lock stock and tng barrels

cateva filme preferate - de Shtevia la: 26/10/2005 12:47:33
(la: Ce filme v-au facut sa rideti?)
pentru ca ma destind...
King Ralph
Big Lebowski
Hitch
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
multe - de AndreeaE la: 23/02/2006 20:01:07
(la: Cele mai bune filme)
calauza-tarkovsky

Reservoir dogs-Quentin Tarantino

Twin Peaks-David Lynch
Mulholland Dr.-David Lynch
Lost Highway-David Lynch
Blue Velvet-David Lynch
Dune-David Lynch

Zbor deasupra unui cuib de cuci-????

The English Patient-Anthony Minghella

21 grams-Allejandro Gonzales Inarritu

Ultimo Tango a Parigi-Bernardo Bertolucci
Stealing Beauty-Bernardo Bertolucci
Amore e Rabbia-Bernardo Bertolucci

Crucea de Piatra ultimul bordel-Andrei Blaier
Gadjo Dilo-
Cel mai iubit dintre pamanteni
Balanta

The others-Alejandro Amenabar

Casablanca-Michael Curtiz
The best things in a life are free-Michael Curtiz
Passage to Marseille-Michael Curtiz

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind-Michel Gondry

The Underground-Vince Offer

Legends of the Fall-Edward Zwick

Si mai sunt cateva dar e tarziu si sunt oosita si nu mi le mai amintesc. Oricum astea mi-au placut foarte mult si merita vazute.

O conversatie sau cinii latra caravana trece - de Dinu Lazar la: 16/04/2004 01:11:54
Onor foto grafii cafegii sunt invitati la to www.pdnonline.com!

Newswire:

-More than 750 photographers have signed a petition asking the Missouri School of Journalism and National Press Photographers Association to put aside their differences and work towards reuniting POYi and NPPA's Best of Photojournalism (BOP) contests.

-AFP photographer Patrick Baz gives us his observations from Baghdad, one year after a U.S. tank fired on the Palestine Hotel, killing two journalists. Because of the dangers Western journalists face covering Iraq's hot spots, Baz says a new generation of Iraqi photojournalists are emerging.

-ReflexNews photographer Shawn Baldwin describes a recent kidnapping at the hands of Shiite militiamen while on assignment in Iraq for the New York Times.

-Adam Moss, appointed editor-in-chief of New York Magazine in February, has made a bid to dramatically reshape the weekly's photography and design. Moss poached a photo editor from The New York Times Magazine and a design director from Travel + Leisure. In other news, ZUMA Press signs another photojournalist, Corbis adds to its assignment services department and lifestyle photographer Mats Rudels finds a new rep.

-In edit news, magazine publishers are scrambling to create new venues for the influx of automotive ad dollars. We have news on several new startups.

-With wedding season almost upon us, a number of stock and syndication outfits have tied the knot. PictureArts has acquired Nonstock's RM collection; Sipa has partnered with EPA; Queerstock has bonded with Retna and Imaginechina has hooked up with Taiwan's United Daily News Group.

-PDN and Canon are offering two upcoming educational events surrounding PDN's 30, a special issue showcasing the rising stars in photography. The first PDN's 30 seminar kicks off April 22 at San Francisco's Academy of Art College.

-The French Association of Women Journalists (AFJ) is calling for entries for the fourth annual Canon Female Photojournalist Award. The award includes a 8,000 Euro prize intended to help the winner complete a documentary project.

Attention Wedding Photographers:

Whether you shoot weddings full time, or on the occasional weekend, check out our contest celebrating the most creative wedding photography. Top Knots, sponsored by Fujifilm, honors the best ceremony shots, spontaneous images, portraits and more, selected by a prestigious jury. If your image is chosen, it will be featured in our July issue devoted to Wedding Photography, and on PDNOnline. The deadline is coming up soon, so download entry forms and rules now.

#13900 (raspuns la: #13896) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
PDNewswire - de Dinu Lazar la: 21/05/2004 00:43:01
- The Clios are announced, and print ads fall short

- Behind the scenes (and underwater) for strawberryfrog's clever new car ads.

- AFP employees win $500,000 settlement in a labor grievance stemming from AFP's partnership with Getty last year.

- Stock and syndication news: What market Getty is targeting; how Redux Pictures is filling out its stock archive; Spectrum Pictures on the block. ($ premium for subscribers only)

-People on the Move: New photo editor for Primedia's car mags; new hires at Men's Journal; new curators at the Whitney Museum; what's up with the Apix agency; news from Sipa, Vistalux, Alamy, Snyder & Co. and more.
($ premium for subscribers only)

-Editorial news: A new Hollywood mag debuts this fall; Universal Media kills a new magazine; and get ready for a new magazine described as Fortune meets Oprah. (We're not making that up.) ($ premium for subscribers
only)

-In Memoriam: Remembering the Reuters
photographer killed in the bomb blast in Chechnya.

#15687 (raspuns la: #15660) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
atunci sa facem completarea de cuvinta... - de sanjuro la: 19/11/2004 10:10:12
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven
[First published in 1845]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never-nevermore."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `Nevermore.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet violet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!
#29200 (raspuns la: #29192) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
An older, white haired man wa - de Horia D la: 04/05/2005 23:10:21
An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday
evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweler he
was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend.
The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring and
showed it to him. The old man said, "I don't think you understand, I
want something very special."
At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought
another ring over. "Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000," the jeweler
said. The young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled
with excitement. The old man seeing this said, "We'll take it."

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated,
by check. " I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll
write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and
I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon," he said.

Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweler phoned the old man. "There's
no money in that account."
"I know", said the old man, "but can you imagine the weekend I had?"
Poate este interesat vreun cafegiu de asa ceva... - de Dinu Lazar la: 25/06/2005 22:51:07
Profotos.com is teaming with Wish-Stock.com to bring photographers a real alternative to marketing their stock images and freelance talent. At Profotos.com, we often receive requests from photographers to help them market their stock images. Now, we feel we have found a solution to help all photographers keep more revenue from their stock sales and freelance photo work - Wish-Stock.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------
BIG CONTEST for the Profotos audience:

$10,000 (US) To Be Awarded in The Wishstock - Next 400 Members Contest

http://www.Wish-Stock.com is awarding over $10,000 dollars in prizes to its top 10 members as judged on their dynamic galleries both portfolio and stock.

- 1st place - $5,000 to the Best People portfolio and stock
- 2nd place - $2,000 for portfolio and stock
- 3rd place - $1,000 for portfolio and stock
- 4th place - $500 for portfolio and stock
- 5th place - $500 for portfolio and stock
- 6th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 7th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 8th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 9th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 10th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock

The next 400 members who apply and are accepted to the www.Wish-Stock.com team will compete against each other. Winners will be judged on their 24-image Wishstock portfolio and a minimum of 50 images in their Wishstock stock portfolio.

This means you have a 1 in 400 chance to win the grand prize or a 1 in 40 chance to win a prize. To become eligible to participate, you must be a paid Full Portfolio / Stock Image member of www.Wish-Stock.com. This contest applies to members only and is not meant to be a general public contest. All monetary awards in US dollars. Void where prohibited.

www.Wish-Stock.com lets you nationally market your stock imagery AND your freelance talent all in one place. You can generate extra revenue, gain exposure on a national level, and control your own online stock and image portfolios.

Wishstock changed the rules of online stock imaging and portfolios. Because we are artists like you, we incorporated your unique needs and concerns into our product mix - and into our way of doing business. We put the control in your hands.

Now you can become a member of Wishstock - quickly and easily - and for half the price of joining other stock / portfolio agencies. We also offer a portfolio-only program where you upload a 24-image gallery, link to your website, and give prospective customers a direct link to your showcased work.

We know that return on investment drives decisions. That's why Wishstock offers two very competitive programs: Full Portfolio / Stock Image - You generate 85% revenue from your stock image sales and CD collections, and keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.

- Full Stock / Portfolio - You keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.
--- 150 stock image portfolio (options up to 960) for storage and sale
--- 24 samples of your work in a portfolio with a direct link
--- Ability to respond to wishes
--- Your web address
--- Detailed bio and contact info
--- 24/7 marketing of your work

- Portfolio Only - You keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.
--- 24 samples of your work in a portfolio with a direct link
--- Your web address
--- Detailed bio and contact info
--- 24/7 marketing of your work

We know you need flexibility. That's why Wishstock makes it easy for you to update your online stock images and portfolio at any time. You even control which images to add to your sellable stock portfolio and their price. Within hours your stock images could be online, making you money.

We know your time is valuable. That's why Wishstock is easy to use. With our state-of-the-art one-step image upload console, your portfolio and stock images can be online in minutes.

Wishstock is dedicated to customer service, so let us know if we can be any help.
Contact us by email at info@wish-stock.com or by phone 303-926-1412 or toll-free at 1-866-926-1412.

Be sure to have your friends check you out at http://www.Wish-Stock.com.
#56767 (raspuns la: #56449) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
De fapt fotografii de stock vor avea o viata de cacao - de Dinu Lazar la: 04/01/2005 21:04:59
Addition expands comprehensive creative choice and services in one place

SEATTLE and DÜSSELDORF (January 3, 2004) - Corbis today announced its acquisition of Zefa Visual Media Group, the third-largest image licensing company in the world, resulting in combined revenues in excess of US$200 MM.
The addition of Zefa advances Corbis' strategy of offering complete visual solutions, encompassing existing imagery, custom production, and rights services.

"This deal further solidifies our plan to accelerate penetration of key commercial markets," said Steve Davis, President and CEO of Corbis.
"Moreover, as a result, we expect to dramatically improve our market share, not only in Germany, France, and the UK, but around the globe."

Headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany, Zefa has more than 140 employees and eight offices in Europe and the United States. The company represents more than 450,000 images, used daily by advertising agencies, corporations, and publishers around the world.

"Zefa's fresh, fashion-forward photography is a perfect complement to Corbis' imagery and services," said Jennifer Hurshell, Corbis Senior Vice-President, Image Licensing. "Our clients demand tremendous stylistic breadth of imagery, and this takes us another step forward to building one of greatest creative resources in the world."

"Corbis and Zefa share a deep commitment to offering our clients the most relevant imagery to communicate their ideas," said Tomas Speight, CEO of Zefa. "This will enormously benefit our photographers, who will gain global reach from Corbis' global sales network and industry-leading services."

In 2005, Corbis will integrate Zefa into its website, global sales organization, and marketing programs, offering comprehensive access to Corbis and Zefa imagery and services. Erwin Fey, Zefa President, will transition into a strategic consulting role with Corbis, and Tomas Speight, CEO of Zefa, will enter a new role as a Vice-President, leading international operations expansion activities.

ABOUT CORBIS
Corbis provides complete visual solutions used every day by publishers, advertising and design agencies, filmmakers, and other creative professionals to tell their stories with impact that goes beyond words. Our image licensing, rights services and assignment photography services enable clients around the world to differentiate brands, sell products and services, support news stories and entertain audiences.

Corbis images can be found and licensed at www.corbis.com. And client advisory services are available around the clock-including subject matter and conceptual research, rights management and clearances, and production expertise.

Corbis is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Düsseldorf, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo.

ABOUT ZEFA VISUAL MEDIA
zefa visual media gmbh is the largest European group in the professional stock imagery market, and currently ranks number three worldwide. The main office of zefa visual media group is in Düsseldorf, Germany. There is another sales office in Hamburg as well as 16 subsidiaries and partner agencies around the world, all forming the zefa visual media group. The range of images offered by zefa covers a wide selection of rights-managed and royalty-free collections. In addition, zefa visual media also has its own global network of top creative photographers.

Over 70 group partners license the usage rights to the groupŽs images via its global image portal www.zefaimages.com.
#32689 (raspuns la: #32677) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Pentru cei ce sunt in zona fotografiei de stock - de Dinu Lazar la: 15/10/2005 18:14:53
For so long in the stock photography field there have been highly segmented
pockets of interest. Now there is a new defacto organization forming and
growing very rapidly to represent all involved in stock imagery. Hopefully
this will not be received as spam, but, rather, as a simple means of letting
all know of a new source for information, communications, and valuable
resources. There is currently no charge to apply for membership.

International Stock Imagery Association

I.S.I.A. exists as an industry association that represents the needs of
those actively involved as professionals in stock imagery around the globe.

To create an environment for communications conducive to the continued
Development and maintenance of ethical and professional standards and
practices based upon respect for the individual.

To establish and maintain an association based upon inclusivity wherein all
views may be heard regardless of age, income, experience, affiliation with
other associations, channels of distribution or other areas that may have
divided the industry in the past.

To accomplish our goals requires member participation and the development of
services and offerings including:

Professional development and training

Opportunities and vehicles for two way communications and news delivery

Market and industry research and analysis

Developing a platform and vehicle for industry presence and voice,

Representation of member and association views and positions within the
association and the
industry.

Each of these key areas will be developed based upon the needs of the
Individual. Through a combination of all of the above, to create and
maintain an environment of support, encouragement, and resources to assist
in achieving success, whether seasoned veteran or newcomer.

For more information:
#78979 (raspuns la: #78923) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
International Stock Imagery Association - de Dinu Lazar la: 03/11/2005 07:47:26
Mission and Goals

I.S.I.A. is an international industry association that represents the needs
and provides resources for its individual members involved as professionals
in the many fields that are involved in the capture, production and
distribution of stock imagery.
I.S.I.A. seeks to create an environment for communications and the delivery
of resources that are conducive to the continued development and maintenance
of ethical, professional standards and practices based upon respect for the
individual.
I.S.I.A. is an association based upon inclusivity, wherein its members views
may be expressed and received with respect, regardless of age, income,
experience, or industry affiliations whether with other associations,
channels of distribution or any areas of personal or professional
involvement.
To accomplish our goals I.S.I.A. stresses individual member participation
and the development of services and resources including:
Professional development and training
Opportunities and vehicles for two way communications and news delivery
Market and industry research and analysis
Developing a platform and vehicle for industry presence and voice
Representation of member and association views and positions within the
association and the industry.

Each of these key areas will to be developed based upon member contributions
and needs. Above all I.S.I.A. exists to create and maintain an environment
of support, encouragement, and resources to assist in achieving success,
whether seasoned veteran or newcomer.
Clarence W. Walker, NPPA, NAPP, ISIA
Creative Expression Photography
http://www.creativeexpressiononline.com rev.10-25
http://creativeexpressionphotography.blogspot.com/ New!
#84164 (raspuns la: #84038) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Articole foarte interesante despre viitorul imaginii de stock - de Dinu Lazar la: 30/11/2005 07:26:21
THE FUTURE OF THE STOCK PHOTO INDUSTRY

By Ron Rovtar

Where exactly is the stock photography industry headed during the next ten to 15 years?

Definitely, somewhere very different from where it is today. If changes during the last decade have been phenomenal, those that occur between now and the year 2020 will be breathtaking.

And, as we discussed in previous articles, the stock industry's future may be very different from what many industry experts predict. Most of us -- experts included -- crave an orderly universe that behaves like the theoretical objects described by Sir Isaac Newton's First Law of Motion.

A moving object, Newton told us, continues moving in the same direction at the same speed unless acted on by an outside force. A clean and understandable explanation -- until you get to those last seven words.

Like it or not, the world is filled with "outside forces."

The stock industry is no exception.

Based on current "motion" within the industry, many observers believe big stock distributors will continue to strengthen their hold on the stock industry. Many think traditional royalty-free will slowly eat away at rights-managed image sales. However, as we noted in the first two articles of this series, things are not always simple.

The first article - http://www.stockphotonews.com/asylum1 - suggested that industry consolidations may just be the market's effort to clean up what is left of an old business paradigm, perhaps stabilizing it under the auspices of a few larger companies. The article proposed that the rapid spread of technology (an "outside force") could create new, more efficient paths to the market and may soon let independent stock photographers bypass traditional distributors altogether.

The second article http://www.stockphotonews.com/asylum2 argued that the market for royalty-free imagery is, for several reasons, probably peaking. Pressure from subscription services, the inability to control theft of royalty-free content, and changes in the kinds of images demanded by graphic designers, publishers and advertising firms were among the reasons cited.

---
Ron Rovtar is Managing Editor of The Stock Asylum, http://www.stockasylum.com -
#91653 (raspuns la: #91647) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
O lectura interesanta pentru fotografii de stock - de Dinu Lazar la: 07/03/2006 20:51:14
There's an interesting article over on stockphotographer.info by
Richard Weisgrau

Strategies for Successful Stock Photography, Part 3

He talks about RM and RF working against each other and shares
the idea that they should both be abandoned for a new model entirely.

#110146 (raspuns la: #110022) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Sex,drugs,alcohol and rock'n roll - de Little Eagle la: 01/03/2004 14:03:16
(la: Droguri)
My friend,

Poate am facut o greseala. Se pare ca tu personal nu ai fost atras de cele spuse de mine mai sus si evident nu ai fost curios macar sa incerci a fuma un JOINT ,pacat... mai bine sus in corcodus decit la umbra unuia uscat! Si totusi cred ca sint oameni in cafenea care au incercat odata in viata lor.
Nu cred ca-i deloc condamnabil si in final sa lasam pe altii sa faca comentarii care stiu despre ce am vorbit.

LOVE&PEACE,
Ozzy
.........................................................................................................................
"Just remember love is life
And hate is living death
Treat your life for what it's worth
And live for every breath."

Ozzy
#11055 (raspuns la: #10984) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
In sprijinul lui Ozzy - de Dantimis la: 15/03/2004 11:23:06
(la: Cat va ramane din salariu?)
Poate ne-am cam abatut un pic de la subiectul conferintei, dar sper ca gazda va fi intelegatoare. La urma urmei suntem romani si toata lumea stie ce rapid ne infierbantam cand e vorba sa vorbim despre bani sau despre realizari personale.

Un milionar si-ar cumpara casa si masina cu banii jos sau cu finantare de la banca? In America, ca si oriunde in lume, cu cat esti mai bogat, cu atat se inghesuie bancile sa-ti dea imprumut cu dobanda mai mica. Pt ca au siguranta ca vei putea plati. Deci pt un milionar nu ar fi greu deloc sa-si ia un mortgage cu 4% si masina in lease cu 0-2%. De ce ar face asta? Pt ca milionul ala in loc sa-l bage intr-o casa care nu va produce nimic, mai degraba ii investeste in afaceri sau in cel mai rau caz in stock market si in 30 ani, cat de ghinionist ar fi si tot ar face un average de 8-9% pe an. Deci ar iesi in castig oricum si ar avea si casa sau masina si banii. E o logica simpla si care e practicata pe scara larga, asa cum o descrie Ozzy.

Un exemplu extrem de simplificat: Cumperi o casa de 1 milion, fara downpayment si cu 5% fixed interest rate. In 30 de ani platesti aproape 2 milioane pe ea. Milionul pe care l-ai salvat ca nu ai platit casa cu banii jos, il investesti cu 8% pe an (fara nici un risc, in CD's). In 30 ani ai aproape 11 milioane in cont. Binenteles ca trebuie sa tii cont si de taxe, inflatie, s.a.m.d., dar oricum tot iesi in castig in ordinul milioanelor.

Referitor la masina: mecanicul meu, care e ownerul unui service general, cu cativa angajati, are masina in lease. Si el, si sotia, si fiica. Si e american get-beget, in varsta de aproape 60 ani. Eu un tip simpatic si vorbaret asa ca mi-am permis sa-l trag de limba. Tipul mi-a spus ca, dupa aproape 40 de ani de cand are service-ul auto, varianta de lease i se pare cea mai avantajoasa din punct de vedere financiar si a durerilor de cap. Masinile, adica piesele componente sunt proiectate in asa fel incat au o durata limitata de viata, cam cat sa le scoata cu bine din garantie. Dupa aia trebuie sa traiasca si cei care fac piese de schimb (cum as fi eu de ex) si mecanicii auto. Simplu, nu-i asa?

Cred ca Ozzy ar trebui sa faca o precizare, cand spunea ca isi va reduce paymentul de la $1600 la $1200 la mortgage , nu cred ca se referea la un second mortgage, ci la reinoirea mortgage-ului pe o noua perioada de 30 de ani. Asta e alta metoda practicata pe scara destul de larga. Iti cumperi casa, la inceput nu poti sa pui asa mult downpayment si dobanda e un pic mai mare de obicei. Dupa cativa ani, poti sa iti reinoiesti mortgage-ul caci deja ai ceva equity dupa cativa ani de plata. Suma care ti-a mai ramas de platit e ceva mai mica si de obicei capeti si o dobanda ceva mai mica. La o casa de $300k si o diferenta de 0.3% la dobanda se vede la payment. Reinoind mortgage-ul pe acelasi nr de ani, 30 ani, e normal ca paymentul lunar sa fie mai mic. Si numai daca iti schimbi paymentul sa platesti bilunar in loc de lunar si atunci mortgage-ul scade.

De cand sunt in America am citit zeci de carti despre personal finance, personal and small business tax, investing, stock market, etc. Cand citesc ziarul sar peste sport si rubrica mondene direct la paginile de Business. Internetul e deasemenea o sursa abundenta de informatii in acest domeniu. Dupa tot acest studiu si din experienta personala, una din concluziile la care am ajuns e faptul ca mai putin conteaza cati bani faci, ci cum ii chivernisesti. Am cunoscut persoane care si-au cumparat casa sau masina cu downpayment... de pe carti de credit. Decat asa mai bine in rent si cu autobuzul, nu credeti?

La urma urmelor, banii sunt doar o conditie necesara dar nu si suficienta pentru a fi fericit. Sa nu-i invidiem prea mult pe cei care spun ca au prea multi.

Dan

Discutii in plus... - de Dantimis la: 16/03/2004 11:02:35
(la: Cat va ramane din salariu?)
Cu riscul de a ma repeta, vreau sa spun ca e mult mai important cum iti chibzuiesti ceea ce-ti ramane din salariu, decat cat anume iti ramane. Cel caruia ii raman $200/luna de pus deoparte si ii investeste cu cap, la sfarsitul anului, sau in 10 ani va avea mai multi bani decat cel caruia ii raman $1000 pe luna dar ii cheltuie pe lucruri aiurea sau ii investeste pagubos.

Sa luam un exemplu fictiv: un tip Andre, conservator din fire, economiseste in fiecare luna $500. Ii depune constincios la banca intr-un savings account. Un alt personaj, sa-i zicem Ozzy, pune si el deoparte $500, dar nu intr-un savings account ci intr-un mutual fund (grup larg de actiuni in diferite sectoare ale stock marketului). Cine va avea mai multi bani la sfarsitul anului? Poate Andre, daca a fost un "bear market" (marketul in scadere). Dar in 10 ani? Dar in 30 ani? Sansele sunt 99% ca Ozzy va avea de cateva ori mai multi bani decat Andre. De ce? Pentru ca un savings account la o banca e ca si cum ai pune banii la CEC in Romania. Dobanda d-abia acopera inflatia. Peste 30 de ani banii din cont vor avea aproape aceeasi putere de cumparare ca si acum. Pe cand chiar si cel mai amarat mutual fund in 30 de ani va da o dobanda mult mai buna decat un savings account. De fapt, orice literatura de specialitate vei citi iti va spune acelasi lucru: saving accounturile (ca si CEC-urile din Ro) sunt cea mai proasta forma de investitie pe termen lung. Acestea sunt instrument de economisire pe termen scurt, cateva luni, un an cel mult. Pe o durata mai lunga, mai bine mergi si cumperi treasury bonds sau CD-uri sau orice alte forme de investitie garantate de stat. Sunt 100% sigure si au o dobanda mai buna decat un savings account. Dar cel mai bine e sa-ti faci un portofoliu bine balansat cu de toate. Atunci dobanda medie pe tot portofoliul va fi mult mai mare. O dobanda medie de 10%/an la un investment pe 30 de ani e ceva normal si aduce un profit frumusel.

Anul trecut de exemplu, si cel mai amarat mutual fund a adus un profit de 20-30%. Ce daca au scazut 2-3% datorita evenimentelor din Spania? Peste cateva zile sau saptamani sau chiar luni, se va reveni inapoi la valoarea dinainte de evenimente. S-a revenit si dupa evenimentele din 9/11. Marketul intotdeauna isi revine. Important e sa nu te pierzi cu firea si sa vinzi totul cand marketul e down, numai ca sa cumperi inapoi dupa ce marketul a crescut.

Andre, gresesti enorm cand zici "Sa investesti banii in actiuni este o pierdere sigura chiar si pentr cei care joaca la bursa mereu." Pai daca ar fi asa nu ar mai exista stock market si traders (jucatori la bursa) demult amice. Chiar crezi ca toata America, de fapt toata lumea, ar continua sa investeasca bani daca ar pierde mereu? Stock marketul are atatea aspecte: stocks (from penny stocks to blue chips), commodities, options (on stocks, on commodities), mutual funds, bonds, etc. Stock marketul este in continua crestere pt ca acolo se fac bani si se fac bani multi, ca-ti vine greu sa si numeri zerourile.

Zici ca singurul loc sigur este real estate-ul sa investesti? Ok, pot sa investesc in stock market in real estate funds. Si fara sa ma doara capul de chiriasi sau de pereti de zugravit. Ai auzit de "housing bubbles"? Si preturile la case au ups and downs ca si stock marketul. Iar in plus au un mare dejavantaj: nu sunt lichide. Ca sa vinzi o casa, iti trebuie timp, chiar ani uneori, iar daca te grabesti pierzi. Pe cand stock marketul e foarte lichid in majoritatea cazurilor.

Spui ca real estate e o afacere sigura? Sa-ti dau un exemplu simplu: acum cativa ani un prieten din Toronto, Canada, si-a cumparat o casa faina, intr-un cartier ca lumea dintr-o suburbie a orasului. A platit $280k. Dupa 2-3 ani era bucuros caci casa i-a fost reevaluata de primarie (pt impozite) la $350k. Un profit frumos. Alaturi s-a mutat o familie de indieni cu o duzina de copii si tot satul din India dupa ei. La scurt timp strada s-a umplut de turbane. Datorita recessiunii actuale tipul si-a pierdut jobul si si-a gasit ceva de lucru in capatul celalalt al orasului (aproape doua ore de condus cu masina). Si-a vandut casa ca sa se mute mai aproape de servici. A primit pe casa $250k, tot de la o familie de turbanezi.

Nu ar strica daca din cand in cand ai mai citi cate o carte de personal finance si chiar despre stock market. Un pic de educatie financiara nu strica nimanui. Poate astfel vei face diferenta dintre a lua un second mortgage pe casa si a-ti refinanta mortgage-ul. E o mare diferenta intre ele. Spunea-i ca ai vandut vechea casa si ca o parte din bani i-ai pus la banca in savings? Nu m-as mira deloc daca dobanda pe care o primesti pe banii depusi in banca e mai mica decat dobanda pe care o platesti tu la noul mortgage. In cazul asta, da-mi voie sa te intreb care-i afacerea? Si de ce nu ai pus toti banii ca si downpayment pt noua casa? De ce sa platesti dobanda pe un mortgage mai mare? Nu spuneai tu ca nu-ti place sa platesti dobanzi?

Pt Ozzy: am vizitat site-ul si am vazut ceva desene. Foarte faine. Felicitari. Ai talent intradevar. Mult succes in viitor.

In ceea ce priveste the real Ozzy: urasc heavy metal iar Ozzy mi se pare cel mai antipatic artist al tuturor timpurilor, indiferent de realizarile lui artistice. Sorry dar asta-i parerea mea personala. Tu in schimb poti sa-l admiri cat vrei, e treaba ta.

Nu tin partea nimanui si nu sunt impotriva nimanui. Si nu sunt inca milionar nici macar pe hartie. Dar ambitia mea e sa devin in curand si asta fara sa-mi cumpar masini si lucruri second-hand si fara sa muncesc 100 ore/sapt la patron. Romanii sunt un popor de oameni destepti, chiar daca au si unele defecte. Oricum suntem cu o treapta de inteligenta mai sus decat americanii, francezii, englezii sau alte natii dezvoltate. Chiar si cu numai cateva sute de dolari disponibili intr-o luna, se pot face multe daca ai vointa. Totul e sa-ti pui mintea la contributie si sa nu te complaci in comfortul de a nu face nimic.

Multa bafta,

Dan

The trinity:Marx,Engels,Lenin.....CIOCU' MIC !!! - de (anonim) la: 21/03/2004 16:53:00
(la: America, o tara comunista?)
Draga Adacartianu,
Am citit textul tau,ma intreb CE cauti in America daca nu-ti place si colac peste pupaza o mai numesti si ...comunista?Iti place Franta,apoi cine te opreste sa nu te duci si sa-ti faci viitorul acolo? ori daca ai,precum spui nostalgii romanesti,intoarce-te acasa si incearca sa-ti faci un viitor sub DON Corleone Iliescu(un real comunist,altfel bun ...baiat)si gasca lui de mafioti din guvern,niste fosti securisti si curpupisti,poate le simti lipsa.
Ca sa ajungi sa critici USA iti trebuie o gramada de ani in carca si o gramada de experienta de viata ce azi NU o ai deloc,asa ca ....CIOCU MIC!!!
Ai doar 25 ani si este exact virsta la care am venit eu aici,ciudat insa dar ne deosebim....eu la acea vreme nu-mi venea sa cred ca sint aici si eram in culmea fericirii fara un cent in buzunare si fara sa ma gindesc macar(inca) la ce voi face din mine!!!!Eram in delir,imi venea sa pling si sa urlu pe strazi ca-s liber si fericit asa cum sint,fara perspective de nici un fel!
Am trait comunismul din marele PLIN de a face ...TOTU...cum spunea ...marele conducator si erou national si ...incult si imbecil de 4 clase primare.Tu ce ai trait sa ai tupeul de a da cu parul intr-o tara care te-a acceptat azi sa traiesti in ea si sa-ti faci un viitor precum viselor tale?Poate ar fi bine sa te trimita inapoi,sint f.f.f.multi care vin aici si DORESC asta dar au nesansa sa fie ex-patriati,ori trec prin mari greutati sa aiba un green-card ori cetatenie,si apari tu,aiurea cu aere de artista si le dai pe filosofie si ginduri marxist-leniniste dar in final iti convine sa traiesti aici...cel putin pe moment pina-ti vine mintea la cap si vei alege CE TARA e potrivita gusturilor tale!Ce-ar fi sa dai cu banul?Cade pe muchie(f.RAR dar se intimpla),ia un revolver si joaca ruleta ruseasca tot cu gindul la o alegere....
Hai sa ma gindesc....deci 25 ani..hm,asta inseamna ca te-ai nascut in1979..you're just a baby to me.la virsta asta cam plina de elan tineresc si muncitoresc si plin de critici si creieri ce zbirnie de filosofii grandioase este cam normal sa gindesti in spiritul partidului,eu eram deja cu actele depuse la Iorga si treceam prin cacat cu secu,mai tirziu nu puteam pleca sa cumpar o piine ca eram filat si urmarit.Crezi ca-mi ardea de filosofii?Si eu sint artist si chiar realizat ,din arta mea traiesc eu si sotia,mai citeste alte texte despre mine la cafenea si afli mai multe.
DAR cind am venit aici nu am venit cu aere de artist,de fapt am muncit la docuri la inceput in port,am fost si messenger in Manhattan si pictor de firme si lucrat in diners ca bus-boy si lucrat la Metropolitan museum la stock services(magazie) si nu am facut arta ca atare dar am studiat in prostie si cu bursa la Art Students League of NY,am fost apoi si artist de b.d.si avut faima etc. si azi de 7 ani sint artist in advertising si ilustrez reclame comerciale pt. Tvnea USA.Un drum lung parcurs in ..23 ani si ca si altii de pe forum care traiesc aici de zeci de ani cam STIM cum e treaba pe la noi prin tara!!!!
Sa vii insa cu astfel de conceptii mi se pare deplasat si total IMATUR!!!Dar cert e un lucru:
NU iti convine ori place unde traiesti,pleaca inapoi de unde ai venit ori in tara pe care o admiri cel mai mult si lasa-ne in pace cu ale noastre caci avem destule pe cap si nu cred ca mai e nevoie de o alta ineptie si filosofie si aere boeme si nemultumiri ,oare chiar poti dormi noaptea cu gindurile astea ce le ai in cap?

Asta am avut de spus si oricit de dur as fi poate e necesar ca cineva sa te trezeasca la realitate....wake up and smell the coffee.

LOVE&PEACE,
Ozzy

Ps : Nu stiu de ce dar o vorba veche de-a lui Napoleon Bonaparte mi se pare potrivita subiectului tau:

"You run in defense and you run in offence,when you have nowhere to run
you die."
Raspuns pt. Anita and thelinuxguy - de Ly la: 17/04/2004 12:07:12
(la: Irakul un al doilea Vietnam?)
Linux:

Poti sa-ti pui aceeasi intrebare despre romani. Si multi altii. Altfel - hey e o lume de imagini si de multe ori conteaza imaginea proiectata (cuvintele multi nu le inteleg si nu le asculta) - la "popor", si connections and direct benefits pentru cei ce propun si imping pe cineva.

Anita47 - ai un stil cam pus pe polemica in general.

In orice caz nu am studiat pozitia lui Kerry vis-a vis de conflictul Israelo-Arab dar sunt sigura ca poti gasi detaliile care te intereseaza in site-ul lui. Ca sa fiu sincera eu m-am concentrat pe programul lui economic si cum vede celelate tari si aliante dianafara US.

Dar intr-o nota optimista pentru tine, bunicul lui Kerry a fost evreu ceh. Personal cred ca daca va fi Kerry la Casa Alba probabil ca aceeasi linie politica vsa Israel si teroristi va continua dar intr-un stil mai asezonat si mai inclinat spre diplomatie. DAR NU i-am citit perspectiva.

Daca ai timp Anita, poate revii cu un summary la asta.
Banii si fotografia - de Dinu Lazar la: 20/04/2004 01:00:53
The Getty Images Money Machine
``````````````````````````````````````````````
The popular daily newspaper, USA Today, recently published a copyrighted article (by Byron Acohido) about the top stock photography agency in the world, Getty Images. Although the article focused on tracing Getty's successful rise to the top of the industry, it revealed some interesting numbers. Especially if you are considering working for the company as a freelancer.
First of all, let me reiterate my personal philosophy that I believe good
stock photography is the result of a photographer's (amateur or pro) abiding interest in specific subject areas. For example, wildlife, medicine,
education, children, aviation, sports, and so on. The resulting photographs have the opportunity to be both art and documentary. Eventually they may have historical significance and grow as an asset for a photographer's heirs. In the meantime, if the photographer finds matching markets for his or her interest areas, profits can be made.
If this is your worldview also, then you'll want to turn and run if a Getty recruiter asks you to be part of their freelancer team. Here's why.
I don't pretend to be an economics wizard, but in Pilgrim's Pride
Elementary School, I was pretty good at arithmetic. I think you'll agree
with me that the numbers presented in the USA Today article do not look pretty for freelancers.
They spin out like this.
The 2003 Getty Images gross revenue was $523.2 million, with net income of $64 million. (88% operating costs; 12% net profit). The author is quoted as saying 83% of Getty Images sales comes from freelancers. That's $434,256 ,000 in freelancer photos. Getty gives 40% of that to the freelancers.
That's $173,702,400 .
Getty has 2,500 freelancers (contributors), according to the author. That's $69,480.96 annually to a freelancer, or $190.36 per day (365/yr.).
Running a stock photo business can get to be a marathon, and get to be
expensive. Using Getty Image's own costs/net income ratio (88/12), that
would reduce a freelancer's $69,480.96 gross down to $8,337.72 net annually, or $22.84 per day. But since freelancers are known to be frugal, and government RMA annual statement studies show entrepreneurs to be Spartan,
let's lower the cost percentage (to 76%), and double the net income figure to 24% and make it $45.68 per day, ($5.75 per hour for an 8-hour day).
PRODUCING THE COMMODITY
To produce images, most of your costs are going to be eaten up in camera equipment, travel costs, insurance, lodging and meals.

Want to read more of this article? Go to:
#14159 (raspuns la: #14158) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Would you like to read your name in Paris, London and New York? - de Dinu Lazar la: 22/04/2004 06:22:10
Dear Friend of Black and White Photography,

Would you like to read your name in Paris, London and New York?

Then take part and win:
your photo along with your name on the new AGFA MULTICONTRAST packages
your photo along with your name all over the world in a high-quality black and white photo calendar
and in addition one of 3 Hasselblad 501 CM cameras
or other prizes

Within the Subject "Move it!" AGFA is looking for the 12 best analogue black and white prints.

All professional photographers, students of photography and enthusiastic amateurs are welcome to join the competition which is still running up to the 28th of May 2004.

Further information as well as the entry form can be found at:

Please, tell your colleagues and friends of our competition and forward this message!

We are looking forward to lots of exciting high-quality photos.

With best regards,

Your Agfa Black and White Team

Anja Paufler
CI – Global Marketing Paper

e-mail for further inquiries:
bw-competition@agfa.com
#14305 (raspuns la: #14241) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Fratilor - de Dinu Lazar la: 13/05/2004 15:32:46
Fratilor mei fotografi, care dau cu citeala pe aici uneori da` nu scriu un rind pen`ca ii doare deshtu pe tastatura, le transmit mesajul unui amic de pe o lista de discutii; cine are urechi de auzit, sa inteleaga, cine nu, asta e...

===============================================

Love him or hate him, Defense Secretary Rumsfeld provided a powerful endorsement for the value of photographs during his Congressional testimony this week. When asked why earlier written warnings of prisoner abuse issued by the International Red Cross hadn't stirred the same response as the recent photos have, Rumsfeld replied, "It's the photographs that gives one the vivid realization of what actually took place . . . words don't do it."
An official with Amnesty International (whose name I didn't catch) was also recorded saying, "pictures are crucial for getting the public turned on to the story."

Remember these words the next time an editor asks you to sign away your copyright, offers you a token sum because, "it won't run very large" or, "we NEVER pay more than that," or tries to tell you that they can probably just
find something from stock to "fill the space." Human beings' ability to
draw pictures predates our ability to read and write by tens, even hundreds, of thousands of years. And even in this age of image overload and digital everything, photographs still remain one of the most powerful forms of communication.

Go out and make good images, and don't let anyone diminish their value.
#15364 (raspuns la: #15322) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului