu of
prices. Ultimately, only you can decide what your images are worth.
I've decided on mine, you can see my prices here..... http://
www.pobereskin.com/prints.html
======================
It may be of interest to some to look at new guidelines on best practice for supply of digital imagery that have just been released:-

www.updig.org

#96602 (raspuns la: #96563) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
ziua buna:) - de anisia la: 15/03/2006 10:52:15
(la: TRANCANEALA NEARISTOCRATA)
am venit, va tzuc, va las cateva glumite si ma intorc la treaba... ne vedem diseara :)

TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America .
MARIA: Here it is.
TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America?
CLASS: Maria.
__________________________________________
TEACHER: Why are you late, Frank?
FRANK: Because of the sign.
TEACHER: What sign?
FRANK: The one that says, "School Ahead, Go Slow."
_________________________________
TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.
__________________________________________
TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell "crocodile?"
GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L"
TEACHER: No, that's wrong
GLENN: Maybe it s wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.
_______________________________________________
TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD: H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER: &n bsp; What are you talking about?
DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.
__________________________________
TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WINNIE: Me!
__________________________________________
TEACHER: Goss, why do you always get so dirty?
GOSS: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.
_____________________________
________
TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with "I."
MILLIE: I is...
TEACHER: No, Millie.... . Always say, "I am."
MILLIE: All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."
_________________________________
TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's
cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his
father didn't punish him?
LOUIS: Because George still had the ax in his hand.
______________________________________
TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.
______________________________
T EACHER: Clyde, your composition on "My Dog" is exactly the
same as your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE: No, teacher, it's the same dog.
___________________________________
TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher.
________________________________________________________
doar pentru ca toate pasarile au aripi, nu inseamna ca zboara toate la aceeasi inaltime...
What makes a man a man(Marc Almond) - de Pasagerul la: 19/03/2006 22:40:25
(la: Minoritati)
My mum and I we live alone
A great apartment is our home
In fairhome towers
I have to keep me company
Two dogs, a cat, a parakeet
Some plants and flowers
I help my mother with the chores
I wash, she dries, I do the floors
We work together
I shop and cook and sew a bit
Though mum does too I must admit
I do it better
At night I work in a strange bar
Impersonating every star
I'm quite deceiving
The customers come in with doubt
And wonder what I'm all about
But leave believing
I do a very special show
Where I am nude from head to toe
After stripteasing
Each night the men look so surprised
I change my sex before their eyes
Tell me if you can
What makes a man a man

At 3 o'clock or so I meet
With friends to have a bite to eat
And conversation
We love to empty out our hearts
With every subject from the arts
To liberation
We love to pull apart someone
And spread some gossip just for fun
Or start a rumour
We let our hair down, so to speak
And mock ourselves with tongue-in-cheek
And inside humour
So many times we have to pay
For having fun and being gay
It's not amusing
There's always those that spoil our games
By finding fault and calling names
Always accusing
They draw attention to themselves
At the expense of someone else
It's so confusing
Yet they make fun of how I talk
And imitate the way I walk
Tell me if you can
What makes a man a man

My masquerade comes to an end
And I go home to bed again
Alone and friendless
I close my eyes, I think of him
I fantasise what might have been
My dreams are endless
We love each other but it seems
The love is only in my dreams
It's so one sided
But in this life I must confess
The search for love and hapiness
Is unrequited
I ask myself what I have got
Of what I am and what I'm not
What have I given
The answers come from those who make
The rules that some of us must break
Just to keep living
I know my life is not a crime
I'm just a victim of my time
I stand defenceless
Nobody has the right to be
The judge of what is right for me
Tell me if you can
What make a man a man

Tell me if you can
Tell me if you can
Tell me if you can
What makes a man a man

Trebuie ascultat!!!
O fi bine in Rai, dar cele mai interesante persoane nu ajung acolo
(Nietzsche)