friction wear and wear protection

Util pentru jurnalistii care vor s-o tunda dupa alegeri - de Dinu Lazar la: 26/05/2004 00:24:51
Press Office
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
May 21, 2004
Contact Media Services
202-927-8727
www.cbp.gov Press Release
U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION MODIFIES PROCEDURES REGARDING ENTRY REQUIREMENTS OF FOREIGN JOURNALISTS WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Commissioner Robert C.
Bonner announced today that new guidance has been issued to all CBP Port Directors regarding discretionary authority to permit travel for foreign journalists who attempt to enter the U.S. with the wrong visa, while reminding those foreign journalists that they should be aware of immigration policies before they depart for the United States.
Representatives of foreign press, radio, television, or other foreign information media have occasionally applied for admission to the United States as nonimmigrants with "B-1" business visas, or as business visitors under the Visa Waiver Program. The Immigration and Nationality Act does not allow them to enter in that manner. They are required to enter under an "I" visa that applies to working journalists.
"Customs and Border Protection's priority mission is keeping terrorists from entering this country.
We also enforce all laws, including immigration laws at our borders and ports of entry," said Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Bonner. "While we carry out our mission and enforce our laws, we realize there is a difference between fraud and failure to be informed of the legal requirements for entering the United States. That is why we are giving our Port Directors leeway when it comes to allowing journalists to enter the U.S. who are clearly no threat to our security,"
Commissioner Bonner concluded.
Under the new CBP policy, a Port Director may consider a one time discretionary authorization to enter the U.S. If that discretion is exercised, the journalist will be advised of the requirement to have a visa in the correct classification for any future trips to the U.S.
"We are an open society," said Commissioner Bonner, "and we want people to feel welcome here.
We want everyone to know the rules before they get here, visa requirements can be found on the U.S. Department of State web site at http://travel.state.gov/ireval.html or at http://travel.state.gov/visa;media.htm.
-More-
- 2 -
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the protection of our nation's borders. CBP unified Customs, Immigration, and Agriculture Inspectors and the Border Patrol into one border agency for the United States.
###
#15853 (raspuns la: #15816) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
kids advice to other kids - de Belle la: 03/08/2004 22:21:34
(la: Femeia)
"Never trust a dog to watch your food."
Patrick, age 10

"When your dad is mad and asks you, 'Do I look stupid?' don't answer."
Hannah, age 9

"Never tell your mom her diet's not working."
Michael, age 14

"Stay away from prunes."
Randy, age 9

"Don't pull Dad's finger when he tells you to."
Emily, age 10

"When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair."
Taylia, age 11

"Never let your three-year old brother in the same room as your school assignment."
Traci, age 14

"A puppy always has bad breath -- even after eating a Tic-Tac."
Andrew, age 9

"Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time."
Kyoyo, age 9

"You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk."
Armir, age 9

"Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts."
Kellie, age 11

"If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse."
Naomi, age 15

"Felt-tip markers are not good to use as lipstick."
Lauren, age 9

"Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat."
Joel, age 10

"When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your mom when she's on the phone."
Alyesha, age 13

"Never try to baptize a cat."
Eileen, age 8

~~~ I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
#18917 (raspuns la: #18647) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
engleza - de Eda la: 10/09/2004 23:19:57
(la: Test de limba engleza.)
Pt. cei care stiu engleza (sau asa cred ei). Nu consider ca sunt experta dar ma descurc destul de bine. Chiar am primit complimente. In schimb cei mai prosti vorbitori de engleza sunt turcii (din cate stiu eu), din cauza ca nu pot pronunta consoanele una dupa alta. Va dati seama ce iese...
In ceea ce ma priveste filmele si cantecele in engleza au avut o foarte mare influenta, incercam sa imit felul in care spuneau cuvintele si in final am invatat mai multa engleza de la televizor decat din scoala, nici nu mai urmaream subtitrarea. Alt atu este faptul ca chiar imi place engleza.

Dearest creature in creation,
Study English pronunciation.
I will teach you in my verse
Sounds like corpse, corps, horse, and worse.
I will keep you, Suzy, busy,
Make your head with heat grow dizzy.
Tear in eye, your dress will tear.
So shall I! Oh hear my prayer.
Just compare heart, beard, and heard,
Dies and diet, lord and word,
Sword and sward, retain and Britain.
(Mind the latter, how it's written.)
Now I surely will not plague you
With such words as plaque and ague.
But be careful how you speak:
Say break and steak, but bleak and streak; Cloven, oven, how and low,
Script, receipt, show, poem, and toe.
Hear me say, devoid of trickery,
Daughter, laughter, and Terpsichore,
Typhoid, measles, topsails, aisles,
Exiles, similes, and reviles;
Scholar, vicar, and cigar,
Solar, mica, war and far;
One, anemone, Balmoral,
Kitchen, lichen, laundry, laurel;
Gertrude, German, wind and mind,
Scene, Melpomene, mankind.
Billet does not rhyme with ballet,
Bouquet, wallet, mallet, chalet.
Blood and flood are not like food,
Nor is mould like should and would.
Viscous, viscount, load and broad,
Toward, to forward, to reward.
And your pronunciation's OK
When you correctly say croquet,
Rounded, wounded, grieve and sieve,
Friend and fiend, alive and live.
Ivy, privy, famous; clamour
And enamour rhyme with hammer.
River, rival, tomb, bomb, comb,
Doll and roll and some and home.
Stranger does not rhyme with anger,
Neither does devour with clangour.
Souls but foul, haunt but aunt,
Font, front, wont, want, grand, and grant, Shoes, goes, does.
Now first say finger, And then singer, ginger, linger, Real, zeal, mauve, gauze, gouge and gauge, Marriage, foliage, mirage, and age.
Query does not rhyme with very,
Nor does fury sound like bury.
Dost, lost, post and doth, cloth, loth.
Job, nob, bosom, transom, oath.
Though the differences seem little,
We say actual but victual.
Refer does not rhyme with deafer.
Foeffer does, and zephyr, heifer.
Mint, pint, senate and sedate;
Dull, bull, and George ate late.
Scenic, Arabic, Pacific,
Science, conscience, scientific.
Liberty, library, heave and heaven,
Rachel, ache, moustache, eleven.
We say hallowed, but allowed,
People, leopard, towed, but vowed.
Mark the differences, moreover,
Between mover, cover, clover;
Leeches, breeches, wise, precise,
Chalice, but police and lice;
Camel, constable, unstable,
Principle, disciple, label.
Petal, panel, and canal,
Wait, surprise, plait, promise, pal.
Worm and storm, chaise, chaos, chair,
Senator, spectator, mayor.
Tour, but our and succour, four.
Gas, alas, and Arkansas.
Sea, idea, Korea, area,
Psalm, Maria, but malaria.
Youth, south, southern, cleanse and clean. Doctrine, turpentine, marine.
Compare alien with Italian,
Dandelion and battalion.
Sally with ally, yea, ye,
Eye, I, ay, aye, whey, and key.
Say aver, but ever, fever,
Neither, leisure, skein, deceiver.
Heron, granary, canary.
Crevice and device and aerie.
Face, but preface, not efface.
Phlegm, phlegmatic, ass, glass, bass.
Large, but target, gin, give, verging,
Ought, out, joust and scour, scourging.
Ear, but earn and wear and tear
Do not rhyme with here but ere.
Seven is right, but so is even,
Hyphen, roughen, nephew Stephen,
Monkey, donkey, Turk and jerk,
Ask, grasp, wasp, and cork and work.
Pronunciation -- think of Psyche!
Is a paling stout and spikey?
Won't it make you lose your wits,
Writing groats and saying grits?
It's a dark abyss or tunnel:
Strewn with stones, stowed, solace, gunwale, Islington and Isle of Wight,
Housewife, verdict and indict.
Finally, which rhymes with enough --
Though, through, plough, or dough, or cough? Hiccough has the sound of cup.
My advice is to give up!!!
#21744 (raspuns la: #20338) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
A Dacian's Prayer - de DESTIN la: 18/09/2004 20:34:15
(la: SUFLETUL ESTE NEMURITOR)
Am incercat sa traduc in limba engleza poezia lui Eminescu,"Rugaciunea unui dac" la solicitarea unor amici si prieteni americani.

Rog a se interveni in ajutor daca traducerea este greoaie sau poate fi imbunatatita.

A Dacian's Prayer

When death did not exist, nor yet eternity,
Before the seed of life had first set living free,
When yesterday was nothing, and time had not begun,
And one included all things, and all was less than one,
When sun and moon and sky, the stars, the spinning earth
Were still part of the things that had not come to birth,
And You quite lonely stood... I ask myself with awe,
Who is this mighty God we bow ourselves before.

Ere yet the Gods existed already He was God
And out of endless water with fire the lightning shed;
He gave the Gods their reason, and joy to earth did bring,
He brought to man forgiveness, and set salvation's spring
Lift up your hearts in worship, a song of praise enfreeing,
He is the death of dying, the primal birth of being.

To him I owe my eyes that I can see the dawn,
To him I owe my heart wherein is pity born;
Whene'er I hear the tempest, I hear him pass along
Midst multitude of voices raised in a holy song;
And yet of his great mercy I beg still one behest:
That I at last be taken to his eternal rest.

Be curses on the fellow who would my praise acclaim,
But blessings upon him who does my soul defame;
Believe no matter whom who slanders my renown,
Give power to the arm that lifts to strike me down;
Let him upon the earth above all others loom
Who steals away the stone that lies upon my tomb.

Hunted by humanity, let me my whole life fly
Until I feel from weeping my very eyes are dry;
Let everyone detest me no matter where I go,
Until from persecution myself I do not know;
Let misery and horror my heart transform to stone,
That I may hate my mother, in whose love I have grown;
Till hating and deceiving for me with love will vie,
And I forget my suffering, and learn at last to die.

Dishonoured let me perish, an outcast among men;
My body less than worthy to block the gutter then,
And may, o God of mercy, a crown of diamonds wear
The one who gives my heart the hungry dogs to tear,
While for the one who in my face does callous fling a clod
In your eternal kingdom reserve a place, o God.

Thus only, gracious Father, can I requitance give
That you from your great bounty vouched me the joy to live;
To gain eternal blessings my head I do not bow,
But rather ask that you in hating compassion show.
Till comes at last the evening, your breath will mine efface,
And into endless nothing I go, and leave no trace.

PS Thanks! Denysa, tie iti apartine ideea de a veni cu aceasta poezie pe aceasta tema.

Cine se teme de suferinta...va suferi de teama.

#22810 (raspuns la: #22434) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
criteriul "dres" pt mihaelaq - de Belle la: 28/10/2004 16:04:28
(la: De ce simt femeile nevoia sa fie sexy?)
ce-mi place mie cand vine cate cineva ca tine si sare la gatul celorlati fara sa citeasca cu atentie ce s-a scris, ci doar asa din pasiunea de-a baga zazanie.

pai... daca ai fi citit cum trebuie ai fi vazut ca remarca era o impresie de "calatorie de afaceri" a unei foste colege, la new york si washington. tu stai in bucuresti, deci se aplica regulile de-acolo, desi pe vremea cand locuiam la bucuresti sa stii ca eu tot purtam dres si sanda inchisa la varf cand mergeam la servici.

nu e cazul sa relatezi imagini scarboase si rau mirositoare, aici ai aer conditionat acasa, in masina si la birou asa ca..... iar cateodata e asa de racoare la birou ca sunt sigura ca as raci la burta daca n-as purta dres (pe langa faptul ca tinuta de business o cere).

si-adica vrei sa spui ca iarna cand porti mai mult pantaloni si pantofi sau ghete nu te mai epilezi si nu-ti faci pedichiura... ewwwww. eu pana si pe maini ma epilez la fel de des ca vara chiar daca iarna port pulovere sau bluze cu maneca lunga. in definitiv e chestiune de igiena personala nu de cochetarie.

si ca sa nu zici ca am "inventat" regula de-a purta dres, uite cateva link-uri pentru tine. te vad fata cu scoala, asa ca-mi permit sa nu traduc in romaneste caci sunt convinsa ca macar engleza de baza o cunosti.

deci:

http://www.hersmallbusiness.com/etiquette/index.shtml unde zice
Neutral or taupe hosiery - ca parte a traditional business attire
si
Low-heeled shoes or boots – wear stocking - pentru proper business casual

http://career.ucsb.edu/students/busetteq.html unde zice
The Last 12 Inches from the floor to mid-calf should be very well-maintained. That includes shoes that are polished and look like new, even if they're not. It also means stockings that blend with your outfit, rather than detract from it. As George Frazier, columnist for THE BOSTON GLOBE puts it, Want to know if a person is well-dressed? Look down.

http://www.ritchimage.com/quiz.php?a=quiz citeste intrebarea 3 si raspunsul dat in josul paginii care include "Women wearing stockings at all times"

http://www.scp-ph.com/etiquette.html unde scrie
The Women
Females should wear dress suit or slacks suit, comfortable, appropriate blouse, well-maintained shoes with heels, flesh-colored or black nylons, and conservative accessories. The ladies should wear a skirt which is not less than three inches above the knee, dress straps at least one inch wide, purchase suits whose parts can be mixed and matched with other suits, and pull long hair back.
Females should never allow nail polish to chip, use heavy makeup, wear sleeveless dresses/blouses without a blazer or sweater, wear dark stockings if wearing a short-sleeved blouse, and wear see-through or low cut blouses. Females should not use opened-toed shoes or sandals, platform shoes allow undergarment straps to show, show navel, and wear heavy perfume, mini or denim skirts.

si inca un link si ma opresc
http://www.savannahnow.com/exchange/stories/021602/SOLetiquette.shtml unde scrie
A final word of caution: when people look at your feet and shoes, they will notice your socks or your stockings. Make sure you are wearing one or the other.

~~~~ I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
#26623 (raspuns la: #26568) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
daniel :=) - de anisia la: 11/11/2004 16:38:39
(la: Ce melodie iubiti acum?)
leonard cohen? da!!!! si eu sunt fan. melodia preferata este "I'm your man!" cuvintele sunt...no comment!

If you want a lover,I'll do anything you ask me to.
And if you want another kind of love, I'll wear a mask for you.
If you want a partner, take my hand
Or if you want to strike me down in anger
here I am, I'm your man.

If you want a boxer, I will step into the ring for you.
And if you want a doctor, I'll examine every inch of you.
If you want a driver, climb inside.
Or if you want to take me for a ride,
you know you kan, I'm your man.

Ah, the moon's to bright.
The chain too tight.
The beast won't go to sleep.
I've been running through these promises to you that I made and could not keep.
But a man never got a woman back, not by begging on his knees.
Or I'd crawl to you baby and I'd fall at your feet.
And I'd hawl at your beauty like a dog in heat.
And I'd claw at your heart,
And I'd tear at your sheet.
I'd say please, please, I'm your man.

And if you've got to sleep a moment on the road,
I will steer for you.
And if you want to work the street alone
I'll disappear for you.
If you want a father for your child,
or only want to walk with me a while across the sand,
I'm your man.
#28444 (raspuns la: #28432) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
"The road not taken", de Robert Frost - de Rvaan la: 16/11/2004 14:12:58
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference"

fefelinelor, ce parere aveti? - de anisia la: 19/11/2004 12:56:03
(la: Trancaneala Aristocrata)
tocmai am primit asta prin email de la un fost coleg care este acum in canada si m-am gandit sa impart cu voi. nu va suparati ca nu o traduc, dar sint puturoasa :)))

Why Men Are Just Happier People -

Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
Chocolate is just another snack.
You can be president.
You can never be pregnant.
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO T-shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom
because this one is just too icky.
You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Same work, more pay.
Wrinkles add character
Wedding dress $5000, Tux rental $100.
People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood -- all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
You know stuff about tanks.
A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
You almost never have strap problems in public.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original color.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
Your belly usually hides your big hips.
One wallet and one pair of shoes one color for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can "do" your nails with a pocketknife.
You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 45 minutes.

No wonder men are happier
ietete...... - de Belle la: 21/01/2005 16:36:25
(la: despre barbati ... fara suparare :))
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.

These are our rules:

Please note... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

Breasts are for looking at and that is why we do it. Don't try to change that

Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

Saturday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be

Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

Crying is blackmail.

Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
JUST SAY IT!

‘Yes’ and ‘No’ are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days

If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done
Not both
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials

Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we

ALL men see in only 16 colours, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We have no idea what mauve is.

If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear

When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine, Really

Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as:
Sex,
Sport, or
Cars

You have enough clothes

You have too many shoes

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the
couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like camping.
Pass this to as many men as you can - to give them a laugh.
Pass this to as many women as you can - to give them an education

~~~~ I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
#34066 (raspuns la: #32745) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
1 aprilie marca tsunami? - de Dinu Lazar la: 22/03/2005 21:16:27
Mie nu imi suna bine chestia asta:

Dear Friends,
I am Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka from Kathmandu, Nepal and I am 22 years old guy. I am student and I am doing my BA in English, Sociology and Anthropology. I am also learning photography but as my first work, I got the job at a local newspaper to shot photo for them and I was sent to take photographs of Andaman and NICO bar islands in India. But it was that I was also hit by the tsunami and I lost my camera and a good friend that help me in all my troubles and problems. I was also injured by that nightmare and have a pierce a nail in my right hand over an elbow, but I was a lucky one that I survive but I feel myself guilty because my friend did not want to go over there but I presser him to go with me. Because of me he lost his life, so I feel that I will never touch the camera and never take any photo in my life but back in home in Nepal. I find a note book of my lost friend in my room that was filled with his word about me and he wanted to me be a famous photographer and film makers. He was an orphan so my mom treats him as her own son so he feels that I was a brother to him, so he wanted me to be a good and famous photographer of Nepal. I did not even get the body of my brother, now I am quite well but as I uplift any heavy things with my right hand it hurt like hell. By time pass physical wound will heal but the wound that I got on my heart never heals. So I thought to start over again my friend dreams. So I have to start from nothing because I have lost my all camera. So I beg you to send me any SLR camera as donations or I will pay you back but only as installments of 100 US$ each installment. I was using Nikon FM 10 with 28-80-2.8 lens. It is best for me if you can send me Nikon FM10 w/35-70mm lens Or 500 US$. I will pay you back I promise you, so please do help me. You can also send me any other books or note books about photography and other cameras that you do not use. It will be very helpful for me, the world is changing a lot with digital camera and I love to get one, if any body have one that you do not use that or you get new one than please do send me that too with its all manual and soft wear for that I will pay you back or as donations.
#40380 (raspuns la: #40314) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Lipsa de informare sau, mai r - de pegaS la: 01/11/2005 10:45:51
(la: Violenta: un "modus vivendi"?)
Lipsa de informare sau, mai rau, dezinformarea sta la baza ideilor preconcepute iar comoditatea le alimenteaza. Ne creem propriile definitii, ne stabilim propriile repere si ne raportam la acestea dupa propriile principii... asta in masura in care ne rezumam la observare. Cand trecem la critica - fie ea pozitiva sau negativa - e de preferat s-o facem in cunostinta de cauza ceea ce nu e si cazul dv.
Acel cineva are o vaga idee vis-a-vis de Hiphop avand in vedere informatia nu tocmai corecta pe care v-a furnizat-o.
Hiphop-ul ESTE o cultura - as spune chiar cu un potential enorm - manipulata, din pacate, de ceea ce numim showbiz. Cele 4 elemente (5, in acceptiuni mai noi) sunt MCing sau Rapping (partea vocala), DJing (tehnica bazata pe scratching, sampling & mixing ce asigura fondul sonor alaturi de compozitii proprii), Graffiti si B-Boying (Breakdance).. cea de-a 5-a ar fi Beatboxing (studiul si aplicarea muzicii facute cu ajutorul partilor corpului).
Originile genului si variile sale aspecte sunt mult prea complexe pt. a le putea expune aici - cei interesati pot arunca o privire la http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping - la fel ca si raspunsul la intrebarea ta. Nu putem vorbi de un raspuns concret - Hiphop-ul este, ca de altfel orice manifestare artistica, o forma de exprimare libera (cu tot ce implica aceasta). Poate fi contra violentei, o poate promova sau poate fi parte neutra. Contrar ideii incetatenite conform careia Hiphop-ul trateaza exclusiv probleme sociale exista destule exemple in care personalul, abstractul, liricul primeaza partea muzicala fiind, de asemenea, in ton cu textul.
Cine are rabdare sa citeasca s-o faca, cine nu sa lase balta subiectul...

"I can recite the grass on the hill and memorize the moon
I know the cloudforms of love by heart
And have brought tears to the eye of a storm
And my memory banks vaults of forests and amazon river banks
And i've screamed them into sunsets that echo in earthquakes
Shadows have been my spotlight
As I monologue the night
And dialogue with days
Soliloquies of wind and breeze applauded by sun rays
We put language in zoos to observe caged thought (...)"
Saul Williams - Wine

"I played connect the dots with your beauty marks
And I ended up with picture perfect sheet music
I read your musical notes with a composer's eyes
And heard out song for the first time
My spine is still tingling, mental images of your fine tune
Is what I've been nodding my head to lately
Every now and then you can catch me humming
Your nudity under my heavy breath
I heavily suggest you resurrect
Your ancient neglected dust collector
If you distrust the distance in my seldom plucked heart strings
Sit stripped before your full length
Perform your reflection backwards
Maybe then you will understand the rhythm in my movement
Listen when the news is sent
Extend when the rules are bent
I'll be waiting to take your leave
Make me a victim of your two step
Make me an apprentice of your body parts
Teach me to dance to your beauty marks
I'm stepping on toes here and I don't care
It's hopeless, it's hopeless
It's hopelessness holding this openess to blow a kiss
So close your lips but don't get pissed
And throw a fist at this vocalist
I'm not emotionless, in fact I broke my wrist
When I wrote the list of all those I miss
This is my poker face, Mister Feel Nothing"
Sage Francis - Hopeless

"(...)There's smoke in my iris
But I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids
So I'm ready now (What you ready for?)
I'm ready for life in this city
And my wings have grown almost enough to lift me
I'm a dinosaur with Jones Beach in my hourglass
Passing the time with serial killer coloringbooks and bags of marbles
Don't tell me you ain't the droid that held the match to the charcoals
Don't tell me Lucifer and God don't carpool
(This is our school)
I'm not trying to graduate to life at the curse on the lounge barstool
Head in a jar on the desk, feet dangling in a shark pool
(Man please) Man please
My name stands for my being
And my being stands for the woman who stood
And braved the storm could raise this evening
(Brother sun, sister moon, mother beautiful)
Yeah middle sibling suitable but far from son of excellence
(...) And I ain't getting any younger
My knuckles wear their bruises well
I've yet to lose that hunger
But only time can tell
Prodigal Son with a prodigal wish to sew that prodigal stitch
And crucify bigot voodoo doll on two popsicle sticks
See your name is Ambiguity
My name is something hands can't hold
But hearts part ocean scapes just to watch the starlet unfold (...)"
Aesop Rock - Battery

Si exemplele pot continua...
#83456 (raspuns la: #79824) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Buna Dimineata - de Pasagerul la: 19/02/2006 07:42:01
If they had a Jewish Mother:
MONA LISA'S JEWISH MOTHER: "This you call a smile, after all the money your father and I spent on braces?"
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS' JEWISH MOTHER: "I don't care what you've
discovered, you still should have written."
MICHELANGELO'S JEWISH MOTHER: "Why can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you know how hard it is to get that schmutz off of the
ceiling?"
NAPOLEON'S JEWISH MOTHER: "All right, if you're not hiding your report
card inside your jacket, take your hand out of there and show me!"
ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S JEWISH MOTHER: "Again with the hat! Why can't you wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"
GEORGE WASHINGTON'S JEWISH MOTHER: "Next time I catch you throwing money across the Potomac, you can kiss your allowance good-bye!"
THOMAS EDISON'S JEWISH MOTHER: "Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb. Now turn it off and go to sleep!"
ALBERT EINSTEIN'S JEWISH MOTHER: "But it's your senior photograph!
Couldn't you have done something with your hair? And that tongue???"
MOSES' JEWISH MOTHER: "That's a good story! Now tell me where you've really been for the last forty years!"
BILL CLINTON'S JEWISH MOTHER: "At least Monica was a nice Jewish
girl..
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
Cary Grant
24:31 - de Cassandra la: 28/02/2006 21:38:54
(la: Caricaturile lui Mahomed)
Trei traduceri in engleza:

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.

___________
I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
#108752 (raspuns la: #108670) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
police humor - de Pasagerul la: 31/03/2006 13:44:29
So you thought police officers didn't have a sense of humor.... The following were taken off of actual police car videos around the country:

#15 "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

#14 "Take your hands off the car, and I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

#13 "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

#12 "Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? In case you didn't know, that is the average speed of a 9 mm bullet fired from my gun."

#11 "So you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

#10 "Yes, Sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh . did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

#9 "Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

#8 "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

#7 "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy, and step in monkey $#*!."

#6 "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

#5 "In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

#4 "Just how big were those two beers?"

#3 "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

#2 "I'm glad to hear the Chief of Police is a good personal friend of yours. At least you know someone who can post your bail."

AND yes, the best one (although, I really like #8)...

#1 "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't... Sign here."

O fi bine in Rai, dar cele mai interesante persoane nu ajung acolo
(Nietzsche)
Buna Dimineata :) - de Pasagerul la: 26/07/2006 06:20:12
A successful rancher died and left everything to his devoted wife.
She was a very good-looking woman and determined to keep the ranch, but knew very little about ranching, so she decided to place an ad in the newspaper for a ranch hand.

Two cowboys applied for the job. One was gay and the other a drunk.

She thought long and hard about it, and when no one else applied she decided to hire the gay guy, figuring it would be safer to have him around the house than the drunk. He proved to be a hard worker who put in long hours every day and knew a lot about ranching.
For weeks, the two of them worked, and the ranch was doing very well.

Then one day, the rancher's widow said to the hired hand, "You have done a really good job, and the ranch looks great. You should go into town and kick up your heels."
The hired hand readily agreed and went into town one Saturday night.
One o'clock came, however, and he didn't return. Two o'clock, and no hired hand.
He returned around two-thirty, and upon entering the room, he found the rancher's widow sitting by the fireplace with a glass of wine, waiting for him.
She quietly called him over to her. "Unbutton my blouse and take it off," she said.
Trembling, he did as she directed.
"Now take off my boots." He did as she asked, ever so slowly.
"Now take off my socks." He removed each gently and placed them neatly by her boots.
"Now take off my skirt." He slowly unbuttoned it, constantly watching her eyes in the firelight.
"Now take off my bra." Again, with trembling hands, he did as he was told and dropped it to the floor.
"Now," she said, "take off my panties." By the light of the fire, he slowly pulled them down and off.
Then she looked at him and said:

"If you ever wear my clothes into town again, you're fired."

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
(Maya Angelou )
zi insorita... - de Pasagerul la: 29/07/2006 10:23:59
(la: TRANCANEALA NEARISTOCRATA - REPRIZA A DOUA)
un sfat util pt zile insorite:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ?9...Wear sunscreen

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years youll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you cant grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked...Youre not as fat as you imagine.

Dont worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing

Dont be reckless with other peoples hearts, dont put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss

Dont waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind...the race is long, and in the end its only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch

Dont feel guilty if you dont know what to do with your life...the most interesting people I know didnt know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still dont.

Get plenty of calcium

Be kind to your knees, youll miss them when theyre gone.

Maybe youll marry, maybe you wont, maybe youll have children, maybe you wont, maybe youll divorce at 40, maybe youll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary...what ever you do, dont congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody elses.

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can...dont be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument youll ever own.

Dance...even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you dont follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

49 second break in speech -- Quindon singing

Get to know your parents, youll never know when theyll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, price will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do youll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Dont expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Dont mess too much with your hair, or by the time its 40, it will look 85.

Be careful who advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen...

Pt cine nu a recunoscut, este vorba de cintecul lui Baz Luhrman
(Maya Angelou )
sunet, imagine, cuvinte... - de irma la: 19/10/2008 12:30:57 Modificat la: 19/10/2008 12:33:31
(la: Sounds)
Too far away from the city
Some kids left on their own
They said we have a communist in the family
I had to wear a mask

Too far away from the city
We had to make this room
Fathers were football players, formal works, policemen
What the mothers did I didn't know

Music tonight
I just want your music tonight

I saw her body organ
She was laughing while pressing the keys
She said my favourite book was dirty and
'You shouldn't shout, you can read.'

Too far away from the city
We never heard its noise
We learned how to stay fit and things like
Green-tones hide the blush

Music tonight
I just want your music tonight
Music tonight
I just want your music tonight

Too far away from the city
We came to breathe clean air
Nature left a safe oasis
And the mothers walked towards the forest

Music tonight
I just want your music tonight
Music tonight
I just want your music tonight

umor australian - de proletaru la: 07/01/2009 12:18:27
(la: Spatiu pentru tavalit de ras)
Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK ).

A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.
_________________________________________________

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? ( USA )

A: Depends how much you've been drinking.
__________________________________________________

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? ( Sweden )

A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.
_________________________________________________

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia ? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane , Cairns ,Townsville and Hervey Bay ? ( UK )

A: What did your last slave die of?
__________________________________________________

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia ? ( USA )

A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe .
Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not... oh forget it.
Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.
__________________________________________________

Q: Which direction is North in Australia ? ( USA )

A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees.
Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.
________________________________________________

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia ? ( UK )

A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.
__________________________________________________

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? ( USA )

A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is .
oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross,
straight after the hippo races. Come naked.
__________________________________________________

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia ? ( UK )

A: You are a British politician, right?
__________________________________________________

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )

A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.
__________________________________________________

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can Dispense rattlesnake serum. ( USA )

A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from.
All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.
_________________________________________________

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia , but I forget its name.
It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. ( USA )

A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.
You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.
__________________________________________________

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth.
Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia ? ( USA )

A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.
_________________________________________________

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the
male population? ( Italy )

A: Yes, gay night clubs.
_________________________________________________

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia ? ( France )

A: Only at Christmas.
_________________________________________________

Q: I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the Girl I dated while I was staying in
Kings Cross*. Can you help? ( USA )

A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour..
_________________________________________________

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? ( USA )

A: Yes, but you'll have to learn it first !
am gasit - de anisia la: 19/02/2009 23:46:35
(la: m-am intors de curand din pipera)
legatura pierduta de brighty, sezanda pe malul marii. privea in zare, fara urma de speranta.
pe cine astepti, fata draga?
ma privii searbad, impersonl. nu cred sa fi avut nici un fel de intentie sa-mi raspunda. dovada ca-si intoarse privirea, spre acelasi punct, ramanand tacuta.
o las in voia ei si plec mai departe in plimbarile mele. uneori tacerea e sfanta.
in casti imi canta cohen,

If you want a lover
Ill do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love
I'll wear a mask for you
If you want a partner
Take my hand
Or if you want to strike me down in anger
Here I stand
Im your man...

cohen, bunul meu cohen... invata-i si pe ei, caci multi pierdura legatura...

#408317 (raspuns la: #407832) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
extra Mao - de om la: 24/03/2009 15:28:02
(la: oameni buni cum adica sa ni se interzica si rasul?)
The top 10 most stupid laws in Britain according to the survey are:

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (27 percent)

2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down (7 percent)

3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (6 percent)

4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day (5 percent)

5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (4 percent)

6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet (4 percent)

7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen (3.5 percent)

8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing (3 percent)

9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armor (3 percent)

10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (2 percent)

Here are some of the most absurd laws in America:

1. In Alabama, it is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

2. In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

3. In Louisiana, it is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

4. In New York, a fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking “at a woman in that way.” A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a “pair of horse-blinders” wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

5. Also, a license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.

7. In Texas, a recently passed anti-crime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

9. In Florida, it is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

10. Also, men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

11. When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.

12. And the most absurd of them all is this Floridan law: Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal!
#420302 (raspuns la: #420245) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului