The Loves of the Angels by Thomas Moore

The New York Times si rascoala fotografilor - de Dinu Lazar la: 18/05/2004 02:20:32
Dear fellow editorial photographers and colleagues:

It was with significant dismay that we read The New York Times' recent contract offer to its contributing freelance photographers. It marks a new low point in our industry's downward spiral in the terms under which freelancers are asked to work for publications.

Over the years the Times has been continually diminishing the compensation it pays to freelancers. It has not raised its assignment fees for so many years that inflation has greatly eaten away the value of the payment. By comparison, standard photo assistant day rates in most metro areas of the US now outstrip what The New York Times sees fit to pay its freelance photographers for creating the visual content of its pages. To add insult to injury, in 1998 the Times began demanding web use without additional payment, then a few years later unilaterally eliminated transmission fees, and now is asking for copyright with no additional increase in compensation. The Times is in essence seeking to gain virtually all the benefits of having employees without bearing any of the real costs. Why should freelancers subsidize The New York Times in this manner?

In its defense, the Times has argued that this contract is not much different from many contracts currently employed by newspapers. We feel that joining the ranks of other publishers that attempt to bully their freelancers with bad terms and bad contracts only makes the Times one more bully on the block. Given that the Times takes pride in presenting itself as an organization devoted to integrity and excellence, its treatment of freelancers clearly violates its own cherished principles. We would think that a publication as esteemed and prestigious as The New York Times would find this situation most embarrassing, not to mention demoralizing to those who are asked to distribute this contract.

From a photographer's perspective the Times contract is an abysmally bad deal (for a thorough analysis, please go to:
, plus more information at:
). EP has always strongly taken the position that photographers should say NO to bad deals. We continue to urge all freelancers to walk away from bad deals.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Danny Turner
Jennie Zeiner

EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
www.editorialphoto.com
#15536 (raspuns la: #15523) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE NEWS - de Dinu Lazar la: 18/12/2004 21:19:48
STOCK PHOTO Use Up Everywhere - In Summer 2004, creative firms said they purchase

an average of 7 royalty-free images and 6 rights-managed images over the Internet per month. http://www.trendwatchgraphicarts.com/fastfacts/fast261.html

Ancient and Modern Tattoos Celebrated in Photography Book - Capturing images of tattoos, body markings, and scarifications from modern and traditional cultures in more than 30 countries, RAINIER brings a seven-year labor of love to fruition in this collection of black and white images. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1210_041210_tattoos.html#main

Images of Isolation and Obsession - Photography shows address AESTHETIC issues http://www.metropulse.com/dir_zine/dir_2004/1450/t_artbeat.html

FREE Photo Business Fees Calculator helps you determine appropriate rates and fees to charge based on your individual costs of being in business as a photographer or multi-media author. http://www.vrphotography.com

New photography LAWS have been passed regarding camera phone photos of naked people or of private areas that are covered by underwear -- without consent. http://www.news8austin.com/content/your_news/default.asp?ArID=126730

Obituary: Rich Wilson / Creative COMMERCIAL photographer - Some of his photos for the Pitt News, though, took on lives of their own. http://www.postgazette.com/pg/04345/424706.stm

Photographer was ready for disarmament - An international photographer was being lined up to provide visual evidence of IRA disarmament in the event of a landmark NORTHERN ISLAND peace process deal, it emerged. This was rejected .http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=148592052&p=y4859z88x&n=148592889,

Capturing character - Leila Grossman, owner of Grannis Photography, is a "CHARACTER photographer" who captures kids, adults and animals at their most intimate and expressive moments. http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=12&screen=news&news_id=37809

Rare Signed U2 PHOTO for Sale - A rare photograph of U2 taken by a world-renowned photographer and signed by the band is expected to go under the hammer for £7,000 (10,000 euros) tomorrow. http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3881933

SKI photographer's life behind and in front of the camera http://www.harktheherald.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=42607&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

The 2004 GIFT GUIDE for creative people. We asked our regular contributors what they'd like to give - or receive -- for the holidays this year. Their answers may surprise you. http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/22265.html

Lulu.com makes it easy for digital camera owners to create their own personalized PHOTO BOOK . Consumers can upload their digital images and publish a glossy, full-color paperback photo book. Most albums cost less than $10. http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/22276.html?cprose=daily

Fotobay.com debuts revolutionary "Cool Album" technology that allows anyone to create the ultimate interactive ON-LINE PHOTO ALBUMS through the web browser. Nearly all of today's online albums are simple static photos and text captions. http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/22279.html?cprose=daily

#31934 (raspuns la: #31902) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
E. A. Poe - de sanjuro la: 25/11/2003 06:38:29
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Annabel Lee

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee; —
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love —
I and my Annabel Lee —
With a love that the wingéd seraphs in Heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her high-born kinsmen came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre,
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me —
Yes! — that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we —
Of many far wiser than we —
And neither the angels in Heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee: —

For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee: —
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling — my darling — my life and my bride,
In her sepulchre there by the sea —
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

#5163 (raspuns la: #4732) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Bene sh-atata ...oricum ...mult! - de Alice la: 01/12/2003 13:46:48
(la: Cohen)
D-aia uite:

"What is a saint? A saint is someone who has achieved a remote human possibility. It is impossible to say what that possibility is. I think it has something to do with the energy of love. Contact with this energy results in the exercise of a kind of balance in the chaos of existence. A saint does not dissolve the chaos; if he did the world would have changed long ago. I do not think that a saint dissolves the chaos even for himself, for there is something arrogant and warlike in the notion of a man setting the universe in order. It is a kind of balance that is his glory. He rides the drifts like an escaped ski. His course is the caress of the hill. His track is a drawing of the snow in a moment of its particular arrangement with wind and rock. Something in him so loves the world that he gives himself to the laws of gravity and chance. Far from flying with the angels, he traces with the fidelity of a seismograph needle the state of the solid bloody landscape. His house is dangerous and finite, but he is at home in the world. He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."
- L. Cohen, Beautiful Losers

Ai citit "The Favorite"?
#5709 (raspuns la: #5648) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Poze pe sub fuste, la americani - de Dinu Lazar la: 26/05/2004 14:59:30
"A Mineola man was arrested after taking a snapshot under a woman's skirt as she rode up an escalator in the Roosevelt Field Mall on Sunday, Nassau County police said.

Third Squad detectives said Scott D. Lyons, 31, of 366 Herricks Rd., had been standing behind an unidentified woman who was wearing a short skirt at about 3:30 p.m. when he placed a compact digital camera under the garment and took a picture.

Third Precinct Police Officers Thomas Kennedy and Glen Wachter, who were behind Lyons at the time, were alerted to the crime when the camera flashed, Det. Sgt. Richard S. Dorsi said at a news conference at police headquarters in Mineola Monday. The officers arrested Lyons once they reached the top of the escalator, which is near the Nordstrom store in the East Garden City mall. But the alleged victim disappeared into the crowd, Dorsi said.

"We'd love to talk to the victim," Dorsi said, urging anyone who has information about the incident to call Crime Stoppers at 800-244- TIPS. "She had no idea that this occurred."

Lyons could not be reached to comment Monday.

Dorsi said that police seized a camera from Lyons and that Lyons, who did not protest his arrest, also later surrendered his computer without officers seeking a warrant.

Lyons is charged with unlawful surveillance, a Class E felony.
Officers issued Lyons an appearance ticket and he will be arraigned in First District Court in Hempstead next Tuesday.

"Upskirting" has happened in this state (Washington), so the state quickly passed a new paragraph to the law which governs lewd behavior with a camera (including cell phones) with respect to unsuspecting or non-consenting individuals. The target is not the camera, but the invasion of personal space by unwanted person/persons.
In other words, if you have their permission, it is okay! The rule is a fair extension of the "Peeping Tom" and hole in the ladies restroom ceiling/wall rules. Just a new application of what a reasonable person would find unacceptable behavior by a stranger.
We don't view it as a restriction on photographers, but a restriction on invasion of private body space.
#15881 (raspuns la: #15853) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Edgar Allan Poe - de fefe la: 19/11/2004 00:18:43
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Scuzati-ma dar mi-am adus aminte ca mai este un scriitor care il ador. Tot American, si tot unul din favoritii mei. Enjoy.

ANNABEL LEE
( 1849)
by Edgar Allan Poe

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her highborn kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in heaven,
Went envying her and me-
Yes!- that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

-THE END-

atunci sa facem completarea de cuvinta... - de sanjuro la: 19/11/2004 10:10:12
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven
[First published in 1845]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never-nevermore."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `Nevermore.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet violet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!
#29200 (raspuns la: #29192) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
kate bush - organic acid - de zaraza la: 19/07/2005 23:37:13
(la: Versuri din melodiile voastre preferate...)
ma fascineaza in ultima vreme.

ptr cine e interesat de un download:

He got her drunk very quickly
Holding hands, they found the broom-cupboard
Where he had control as far as the fall
When his hand covered wet hair
She took over among furniture wax
Dust, and the cloying yellow of polishing-cloth
When he was sick, she comforted him

Oh hush, my friend, and sleep
And cuddle to the wind
Sleep on through the waves
That may wet your lover's dream

We have been far through this night long hours
We will go far, tomorrow, out of sight, ooh...

He couldn't do it properly
The disco, the office, the pub,
Had left out those details of delight.
Satisfied, he would collapse out,
Puzzled at why she still squirmed,
Held onto him, tears curling into her mouth
This was something their stories always omitted
That her joy would seem like pain
When he focused after his release.

Do sand and shells and stones
Peep in through your night?
But you should not be hurt
For all will pass with time.

We have been far through this night long hours
We will go far, tomorrow, out of sight, ooh...

In the third week of the relationship
She was tripping on organic acid
Would stop to pick up a rained-out leaf
Would give it tenderly into his hand
Full of dead things before they reached the car

When they drove she sat with mouth open
As though photographed on the impact of a stomach punch
Her right fist gripping the skin of his left leg

Hooking the steering-wheel closer to his heart
He feared her, and slapped out sideways into her face
She entered the cut with her tongue
Gurgling gratitude for the strange taste

Do you fear the dark?
Then hush, and realise
That though the angels never come
Prayers can soothe your mind

We have been far through this night long hour
We will go far, tomorrow, out of sight, ooh...

There was no premonition of the wet Hog's Back
The sportscar slumped, snout into a beech
Their corpses giving the vehicle arms
Petrol and blood at last dripping together
But quick flashes of a planned lunch
Cold red beef, white cloth by a cherrywood fire
Game pie, and for him two pints of colder beer
The winter air tucking under their eyelids
As they spun on the gravel at Clandon
Their hands steaming from quick moisture
The aromatic finger drawn up to his nostril
Dazed after mutual masturbation
They zigzagged into a conservative end

Oh hush, my friend, asleep.
Fotografie chinezeasca - de Dinu Lazar la: 02/02/2006 22:11:01
mereu am spus ca fotografia chineza este extraordinara... multumim de link.

Daca tot suntem la rubrica de situri memorabile... stiati de asta?

www.GoSee.us

Iata ce gasim acolo, printre altele:

01. NEW : Celina Stromeyer, photo agent, Munich
NEW to GoSee is Munich agent Celina Stromeyer. And without any further ado, let’s get straight on with her latest NEWS:

Roger WEBER has just been producing in the south of Spain with model Teresa Moore c/o MUNICH MODELS for fashion client TAIFUN. Fred STICHNOTH shot the new image brochure for client LODENFREY. And the result is a superb mixture of stills and Fred's typical fairy-like models .... read more.

02. Traska Andresen : APRIORI, OTTO, PEUGEOT, ...
Leif SCHMODDE photographed the new APRIORI catalogue with our favourite star model Diana Gaertner in Ibiza. Location was a wonderful white villa. Hair and make-up came from STEFFEN Zoll c/o M4 MOTION, casting from Michaela Henning.

Torsten KLINKOW has been taking photos on behalf of London agency bd-ntwk in Cape Town for the introduction of the PEUGEOT 207. The results can be seen soon at the Geneva Salon. Then straight afterwards he went to Avignon, to photograph racing driver Jean Alesi with the MERCEDES CLS 55 AMG for the MERCEDES DESIGN MAGAZINE. Art buyer Anika Fregin from Jung von Matt booked Torsten for BMW .... read more.
07. Art Division : Brazilian ELLE, VOGUE, AIGNER, ....
Sacha HOECHSTETTER has been working for Brazilian ELLE, with model Prisila Uchoa, hair + make-up was the job of Andre Gagliardo and the styling was by Jussara Romao. And also for Brazilian VOGUE Sacha shot a fashion editorial, plus he also photographed a Playmate for the German PLAYBOY.

Hervé HADDAD has been taking photos in Milano for the new AIGNER catalogue in cooperation with still life duo Mierswa and Kluska .... read more.
14. New Line Concept : New recruit JOSÉ MANUEL FERRATER
Marcus Schwenzel is now representing Spanish fashion photographer José Manuel FERRATER in Germany. José has produced international campaigns for: ZARA with AMBER VALETTA and CAROLYN MURPHY, MANGO with CARMEN KASS, LACOSTE with SUZANNE KAY... And we have some new work by Joan ALSINA .... read more.

#103619 (raspuns la: #103595) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Freelancers work for a pittance - de Eduard Popescu la: 17/03/2006 07:38:13
Salutare,

Ca veni vorba de poze pe gratis si alte probleme legate de plata imaginilor - citeam recent chestia asta in British Journal of Photography:

Freelance photographers are being paid as little as £12.50 for an image according to a shocking new survey by the National Union of Journalists...the NUJ claims that some photographers are being forced out of the industry by the fact that the fees they are commanding do not cover their costs - either of their equipment or running a car...
The use of free student labour is also undermining professionals photographers, claims the survey - a point supported by Jeff Moore, chairman of the British Press Photographers Association.

Acuma, nu stiu daca situatia e chiar asa de sumbra, dar am intilnit o domnisoara fotografa care marturisea cu mina pe inima ca iese in pierdere cind face editoriale pentru nume foarte mari din presa londoneza.

Chestia asta cu datul de poze pe gratis eu o vad un pic mai complexa, cel putin pentru incepatori.
A aparut nu demult la Londra o revista trimestriala foarte simpatica, cu texte, imagini si grafica ispirate de capitala. Imi zic: hai sa le trimit si eu o poza-doua, mai stii cum devine chestia? Si dau sa ma uit dupa caseta tehnica si eventuale detalii despre contributii de la cititori. Nu-mi ia mult, dar ce vad ma lasa masca: editorii afirma raspicat ca orice contributie e binevenita, dar nu se plateste un sfant. Insa ei promit ca daca in mai puti de un an de la apritia in revista nu vei fi invitat la cel putin zece petreceri la care vor veni prezentatorii de la „Late Review” , intreaga echipa de la „Hollyoaks” si ceva maimute cu palarii ei iti dau articolul inapoi! Ei, m-am suparat rau de tot, i-am injurat cu voce tare in librarie si n-am mai cumparat revista.
Dupa vreo doua saptamani m-am uitat iar prin revista, mi-am zis ca e prea simpatica si i-am iertat. Apoi mi-am amintit ce zice Dinica despre mindrie in „Filantropica” si le-am trimis niste poze, din care doua au aparut in numarul urmator… Acum, calculul meu a fost asa: eu sint inca tinar, si inca un termen in enumerarea „Publicat in…” la CV e de folos, da-i la naiba editorii aia cacaciosi care se pling ca ei duc revista la distribuitori cu metroul si atrag mereu atentia ca in revista nu exista publicitate (asa o fi, dar eu sint convins ca ei scot bani frumosi din ea).

Bine, astia-s mici si prapaditi dar acum zece zile primesc un mail de la o doamna de la "Professional Photographer", revista mare, tiparita impecabil, cu 'jdemii de exemplare vindute lunar, cum ca ei ar dori sa publice o fotografie de-ale mele; desigur, gratis.
Desigur, mi-am dat acordul.

Asa ca eu cred ca lucrurile stau in felul urmator: daca esti pus in situatii de genul asta, gindeste-te in primul rind (sau numai) la tine, la ce foloase poti tu sa tragi dintr-o eventuala aparitie neremunerata. Daca (si numai daca) crezi ca tu ai de cistigat cu adevarat mai mult decit „clientul”, eu zic ca e OK…
five distinct species of human. - de Muresh la: 30/03/2006 20:37:31
(la: Oare toţi oamenii de astăzi au origină comună ?)
Fragmente din articolul de mai sus, scrie de catre Dr. George Johnson in "On Science".
It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that the Out-of-Africa
all along. theory was right
Researchers now recognize
with considerable bickering about the details five distinct species of human.
While the details of this story are still quite controversial among
paleontologists, the emerging consensus is that there have been at least five species of humans, all of them evolving in Africa and four of them migrating out in successive waves to Europe and Africa.

Did our species evolve only in Africa? Some paleontologists do not accept the last stage in this story. They reject the Out-of-Africa theory that Homo sapiens evolved in Africa then migrated out, replacing earlier
human species as it spread out over the face of the globe. Instead, they put forth a multi-regional proposal, sometimes called the Regional
Continuity Theory. This theory proposes a single very early migration out of Africa to Europe and Asia, followed by two million years of evolution in place. African, European, and Asian lineages evolved separately adapting to local conditions, yet all were linked evolutionarily by occasional migration. While distinct human races developed, the exchange
of genes promoted by occasional migrants prevented major genetic differences from persisting, so no race was able to become a separate species.
Who is right? One obvious way to sort out this problem without resorting to statistical shenanigans is to find enough genetic variation to make clear comparisons, and then ask if humans in Africa, Europe, and Asia have the same amount of it. Species accumulate genetic mutations over time, and if multi-regionalism is right, then humans in the three regions should have about the same amount.
On the other hand, if our species originated
only in Africa, and migrated out to Europe and Asia later, then you would expect that many more genetic mutations would have accumulated in Africa
for our species would have been there much longer
This presents a significant problem in studying human evolution, as human species have evolved within the last two million years, too short a time to accumulate many gene differences

A clear test of the multiregional proposal is possible using such highly variable portions of chromosomal DNA, as they provide a large number of
"markers" to compare
----------------
......... analyzing two highly variable segments on chromosome 12. Sixteen hundred individuals were examined in 42 populations.
A total of 24 different versions of the two segments were found, each a different but related gene sequence. Fully 21 of them were present in African populations, while 3 were found in Europeans, and only 2 in Asians and in Americans.
Since DNA accumulates mutations over time, the oldest populations of
humans should show the greatest number of genetic differences,
the European and Asian humans haven't been around nearly as long as African ones.

International Exhibition of Art Photography - de Dinu Lazar la: 06/04/2006 07:29:19
Ca vorbim de lup - si luuupu` la usa:

International Exhibition of Art Photography by the Authors
from Countries in the Danube - region Osijek 2006

Photo club OSIJEK has, according to the national as well as
the international rules, and under the auspices of FIAP, the
Croatian Photographic Union and the City of Osijek, invited
tenders for The International Exhibition of Art Photography
by the Authors from Countries in the Danube - region.
Condition and rules have also been defined by this tender;
the calendar (dates of receiving, evaluating, presentation,
return of the pictures and the delivery of catalogues) as well
as the prizes and awards. You can find all details and the
application form on http://www.fotoklubosijek.hr/ !
#115680 (raspuns la: #115676) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
International Exhibition of Art Photography - de Dinu Lazar la: 18/04/2006 13:19:23
Photo club OSIJEK has, according to the national as well as
the international rules, and under the auspices of FIAP,
the Croatian Photographic Union and the City of Osijek,
invited tenders for The International Exhibition of Art
Photography by the Authors from Countries in the Danube - region.
Condition and rules have also been defined by this tender;
the calendar (dates of receiving, evaluating, presentation,
return of the pictures and the delivery of catalogues) as
well as the prizes and awards. You can find all details and
the application form on http://www.fotoklubosijek.hr/ !
#117805 (raspuns la: #117675) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Pararelism intre Iisus si Horus, zeul egiptean. - de Muresh la: 04/06/2006 17:40:27
(la: de ce credeti in dumnezeu?)

Pararelism intre Iisus si Horus, zeul egiptean.

Event Horus Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus
Conception: Horus - By a virgin; Jesus - By a virgin
Father: Horus - Only begotten son of the God Osiris; Jesus - Only begotten son of Yehovah (in the form of the Holy Spirit).
Mother: Horus - Isis; Jesus - Miriam (a.k.a. Mary).
Foster father: Horus - Seb; (Jo-Seph). Jesus - Joseph
Foster father’s ancestry: Horus - Of royal descent; Jesus - Of royal descent
Birth location: Horus - In a cave; Jesus - In a cave or stable
Annunciation: By an angel to Isis, his mother; By an angel to Miriam, his mother
Birth announcement: Horus - By angels; Jesus - By angels
Birth witnesses: Horus - Shepherds; Jesus - Shepherds
Later witnesses to birth: Horus - Three solar deities; Jesus - Three wise men
Death threat during infancy: Horus - Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Jesus - Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.
"An angel tells Jesus’ father to: "Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."
Break in life history: Horus - No data between ages of 12 & 30. Jesus - No data between ages of 12 & 30.
Baptism location: Horus - In the river Eridanus. Jesus - In the river Jordan
Age at baptism: 30. 30.
Baptized by: Horus- Anup the Baptiser. : Jesus- John the Baptist.
Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Horus - Beheaded Jesus - Beheaded
Supporters: Horus- Twelve disciples. Jesus - Twelve disciples
Raising of the dead: Horus raised Osirus, his dead father, from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave
Method of death: Horus - By crucifixion. Jesus - By crucifixion
Accompanied by: Horus - Two thieves Jesus - Two thieves.
Burial: Horus - In a tomb. Jesus - In a tomb
Fate after death: Horus - Descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.Jesus - Descended into Hellresurrected after about 30 to 38 hours (Friday PM to presumably some time in Sunday AM) covering parts of three days.
Cules de Muresh
Carpenters - Close to you. M-a induiosat melodia... - de providence la: 06/06/2006 20:01:45
(la: Versuri din melodiile voastre preferate...)
Why do birds

Suddenly appear?

Everytime you are near

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

Why do stars

Fall down from the sky?

Everytime you walk by

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

(*) on the day that you were born

The angels got together and decided

To create a dream come true

So they sprinkled moondust in your hair

Of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue

(**) that is why all the girls in town

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

*** - de raqissa la: 23/04/2009 01:43:08
(la: Parintii)
An excerpt from "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran

And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said,
"Speak to us of Children".
And he said:

Your children are not your children,
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but are not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your chilren
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and
He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far
Let your bending in th earcher's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
So he loves also the bow that is stable.
ady - de Honey in the Sunshine la: 04/06/2009 12:54:02
(la: De cand il caut !...)
Translation Thanks to Yacine Diop :

As children we will go from house to house to entertain
Which was singing and dancing and afterwards
They will give us money or rice or wheat or biscuits
These were one of my best memories as a child.
The song we use to sing is the song Ismaël Lô is singing
He is saying :

Tajabone we’re going to Tajabone

Abdou Jabar he’s an angel coming from the skies to your soul

He’s going to ask you did you pray
He’s going to ask you did you fast
He is coming to your soul
He’s going to ask you did you pray did you fast

That’s it then he just go on and on saying the same things
we use to sing this song because in ISLAM
you are commanded by God to pray five times a day
and fast on the month of ramadan so when you die
the angels will ask you these questions

Tajabone, mergem la Tajabone
Abdou Jabar e un inger venit din ceruri spre sufletul tau

O sa te intrebe daca te-ai rugat
O sa te intrebe daca ai postit
Vine spre sufletul tau
O sa te intrebe daca te-ai rugat, daca ai postit

Se pare ca e un fel de colind nigerian:)
#447416 (raspuns la: #447405) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Istoria se bazeaza pe fapte si documente. - de Zamolxe la: 31/10/2003 20:34:47
(la: ZIDUL RUSINII)
Alien. Te alienezi de unul singur. Nu prea le ai cu intelegerea frazelor complexe, le scoti din context, le trunchiezi si te minunezi de ce emiti.
Eu am propus o discutie logica, bazata pe argumente, date istorice si pe fapte. Pot sa intep si eu, chiar mai abitir decit tine, dar nu acesta este scopul discutiei.
Singura cotizatie pe care o dau este pentru adevar si logica.

Toata justificarea pretentiilor teritoriale ale evreilor in Palestina au la baza ideea reintoarcerii “acasa”. Ori asa cum am spus si am demonstrat logic, singurii care se pot reintoarce sint cei care au plecat. Urmasii unui popor nu se reintorc la origini decit in sens literar.
Aceasta tara (casa), Palestina condusa de imperiul roman, a fost parasita de evrei. Fortati de imprejurari. Motivele plecarii sint neimportante pentru arabii care au venit in locul romanilor, dupa multe sute de ani!!! Nu arabii i-au gonit pe evrei din tara lor, ei pur si simplu s-au stabilit acolo unde era locul gol. Mai mult, evreii din diversele zone ale lumii, au fost aliati ai arabilor si au luptat alaturi de ei.

Citeva legaturi pe internet despre subiect, pe care il stiu mai bine decit multi din carti adevarate, tiparite.

http://jesusneverexisted.com/militant.htm: Jerusalem was besieged by the Romans in the spring of 70 C.E. and ruthlessly retaken during the summer, by which time the defenders had been reduced to civil war, starvation and (according to Josephus) even cannibalism. The religious fanatics made their last stand at the fortress they had taken first – Massada. When faced by inevitable defeat (73 C.E.) they met it with a defiant act of mass suicide. The terrible price the Jews paid for their revolt was the total destruction of their temple and the city in which it stood.

Rezistenta evreilor a durat 3 ani pentru ca dupa sinuciderea lui Nero, a fost nevoie de ceva timp ca imperiul roman sa se stabilizeze.

Iar dacii, chiar daca au pierdut razboiul cu imperiul, nu au plecat din tara lor, care de altfel nici nu a fost ocupata integral, vezi zona dacilor liberi. Dacii s-au amestecat in cele din urma cu romanii si au nascut poporul român.

Evreii s-au stabilit in alte parti. http://www.geocities.com/jewishwarriors/: Finally, in the 9th century, the leaders and the majority of the Khazar nobility came to be Jews. One likely possibility for how this happened is a conversion of the nobility. This is the official version of the situation, as told by the Khazar ruler Joseph in his famous letter to Hasdai ibn Shaprut of Spain.

Asa cum am mai spus, pina in 1948 nu a fost un conflict deschis intre evrei si arabi. Ciocniri, atacuri, probleme locale, da. Ca peste tot intr-o lume a violentei, a dreptului fortei.

Si probabil ca nu ar fi fost nici un conflict major daca evreii ar fi respectat rezolutia nr. 181 a ONU din 29 noiembrie 1947. Iar ONU in 1947 nu era arabesc sau antisemit (vezi lista votantilor). Drept de veto aveau ca si acum foarte putini. Solutia a fost negociata si era suficient de fairplay, desi pleca de la ipoteza “reintoarcerii acasa” a evreilor.
Rezolutia a fost acceptata de evrei si respinsa de arabi. Cei care au acceptat-o au si incalcat-o si acestia au fost evreii. Rezolutia in sine era favorabila evreilor care primeau casa, o tara. La o bere politica.

United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181 called for the partition of the British-ruled Palestine Mandate into a Jewish state and an Arab state. It was approved on November 29, 1947 with 33 votes in favor, 13 against, 10 abstentions and one absent (see list at end of document).
The resolution was accepted by the Jews in Palestine, yet rejected by the Arabs in Palestine and the Arab state.
… … …
Adopted at the 128th plenary meeting:
In favour: 33
Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussian S.S.R., Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, Ukrainian S.S.R., Union of South Africa, U.S.A., U.S.S.R., Uruguay, Venezuela.
Against: 13
Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
Abstained: 10
Argentina, Chile, China, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mexico, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia.

Partea urita a fost luarea cu forta a intregului teritoriu al Palestina/Israel. Proclamarea unilaterala a statului Israel a fost momentul in care arabii si evreii au devenit cu adevarat dusmani si s-a intrat pe o spirala violenta de actiune-reactiune.

Astept de la oricare dintre voi comentarii pertinente si nu atacuri de joasa speta. Daca vrem sa intelegem istoria trebuie sa o studiem si sa ne raportam strict la fapte si date. Solutiile crizelor se regasesc in corecta intelegere a istoriei.

Istoria nu raspunde la intrebari sentimentale si nici nu trateaza intimplarile individuale.

Refuzul istoriei asa cum este ea pastrata in documente duce la ridicare de ziduri mentale. Ziduri ale rusinii.

ptr. Zamolxe - de SB_one la: 12/11/2003 15:16:14
(la: Irak)
Ai vorbit ca un tarabostes; nu-mi ramine decit sa adaug cele de mai jos.
SB

> This will get you fired up!
> I wonder how many people are aware of this information. Love him or
> loath him, he nailed this one right on the head
> By Rush Limbaugh:
> I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the
> September 11 casualty and those who die serving the country in Uniform
> are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you
> just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11.
> Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says something
> really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.
> If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to
> get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
> $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.
> If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed In
> action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half
> of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are
> the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry.
> And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When
> the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.
> Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of
> $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough.
> Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong
> place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL
> OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.
> We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the
> Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same
> deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that,
> some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for
> compensation as well.
> You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel
> of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just
> really sad.
> Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive
> next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the
> Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live
> in low-rent housing. Make sense?
> However, our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many
> of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to
> receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month, and most are now
> equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social
> Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.
> If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
> E-7, you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people
> who placed you in harm's way receive a pension of $15,000 per month. I
> would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks
> before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and
> daughters who are now fighting.
> "When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair
> to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
> If your interested there is more............
> This must be a campaign issue in 2004. Keep it going. SOCIAL SECURITY:
> (This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.)
> Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. Our
> Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security. Many years
> ago they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no
> congressperson has felt the need to change it. For all practical
> purposes their plan works like this:
> When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die,
> except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.
> For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives
> may expect to draw $7,800,000 - that's Seven Million, Eight Hundred
> Thousand), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of
> their lives. This is calculated on an average life span for each.
> Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. These little perks they
> voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for
> this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from
> the General Fund--our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security
> Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into --every payday until we
> retire (which amount is matched by our employer) --we can expect to get
> an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we
> would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68
> years and one month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!
> Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
> And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from
> under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security
> plan with the rest of us and then watch how fast they would fix it.
> If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted
> and maybe good changes will evolve. WE, each one of us... can make a
> difference..
#4084 (raspuns la: #4079) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Veste importanta din Franta - de Dinu Lazar la: 22/05/2004 15:07:17
Scrie un fotograf din Franta:

For those who intend to photography in France (you know the place where people have so exotic names, according to B. Yarvin) we have good news .
The cour de Cassation (our Supreme Court) has just stated a decision which largely is in favour of the photographers . I quote verbatim :
"le propriétaire d'un bien n'est pas le propriétaire exclusif de l'image de celui-ci" . Translation in my bad english : the owner of goods is not the exclusive owner of the image of these goods . The jurisprudence is so clear now that we can shoot buildings, houses and so on whithout fearing to loose in Court . There is one condition of course : not to be detrimental to the owner, by giving his adress for instance
#15758 (raspuns la: #15717) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului