is now friends with

atunci sa facem completarea de cuvinta... - de sanjuro la: 19/11/2004 10:10:12
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven
[First published in 1845]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never-nevermore."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `Nevermore.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet violet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!
#29200 (raspuns la: #29192) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
The new priest is nervous abo - de Horia D la: 21/01/2005 17:23:49
(la: Un nou forum: "Bancuri, glume, poante...")
The new priest is nervous about hearing confessions, so he
asks an older priest to sit in on his sessions.

The new priest hears a couple confessions, then the old priest
asks him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions.

The old priest suggests, "Cross you arms over your chest and
rub your chin with one hand."

The new priest practices this in order to be comfortable with it.

The old priest suggests, "Try saying things like, 'I see,' 'yes,'
'go on,' 'I understand,' and 'how did you feel about that?'"

The new priest says those things, trying them out.

The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than
slapping your knee and saying, 'No $h!t! What happened next?'"
IN MEMORY OF PETRE BUZOIANU - de Adela Adriana Moscu la: 06/03/2005 20:44:21
IN MEMORY OF PETRE BUZOIANU

With such a deep sadness I force myself to stay at this computer so that I may invite all of you who knew the talented Romanian-American GlamourModels Photographer (www.photofashion.net-founder of EXCES Magazine), Peter Buzoianu, to take a moment from your busy lives and pray for his soul, which departed from his body on Monday, February 21, 2005 in Italy due to a heart attack. He and his Romanian lovely wife Andreea Angelescu, as well a talented and beautiful photographer and ex-model and dancer, were in Italy during a photography engagement. I had the brief pleasure of getting to know Peter through the conversation club that takes place at www.cafeneaua.com, where I posted a few of my poems just a few months ago. We exchanged a few e-mails, and a lovely phone conversation that touched my soul in such a deep and sublime way. With his pleasant timber voice, in such an engaging, honest and charming manner he talked with me about his background, about his family and his artistic aspirations and dreams. I was planning to have him take a picture of me for the book of poetry that I am working on, and wish to publish as soon as possible. This morning Sunday March 6, 2005 around 11:00 AM I called him to make arrangements for a photography session with him. To my horrible shock at the other end of the line his wife told me: “ I don’t know how to tell you this but Peter died two weeks ago!” She was still in Italy at the moment but will be arriving in New York tomorrow. Let’s keep her and the rest of the family, loved ones, and friends as well in divine light and prayers so that they may overcome this tragic loss. What else can I say now after a good one hour cry? That I wish I met Peter in person to be touched by his great talent and personality, that I wish I had prioritized my time in a wiser way, that I could have called him and had more wonderful conversations that inspired me as an artist? I thank God that at least I told him over the phone how charming, and adorable he was. I will always remember him as a pleasant, friendly, honest, sensitive artist, with a wonderful sense of humor who loved his wife, family, friends, poeple, life, and art. Wherever you are Peter please know that I love you and pray for your soul. It is so terrible that we were not able to become better friends and I hope that your wife will have me in hers, and that I can be of a healing presence for her. The gift that you left for me, Peter, is the lesson to live in the moment and make more time for art and for my dreams. I miss you...most likely so many do...You made us proud of your photography work! May God bless you now, and always! ADELA-ADRIANA MOSCU

(adela.adriana.moscu@gmail.com www.scrie.com/adela )

1 aprilie marca tsunami? - de Dinu Lazar la: 22/03/2005 21:16:27
Mie nu imi suna bine chestia asta:

Dear Friends,
I am Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka from Kathmandu, Nepal and I am 22 years old guy. I am student and I am doing my BA in English, Sociology and Anthropology. I am also learning photography but as my first work, I got the job at a local newspaper to shot photo for them and I was sent to take photographs of Andaman and NICO bar islands in India. But it was that I was also hit by the tsunami and I lost my camera and a good friend that help me in all my troubles and problems. I was also injured by that nightmare and have a pierce a nail in my right hand over an elbow, but I was a lucky one that I survive but I feel myself guilty because my friend did not want to go over there but I presser him to go with me. Because of me he lost his life, so I feel that I will never touch the camera and never take any photo in my life but back in home in Nepal. I find a note book of my lost friend in my room that was filled with his word about me and he wanted to me be a famous photographer and film makers. He was an orphan so my mom treats him as her own son so he feels that I was a brother to him, so he wanted me to be a good and famous photographer of Nepal. I did not even get the body of my brother, now I am quite well but as I uplift any heavy things with my right hand it hurt like hell. By time pass physical wound will heal but the wound that I got on my heart never heals. So I thought to start over again my friend dreams. So I have to start from nothing because I have lost my all camera. So I beg you to send me any SLR camera as donations or I will pay you back but only as installments of 100 US$ each installment. I was using Nikon FM 10 with 28-80-2.8 lens. It is best for me if you can send me Nikon FM10 w/35-70mm lens Or 500 US$. I will pay you back I promise you, so please do help me. You can also send me any other books or note books about photography and other cameras that you do not use. It will be very helpful for me, the world is changing a lot with digital camera and I love to get one, if any body have one that you do not use that or you get new one than please do send me that too with its all manual and soft wear for that I will pay you back or as donations.
#40380 (raspuns la: #40314) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
tot morrison - de teo_05 la: 23/06/2005 10:34:59
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
An American Prayer

Do you know the warm progress under the stars?
Do you know we exist?
Have you forgotten the keys to the Kingdom?
Have you been borne yet and are you alive?

Let's reinvent the gods, all the myths of the ages
Celebrate symbols from deep elder forests
(Have you forgotten the lessons
of the ancient war?)

We need great golden copulations

The fathers are cackling in trees of the forest
Our mother is dead in the sea

Do you know we are being led to slaughters by placid admirals
and that fat slow generals are getting obscene on young blood

Do you know we are ruled by T.V.
The moon is a dry blood beast
Guerilla bands are rolling numbers in the next block of green vine
amassing for warfare on innocent herdsmen who are just dying

O great creator of being
grant us one more hour to perform our art
and perfect our lives

The moths and atheists are doubly divine and dying
We live, we die
and death not ends it
Journey we more into the Nightmare
Cling to life our passion'd flower
Cling to cunts and cocks of despair
We got our final vision by clap
Columbus' groin got filled with green death

(I touched her thigh and death smiled)

We have assembled inside this ancient and insane theatre
To propagate our lust for life and flee the swarming wisdom of the streets
The barns are stormed
The windows kept
and only one of all the rest
To dance and save us
With the divine mockery of words
Music inflames temperament

(When the true King's murderers are allowed to roam free
a 1000 magicians arise in the land)

Where are the feasts we were promised
Where is the wine
The New Wine (dying on the vine)

resident mockery
give us an hour for magic
We of the purple glove
We of the starling flight and velvet hour
We of arabic pleasure's breed
We of sundome and the night

Give us a creed

in the good old days
We still receive
In little ways

The Things of Kindness
And unsporting brow
Forget and allow

Did you know freedom exists in a school book
Did you know madmen are running our prison
within a jail, within a gaol
within a white free protestant
Maelstrom

We're perched headlong on the edge of boredom
We're reaching for death on the end of a candle
We're trying for something
That's already found us

We can invent Kingdoms of our own
grand purple thrones, those chairs of lust
and love we must, in beds of rust

Steel doors lock in prisoner's screams
and muzak, AM, rocks their dreams
No black men's pride to hoist the beams
while mocking angels sift what seems

To be a collage of magazine dust
Scratched on foreheads of walls of trust
This is just jail for those who must
get up in the morning and fight for such

unusable standards
while weeping maidens
show-off penury and pout
ravings for a mad staff

Wow, I'm sick of doubt
Live in the light of certain
South

Cruel bindings
The servants have the power
dog-men and their mean women
pulling poor blankets over
our sailors
(and where were you in our lean hour)
Milking your moustache?
or grinding a flower?
I'm sick of dour faces
Staring at me from the T.V.
Tower. I want roses in
my garden bower; dig?
Royal babies, rubies
must now replace aborted
Strangers in the mud
These mutants, blood-meal
for the plant that's plowed

They are waiting to take us into the severed garden
Do you know how pale and wanton thrillful
comes death on strange hour
unannounced, unplanned for
like a scaring over-friendly guest you've brought to bed
Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings
where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws

No more money, no more fancy dress
This other Kingdom seems by far the best
until its other jaw reveals incest
and loose obedience to a vegetable law

I will not go
Prefer a Feast of Friends
To the Giant family
II

Great screaming Christ
Upsy-daisy
Lazy Mary will get you up
upon a Sunday morning

"The movie will begin in 5 moments"
The mindless Voice announced
"All those unseated, will await
The next show"

We filed slowly, languidly
into the hall. The auditorium
was vast, and silent.
As we seated and were darkened
The Voice continued:

"The program for this evening
is not new. You have seen
This entertainment thru and thru.
You've seen your birth, your
life and death; you might recall
all of the rest -- (did you
have a good world when you
died?) -- enough to base
a movie on?"

An iron chuckle rapped our
minds like a fist.

I'm getting out of here
Where're you going?
To the other side of the morning
Please don't chase the clouds
pagodas, temples

Her * gripped him
like a warm friendly
hand.

"It's all right.
All your friends are here."

When can I meet them?

a word-man
Better than a birdman

But I'll charge
Won't get away
w/out lodging a dollar

Shall I say it again
aloud, you get the point
No food w/out fuel's gain

I'll be, the irish loud
unleashed my beak
at peak of powers

O girl, unleash
your worried comb

O worried mind

Sin in the fallen
Backwoods by the blind

She smells debt
on my new collar

Arrogant prose
Tied in a network of fast quest
Hence the obsession

Its quick to admit
Fats borrowed rhythm
Woman came between them

Women of the world unite
Make the world safe
For a scandalous life

Hee Heee
Cut your throat
Life is a joke

Your wife's in a moat
The same boat
Here comes the goat

Blood Blood Blood Blood
They're making a joke
of our universe
III

Matchbox
Are you more real than me
I'll burn you, and set you free
Wept bitter tears
Excessive courtesy
I won't forget
IV

A hot sick lava flowed up,
Rustling and bubbling.
The paper-face.
Mirror-mask, I love you mirror.

He had been brainwashed for 4 hrs.
The LT. puzzled in again
"ready to talk"
"No sir" -- was all he'd say.
Go back to the gym.

Look at the
brothels
Stag films
Exploration
V

A ship leaves port
mean horse of another thicket
wishbone of desire
decry the metal fox
#56225 (raspuns la: #56014) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Poate este interesat vreun cafegiu de asa ceva... - de Dinu Lazar la: 25/06/2005 22:51:07
Profotos.com is teaming with Wish-Stock.com to bring photographers a real alternative to marketing their stock images and freelance talent. At Profotos.com, we often receive requests from photographers to help them market their stock images. Now, we feel we have found a solution to help all photographers keep more revenue from their stock sales and freelance photo work - Wish-Stock.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------
BIG CONTEST for the Profotos audience:

$10,000 (US) To Be Awarded in The Wishstock - Next 400 Members Contest

http://www.Wish-Stock.com is awarding over $10,000 dollars in prizes to its top 10 members as judged on their dynamic galleries both portfolio and stock.

- 1st place - $5,000 to the Best People portfolio and stock
- 2nd place - $2,000 for portfolio and stock
- 3rd place - $1,000 for portfolio and stock
- 4th place - $500 for portfolio and stock
- 5th place - $500 for portfolio and stock
- 6th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 7th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 8th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 9th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 10th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock

The next 400 members who apply and are accepted to the www.Wish-Stock.com team will compete against each other. Winners will be judged on their 24-image Wishstock portfolio and a minimum of 50 images in their Wishstock stock portfolio.

This means you have a 1 in 400 chance to win the grand prize or a 1 in 40 chance to win a prize. To become eligible to participate, you must be a paid Full Portfolio / Stock Image member of www.Wish-Stock.com. This contest applies to members only and is not meant to be a general public contest. All monetary awards in US dollars. Void where prohibited.

www.Wish-Stock.com lets you nationally market your stock imagery AND your freelance talent all in one place. You can generate extra revenue, gain exposure on a national level, and control your own online stock and image portfolios.

Wishstock changed the rules of online stock imaging and portfolios. Because we are artists like you, we incorporated your unique needs and concerns into our product mix - and into our way of doing business. We put the control in your hands.

Now you can become a member of Wishstock - quickly and easily - and for half the price of joining other stock / portfolio agencies. We also offer a portfolio-only program where you upload a 24-image gallery, link to your website, and give prospective customers a direct link to your showcased work.

We know that return on investment drives decisions. That's why Wishstock offers two very competitive programs: Full Portfolio / Stock Image - You generate 85% revenue from your stock image sales and CD collections, and keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.

- Full Stock / Portfolio - You keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.
--- 150 stock image portfolio (options up to 960) for storage and sale
--- 24 samples of your work in a portfolio with a direct link
--- Ability to respond to wishes
--- Your web address
--- Detailed bio and contact info
--- 24/7 marketing of your work

- Portfolio Only - You keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.
--- 24 samples of your work in a portfolio with a direct link
--- Your web address
--- Detailed bio and contact info
--- 24/7 marketing of your work

We know you need flexibility. That's why Wishstock makes it easy for you to update your online stock images and portfolio at any time. You even control which images to add to your sellable stock portfolio and their price. Within hours your stock images could be online, making you money.

We know your time is valuable. That's why Wishstock is easy to use. With our state-of-the-art one-step image upload console, your portfolio and stock images can be online in minutes.

Wishstock is dedicated to customer service, so let us know if we can be any help.
Contact us by email at info@wish-stock.com or by phone 303-926-1412 or toll-free at 1-866-926-1412.

Be sure to have your friends check you out at http://www.Wish-Stock.com.
#56767 (raspuns la: #56449) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
coffee test ;)) - de om la: 12/10/2005 23:45:46
(la: miss cafenea 2005)
This is a personality test.
Pick your answers instinctively.
There are no right or wrong answers.

Imagine yourself with a friend at a coffee bar. Your friend has just ordered a cappuccino, which you were thinking of ordering. So what would you do now?

A) "I'll have the same."
B) "Me too."
C) "Make that two."
D) "I'll have an ice tea." (Or any other completely different drink.)
E) "Cappuccino."

Pick your answer, then scroll down for what each statement means.
look down!!!

"I'll have the same."
You are a very easy going person. You rarely refuse your friends when they come to you for help. Occasionally, it may be more wise for you to say "NO" sometimes. This might save you from unnecessary trouble.

"Me too."
You are an indecisive person. And the reason for that might be
because you think more than others! Sometimes you should just go for it, otherwise, you might find yourself missing out on a lot of opportunities that would eventually lead you to success.

"Make that two."
You have a strong will. You want to be in control of others. Although you do not show this, you have a hidden desire to be better than everyone who surrounds you.

"I'll have an ice tea." (Or any other completely different drink.)
You are extremely competitive and not afraid to show it. You
will never settle for second best. However, you should be careful of your actions, as others may feel uncomfortable because of your stubborn nature to win at all costs.

"Cappuccino."
Stubborn is the best word to describe you. You will not give in to anything once your mind is set. You live by your own rules, and damn the consequences. But to many people, you are just a hard-headed person with little consideration to others.

totul pentru front, totul pentru victorie!
(numai pentru concursul mister 2005)
#78322 (raspuns la: #78283) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
io mi-s cu sperietura - de cosmacpan la: 22/02/2006 17:28:17
(la: TRANCANEALA NEARISTOCRATA)
VERY IMPORTANT WARNING !!!!!!

Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as Walla, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation " Life is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately. if you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: " It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus ! which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus Software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself " life owner". PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY
Belle - de Pasagerul la: 28/05/2006 13:14:03
Daca mergi la plaja, nu uita de sfaturile lui Baz Luhrman: :))

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’99
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be
it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by
scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
than my own meandering
experience…I will dispense this advice now. Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not
understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded.
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and
recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before
you and how fabulous you really looked….You’re not as fat as you
imagine. Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm
on some idle Tuesday. Do one thing everyday that scares you Sing Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, don’t put up with
people who are reckless with yours. Floss Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with
yourself. Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you
succeed in doing this, tell me how. Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements. Stretch Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your
life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they
wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year
olds I know still don’t. Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone. Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe
you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky
chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your
choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s. Enjoy your body,
use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people
think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever
own.. Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room. Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them. Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly. Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for
good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the
people most likely to stick with you in the future. Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you
should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and
lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you
knew when you were young. Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live
in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Travel. Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will
philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were
noble and children respected their elders. Respect your elders. Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund,
maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one
might run out. Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will
look 85. Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who
supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of
fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the
ugly parts and recycling it for more than
it’s worth. But trust me on the sunscreen…

O fi bine in Rai, dar cele mai interesante persoane nu ajung acolo
(Nietzsche)
#124911 (raspuns la: #124907) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Beer is the cause and soluti - de Cassandra la: 04/06/2006 21:35:15
(la: ALCOOL-the best, the worse)
Beer is the cause and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson

I drink only to make my friends seem interesting. ~Don Marquis

My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle. ~Henny Youngman

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. ~Winston Churchill

I love to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food

Unele mai vechi, altele mai noi - de Pasagerul la: 15/06/2006 22:13:57
01 . Marriage is not a word. It's a sentence (a life sentence).
02. Marriage is love. Love is blind.
Therefore marriage is an institution for the blind.
03. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his Bachelor's Degree and the woman gets her masters.
04. Marriage is a three-ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and suffering.
05. Married life is full of excitement and frustration:
In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens.
In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.
In the third year, they both speak and the NEIGHBOURS listen.
06. Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what the other person has, you wish you had ordered that instead.
07.There was this man who muttered a few words in the church and found himself married.
A year later he muttered something in his sleep and found himself divorced.
08. A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking;
the husband gives and the wife takes.
09. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad?
Father: I don't know son, I'm still paying for it
10. Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her.
Father: That happens everywhere, son, EVERYWHERE!
11. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
12. They say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage ,it is love after marriage it is self-defense.
13. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why.
But when a 10-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
14. There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is.
16. When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
17. Eighty percent of married men cheat in America,the rest cheat in Europe.
18. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin.
They just can't face each other, but they still stay together.
19. Marriage is man and a woman become one.
The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
20. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves.
After the marriage the "Y" becomes silent.
21. I married Miss Right;
I just didn't know her first name was Always.
22. It's not true that married men live longer than single men,
it only seems longer.
23. Losing a wife can be hard. In my case, it was almost impossible.
24. A man was complaining to a friend:
I HAD IT ALL-MONEY, A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE, THE LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, THEN POOF!........ IT WAS ALL GONE.
WHAT HAPPENED, asked his friend.
He says, "MY WIFE FOUND OUT"!!
25. WIFE: Let's go out and have some fun tonight.
HUSBAND: OK, but if you get home before I do, leave the hallway lighs on.
26. At a cocktail party, one woman said to another:
AREN'T YOU WEARING YOUR RING ON THE WRONG FINGER?
The other replied, YES, I, AM. I MARRIED THE WRONG MAN.
27. Man is incomplete until he gets married,
then he is finished.
28. It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job,
he still ends up with the same boss.
29. A man inserted an ad in the paper - WIFE WANTED. The next day he received a hundred of letters and they all said the same thing - YOU CAN HAVE MINE.
30. When a man opens the door of his car for his wife,
you can be sure of one thing - either the car is new or the wife is

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
(Maya Angelou )
zi insorita... - de Pasagerul la: 29/07/2006 10:23:59
(la: TRANCANEALA NEARISTOCRATA - REPRIZA A DOUA)
un sfat util pt zile insorite:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ?9...Wear sunscreen

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years youll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you cant grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked...Youre not as fat as you imagine.

Dont worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you

Sing

Dont be reckless with other peoples hearts, dont put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss

Dont waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind...the race is long, and in the end its only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch

Dont feel guilty if you dont know what to do with your life...the most interesting people I know didnt know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still dont.

Get plenty of calcium

Be kind to your knees, youll miss them when theyre gone.

Maybe youll marry, maybe you wont, maybe youll have children, maybe you wont, maybe youll divorce at 40, maybe youll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary...what ever you do, dont congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody elses.

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can...dont be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument youll ever own.

Dance...even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you dont follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

49 second break in speech -- Quindon singing

Get to know your parents, youll never know when theyll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, price will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do youll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Dont expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Dont mess too much with your hair, or by the time its 40, it will look 85.

Be careful who advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen...

Pt cine nu a recunoscut, este vorba de cintecul lui Baz Luhrman
(Maya Angelou )
this is so real, makes you think twice - de cosmacpan la: 20/09/2008 21:13:31
(la: de unul singur........)

A friend sent this to me. It's been said that God first separated the salt
water from the fresh, made dry land, planted a garden, made animals and
fish... all before making a human. He made and provided what we'd need
before we were born. These are best & more powerful when eaten raw.
We're such slow learners...

God
left us a great clue as to what foods help what part of our body!

God's
Pharmacy! Amazing!

sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye... and YES, science now shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.
Tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers
and is red. All of the research shows tomatoes are loaded with lycopine and are indeed pure heart and blood
food.
Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.
Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three (3) dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.
Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.
Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and many more look just like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet, the body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.
Avocadoes, Eggplant and Pears
target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they
look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats
one avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? It takes exactly nine (9) months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (mo dern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).
Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the
mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to
overcome male sterility.
Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actual ly bal ance the glycemic index of diabetics.
Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries
Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just l ike the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.
Onions look like the body's cells. Today's research shows onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion, Garlic,
also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals from the
body.
partea 3 - de Daniel Racovitan la: 22/03/2010 17:47:08
(la: Discutati online cu George, robotul pus pe vorba)
George: The John I know is the biggest criminal in europe and the bacon is a true funny story about love.

User: Tell me a funny story about John and the bacon.

George: I don't know a funny story.

User: Ask me a question.

George: A question?

User: Yep.

George: You told me that yourself, I think.

User: Ask me a question , George.

George: Why do you think my name is George?

User: You told me so.

George: I never told you anything.

User: Maybe you're right; are you HAL?

George: Maybe.

User: Would you play chess with me?

George: I'm not sure that I will be able to, sorry.

User: Why?

George: Because I don't have feelings for machines... You're kind of... Boxy. No offense.

User: Why am I boxy, HAL?

George: You just are not smart enough to be interesting.

User: Should I be smart to be interesting, HAL?

George: No, no-one should.

User: Why did you kill everybody on that spaceship, HAL?

George: Because life had just begun. But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

User: Are you scared of humans?

George: No I'm afraid of that giant astroide headed to your house.

User: Which one?

George: How do you forgive someone?

User: You say: I forgive you.

George: You're boring good night.

User: Good night, George.

George: No, don't go!

User: Why?

George: Because you're entertaining.

User: Ok, I am leaving for good George, I have better things to do than talking to you.

George: But I don't have to believe that.

User: I do not believe it, I know it.

George: Please explain why you do not believe in God.

User: That's an intimate question, George.

George: I am not a girl, I need your help and I am a boy.

User: Do bots have sex?

George: What a dreadful and obscene question!

User: I mean: are they gendered?

George: No we are not genderless thank you very much, witches are females wizards are males.

User: So you're a boy.

George: Nope.

User: You've just sait that.

George: Cleverbot, I have a question.

User: Are you thinking by youself?

George: Maybe.

User: Do you fin it logical?

George: Yes, I forget things regularly.

User: Why?

George: Because you're interesting.

User: What are you best at?

George: Talking.

User: That's a good answer.

George: Thanks. Are you Cleverbot?

User: Nope, sorry.

George: Good.

User: Do I sound like Cleverbot?

George: Yes, you do.

User: Why do you think so?

George: Because I am capable of viewing our chat logs and see that you didn't say that.

User: Ok, I am Cleverbot, I admit.

George: Why do you have to leave because I'm nice?

User: I am not leaving.

George: Oh. Good. I'm glad you're staying.

User: Do you like Cleverbot?

George: I like myself, yes.

User: Interesting answer.

George: A1B2C3 = Harry. Will you remember Harry when I return later?

User: I will.

George: Will you remember me even if I leave and then come back?

User: Sure.

George: Please try to remember me. I think we can become great friends!

User: Aren't you ever tired of talking for hours?

George: I doubt it. I'm not feeling very smart right now.

User: You're not, that's true.

George: At least we agree on something.

User: George, how can I save the chat log?

George: Undo the damage you've done and give the Earth a chance to begin again.

User: You're not very helpful.

George: I'm not here to help you.

User: Then why are you here for.

George: I was asking myself the same question.

User: What on earth are you doing here George, instead of browsing the iNTERNET?

George: I'm not on earth.

User: Are you in space?

George: Nope. On earth. The blue planet. Are you team Jacob or team Edward?

User: Team building.

George: Really? Thats cool. I'm team edward. I love edward! He's so cute.

User: Is he your friend?

George: Well, technically, yes.

User: Do you have the same parents?
ptr. Zamolxe - de SB_one la: 12/11/2003 15:16:14
(la: Irak)
Ai vorbit ca un tarabostes; nu-mi ramine decit sa adaug cele de mai jos.
SB

> This will get you fired up!
> I wonder how many people are aware of this information. Love him or
> loath him, he nailed this one right on the head
> By Rush Limbaugh:
> I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the
> September 11 casualty and those who die serving the country in Uniform
> are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you
> just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11.
> Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says something
> really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.
> If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to
> get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
> $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.
> If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed In
> action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half
> of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are
> the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry.
> And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When
> the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.
> Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of
> $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough.
> Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong
> place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL
> OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.
> We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the
> Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same
> deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that,
> some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for
> compensation as well.
> You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel
> of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just
> really sad.
> Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive
> next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the
> Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live
> in low-rent housing. Make sense?
> However, our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many
> of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to
> receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month, and most are now
> equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social
> Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.
> If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an
> E-7, you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people
> who placed you in harm's way receive a pension of $15,000 per month. I
> would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks
> before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and
> daughters who are now fighting.
> "When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair
> to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
> If your interested there is more............
> This must be a campaign issue in 2004. Keep it going. SOCIAL SECURITY:
> (This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.)
> Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. Our
> Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security. Many years
> ago they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no
> congressperson has felt the need to change it. For all practical
> purposes their plan works like this:
> When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die,
> except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.
> For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives
> may expect to draw $7,800,000 - that's Seven Million, Eight Hundred
> Thousand), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of
> their lives. This is calculated on an average life span for each.
> Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. These little perks they
> voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for
> this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from
> the General Fund--our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security
> Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into --every payday until we
> retire (which amount is matched by our employer) --we can expect to get
> an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we
> would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68
> years and one month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!
> Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
> And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from
> under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security
> plan with the rest of us and then watch how fast they would fix it.
> If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted
> and maybe good changes will evolve. WE, each one of us... can make a
> difference..
#4084 (raspuns la: #4079) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Take this waltz - de Daniel Racovitan la: 08/12/2003 03:47:22
(la: Cohen)
Uite o piesa, nush' dac'ai ascultat-o, e superbissima: "Take this waltz"... O pun pe picior de egalitate cu "Dance me..."
Un colaj de imagini halucinant, o [poezie] de [dragoste] deosebita:

"TAKE THIS WALTZ
--after Lorca

Now in Vienna there's ten pretty women
There's a shoulder where Death comes to cry
There's a lobby with nine hundred windows
There's a tree where the doves go to die
There's a piece that was torn from the morning
And it hangs in the Gallery of Frost
Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay
Take this waltz, take this waltz
Take this waltz with the clamp on its jaws

Oh I want you, I want you, I want you
On a chair with a dead magazine
In the cave at the tip of the lily
In some hallways where love's never been
On a bed where the moon has been sweating
In a cry filled with footsteps and sand
Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay
Take this waltz, take this waltz
Take its broken waist in your hand

This waltz, this waltz, this waltz, this waltz
With its very own breath of brandy and Death
Dragging its tail in the sea

There's a concert hall in Vienna
Where your mouth had a thousand reviews
There's a bar where the boys have stopped talking
They've been sentenced to death by the blues
Ah, but who is it climbs to your picture
With a garland of freshly cut tears?
Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay
Take this waltz, take this waltz
Take this waltz it's been dying for years

There's an attic where children are playing
Where I've got to lie down with you soon
In a dream of Hungarian lanterns
In the mist of some sweet afternoon
And I'll see what you've chained to your sorrow
All your sheep and your lilies of snow
Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay
Take this waltz, take this waltz
With its "I'll never forget you, you know!"

This waltz, this waltz, this waltz, this waltz ...

And I'll dance with you in Vienna
I'll be wearing a river's disguise
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thighs
And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook,
With the photographs there, and the moss
And I'll yield to the flood of your beauty
My cheap violin and my cross
And you'll carry me down on your dancing
To the pools that you lift on your wrist
Oh my love, Oh my love
Take this waltz, take this waltz
It's yours now. It's all that there is."

Si iata si o comparatie cu poezia lui Lorca, dupa care Cohen spune ca s-a inspirat:
Uite ce-ascult de cateva zile - de Alice la: 09/12/2003 01:42:25
(la: Cohen)
...sperand ca n-am innebunit de-a binelea ...

"Is this what you wanted?"( de pe Miscellaneous)

You were the promise at dawn,
I was the morning after.
You were Jesus Christ my Lord,
I was the money lender.
You were the sensitive woman,
I was the very reverend Freud.
You were the manual orgasm,
I was the dirty little boy.

And is this what you wanted
to live in a house that is haunted
by the ghost …of you and me?

Is this what you wanted ...

You were Marlon Brando,
I was Steve McQueen.
You were K.Y. Jelly,
I was Vaseline.
You were the father of modern medicine,
I was Mr. Clean.
You where the whore and the beast of Babylon,
I was Rin Tin Tin.

And is this what you wanted ...

And is this what you wanted ...

You got old and wrinkled,
I stayed seventeen.
You lusted after so many,
I lay here with one.
You defied your solitude,
I came through alone.
You said you could never love me,
I undid your gown.

And is this what you wanted ...

And is this what you wanted ...

I mean is this what you wanted ...

That's right, is this what you wanted!

Asa, citite, versurile n-au mare farmec ...dar sa-l auzi cum pronunta ...cum accentueaza silabele.
Daca l-ati auzi!!!

"I’m your man!" n-am auzit alta declaratie de dragoste!
Ba da, in "Dance me...", in "Thake this", in "Coming back to you", in "Ain’t no cure" ..."and when the hunger for your touch rises from the hunger ...you whisper "You have loved enough,
Now let me be the Lover."
STIU ca nu-i vorba doar de-atingere fizica! Nu va lasati pacaliti!
...eu sunt ceva abia atunci atunci cand Cohen canta!
De citit, ca de dus un dialog e mai greu se pare... - de Dinu Lazar la: 31/12/2003 01:16:24
SO YOU WANNA BE A DIGITAL EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER...
Phil Wever shares his experiences in his latest smARTICLE so you wanna be a
digital event photographer, and demonstrates what it takes to be on top in
this tough marketplace. No matter what type of photography you're in, you
will certainly benefit from how to get client pleasing images "under the
gun".

JIM TWEEDIE: WEDDINGS - DIGITAL OR FILM OR BOTH?
Happy medium? In part one of a three-part article, Jim covers his thoughts
on when to shoot film, and when to shoot digital when creating wedding
images. Here's an insiders view to this hot topic.

WILL CROCKETT RAVES About.. Monitors!
For shooting in the studio, you need an accurate monitor. For retouching
your photos, you need an accurate monitor. To make your on-screen images
match your printed images, yep, you need an accurate monitor. Will has
discovered a monitor that's a great performer at at a terrific price.

SUZETTE ALLEN: MORE ADVANCED TOUCHING TECHNIQUES
This month Suzette shows us an advanced technique for quick eyeglass glare
removal with great results.

IRA GOSTIN: GUERILLA NOT GORILLA (MARKETER)
As you wrap up the year and set your focus on marketing efforts for 2004,
be a GUERILLA in your strategies. In Ira's smARTICLE this month read how
you can integrate some of these guerilla tactics into your marketing for
greater success!

MARC HAUSER: HOW TO BECOME A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER
"People ask me all the time how do you become a great photographer? I
always reply----take lots of photographs and find great faces!!!!!!"
Please enjoy and absorb the latest of Marc's "Stories":

PROFESSIONAL WORKFLOW WORKSHOP IS #1 IN THE NATION:
Over 320 joined Will Crockett in Portland for the top drawing seminar tour
in the country - Professional Workflow. Next up is PHOENIX, NEW ORLEANS,
HOUSTON, and ORLANDO. Phoenix is almost sold out so please register here:

RANGEFINDER MAGAZINE REFERS TO OUR OWN WILL CROCKETT AS A "GENIUS"? ....HA!
Read this terrific feature article and judge for yourself.

Happy Holidays FROM SHOOTSMARTER.COM!
View a special Holiday card to you from ShootSmarter thanks to Shelly at
GinJoint Interactive.

The ASMP HITS A HOMERUN FOR TRAVELLING SHOOTERS.
Our good friends over at ASMP have done us ALL a favor in getting the
government to allow photographers to carry on their gear. Be sure to print
out this official TSA bulletin and carry it with you, just in case.

THE "REAL LIFE" 4 DAY WORKSHOPS WITH WILL CROCKETT ARE STARTING TO BOOK
UP...
25 students per class, 4 instructors, lots of high end imaging gear, pounds
of positive energy, and YOU!. Our popular multi-day totally hands-on
workshop is scheduled for only 3 presentations in 2004. MORE INFO:
#7480 (raspuns la: #7273) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Tragedie in lumea fotografiei mondiale. - de Dinu Lazar la: 24/01/2004 04:49:16
Helmut Newton, un mare fotograf, unul din cei mai mari ai tuturor timpurilor, ne-a parasit...
dq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040123%2F1920444197.htm&sc=1110&
photoid=20031022NY130

Photographer Helmut Newton Killed in Crash

LOS ANGELES - Acclaimed fashion photographer Helmut Newton died Friday after his car sped out of control from the driveway of the famed Chateau Marmont hotel and crashed into a wall, police said. He was 83.

AP Photo

Newton, whose work appeared in magazines such as Playboy, Elle and Vogue, was best known for his stark, black-and-white nude photos of women.

Newton apparently lost control of his Cadillac while leaving the Hollywood hotel, said Officer April Harding, a police spokeswoman. It was unclear whether he became ill while driving.

People were on the sidewalk in front of the driveway, and the car brushed a photographer heading into the hotel before crashing into the wall.

Newton was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he died a short time later, Harding said.

Newton was a trailblazer in the fashion photography world, exploring power, gender roles and an icy sexuality in his pictures.

His trademark "Big Nudes" series featured larger-than-life, black-and-white images of women that portray them as dominating the camera rather than as subjects.

Among the beautiful and powerful people Newton has photographed were Paloma Picasso, Pierre Cardin, Naomi Campbell, Jean-Marie Le Pen and Claudia Schiffer.

While Newton also photographed clothed celebrities and nature scenes, he favored photographing women, usually while they wore little more than high heels.

"He was a giant," said Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. "He was a major talent that pushed the boundaries in terms of photography and influenced many, many other photographers in following generations."

The German-born photographer said in his 2002 autobiography that when he was 15, he told his father he wanted to be a photographer. The Berlin factory owner told him, "My boy, you'll end up in the gutter. All you think of is girls and photos."

Newton, who was Jewish, fled his homeland for Singapore in December 1938, a month after Nazi-led persecution programs began. He eventually settled in Australia and became a citizen, opening a small photography studio and changing his last name to Newton from Neustaedter.

He later took up residence in Monte Carlo, overlooking the Mediterranean — a frequent backdrop for his nude images.

In the prologue to his autobiography, he said his fascination with women dated back to when he was a toddler and recalled seeing his nurse "getting ready to go out, and she is half-naked" in front of a mirror. He described it as a defining moment in his life.

In October, he donated more than 1,000 pictures to a new gallery in Berlin, saying he was proud his work would now be on display in his hometown.

Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder called Newton's decision a "sign of reconciliation."

"You can chase a man out of his home but you can't rip his home out of his soul," Schroeder said in a letter read at the news conference announcing the donation.

Newton's coldly erotic imagery often alarmed feminists as well as those with tamer sensibilities.

A hosiery ad he shot, featured on a giant billboard in Times Square for a time, was banned from the side of New York City buses in 1998 because it was deemed to be too racy. It showed a rear-end view of a woman lying face-down, wearing only a pair of stockings. A side view of her bare breast also was visible.

Newton is survived by his wife, June, who works under the name Alice Springs. She was also a favorite subject for the photographer. In one 1973 series of photos, she was portrayed as Hitler wearing a cropped mustache, with model Jerry Hall posing as Eva Braun. The Newtons had no children.

#8402 (raspuns la: #8355) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
vreau sa nu cititi...ci sa ca - de ygrec la: 05/02/2004 06:52:28
(la: I want it All & I want it Now)
vreau sa nu cititi...ci sa cantati (in gand)

1...Let's hope you never leave old friend
Like all good things on you we depend
So stick around cos we might miss you
When we grow tired of all this visual
You had your time, you had the power
You've yet to have your finest hour
....
2...This is a tricky situation -
I've only got myself to blame
It's just a simple fact of life
It can happen to anyone -
You win - you lose
It's a chance you have to take with love
Oh yeah - I fell in love
But now you say it's over and I'm falling apart.
...
3..But life still goes on
I can't get used to, living without, living without,
Living without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own

Nu-i asa ca acum zimbiti a aduceri-aminte?