to be afraid of

Walking through the woods, a - de Horia D la: 10/02/2005 16:11:23
(la: Un nou forum: "Bancuri, glume, poante...")
Walking through the woods, a man comes upon another man hugging a tree with his ear firmly against it. He asks, "Just out of curiosity, what the hell are you doing?"
"I'm listening to the music of the tree."
"You've gotta be kidding."
"No, not at all! Would you like to give it a try?"
"Well, okay." So he wraps his arms around the tree and presses his ear up against it.
The other man immediately slaps a set of handcuffs on him, takes his wallet, jewelry, car keys, then strips him naked and leaves.
Two hours later, another nature lover strolls by, sees this man handcuffed to the tree, naked and asked, "What the hell happened to you?"
He tells the guy the whole story about how he got there. While he was regaling his plight, the newcomer is shaking his head in sympathy, circling him.
When the handcuffed man is finished talking, the second man walks around behind him, kisses him tenderly behind the ear and says, "This just isn't your day, is it, Sugar?"
Uite tot despre individ: T - de mya la: 14/02/2005 23:17:21
(la: Theodorakis)
Uite tot despre individ:

Theodorakis' comments in November led Israel to complain to the Greek government, which distanced itself from the composer's remarks.

In March, the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Jewish advocacy group, urged Jews not to visit Greece, saying: "There is no country in Europe that matches the intensity of anti-Semitic invective."

The composer - who wrote the Palestinian national anthem - also said there is no anti-Semitism in Europe, despite a recent wave of anti-Jewish attacks.

He called Jewish claims of anti-Semitism a "masochistic reaction" by a people who like to be "the victim."

Theodorakis claimed Jews control banks, the mass media and the United States.

"They hold world finance in their hands, so it's only natural that they would see themselves as very strong," Theodorakis said. "In America the Jewish community is very strong. It controls much of the economy, certainly the mass media," he said.

Theodorakis said Jewish control of orchestras has prevented him from holding concerts.

"The Jewish people now appear to control the big banks. And often the governments. So whatever bad or evil comes from the governments, it's natural for ordinary people to associate that with the Jewish people," he said.

After describing how his religious grandmother believed Jews drank the blood of Christian boys during Easter, the composer said the problem was that Jews didn't accept Jesus.

Pentru mine e destul de sugestiv, tipul are probleme grave...ca sa nu zic mai rau. Citisem despre asta cand a avut loc "comentariul" pe viu.
Cat valoreaza fotografia ? Raspuns: 60 $ - de Dinu Lazar la: 15/02/2005 07:57:19
Cit ar valora fotografiile de teatru in cazul acesta, imagini folosite pentru o pagina pe web?
Atit cit o sa ceara fotografii europeni care o sa vina repejor sa mature cu cei de aici acushilea, gasiti cu garda jos, inculti economic vorbind si in cearta continua, in doi trei ani:

FEES FOR USES IN THE INTERNET

IMAGES TO BE USED FOR ADVERTISING PRESENTATION contractually defined with the owner of the site.

The price however is established by specific accord for secondary images, placed near or in the second level of hypertext.

MINIMUM FEES EXPRESSED IN EURO AND DOLLARS – CROSS RATES ROUNDED – EXPENSES AND VAT EXCLUDED.

Images shown on home page

3 months 6 months 12 months

euro 500 750 1.000 euro

Image covering more than 1/2 the screen

3 months 6 months 12 months

euro 250 450 600 euro

Image covering less than 1/2 the screen

3 months 6 months 12 months

euro 150 250 350 euro

Image covering less than 1/8 the screen

3 months 6 months 12 months

euro 50 100 150 euro

Image in advertising banner

3 months 6 months 12 months

euro 150 250 350 euro

Banii astia, in lipsa culturii economice la fotografii romani, ramin la clienti, carora le uram multa sanatate si gipane multe la scara padurii de viloaie cumparate din iata, micile economii.
#36369 (raspuns la: #36361) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
giocoldel si paianjenul... - de nasi la: 19/02/2005 00:44:16
(la: progresul in medicina - bun sau rau?)
sa-mi fie cu iertare, ca nu vreau sa va agravez. dar beethoven a surzit mai incolo... spre sfirsitul vietii. motzart in scimb, a fost surd bocna de mic copil. (intrucit nu a fost deshumat pt autopsie cu tehnologie moderna, nu se stie cu exactitate daca asa s-a nascut, sau i se datoreaza batailor primite de la tatal sau).
M. L. Lenhart(imi cer scuze ca reproduc textul fara traducere):
The upper range of human air conduction hearing is believed to be no higher than about 24,000 Hz (1); nevertheless, there have been reports of humans hearing well into the ultrasonic range but only when the ultrasonic stimuli are delivered by bone conduction (2-4). Furthermore, ultrasonic bone conduction hearing in humans has been readily demonstrated in various conditions of auditory pathology, including sensorineural hearing loss and middle ear disorders (2). Ultrasonic stimulation of the skull with frequencies up to 108 kHz induces a perception of sound within the head without any sensation of cutaneous feeling (2-4), suggesting that these high frequencies are being processed in a modality other than the vibratory-somatosensory system.
In contrast to the excellent frequency discrimination found in the midsonic auditory range, ultrasonic perception has been described as having poor frequency-resolving ability (3). This interpretation originates from reports that the pitch elicited by ultrasonic stimulation is similar to the pitch of the highest air conduction frequency detectable, that is 8 to 16 kHz (4). Because the perceived pitch of ultrasonic tones was associated with the upper limit of conventional air conduction hearing, these investigators assumed that the perceived audible sensation produced by ultrasonic stimuli consisted only of fixed pitch with monotonal quality. In addition, it was assumed that ultrasonic detection was a by-product of some form of cochlear processing that activated sensorineural elements within the classical auditory system (4) and, as such, offered little in the form of an additional communication channel.
We next sought to determine the ability of humans to resolve frequency in the ultrasonic range, using a paradigm in which ten additional normal, young adult subjects (N2)(23 to 25 years of age) were required to indicate just noticeable differences (JNDs) in pitch to tonal stimuli of 6, 11, 2, 32, and 40 kHz (7). The subjects were able to discriminate changes in frequency, although there was a steady increase in the JNDs from 2 to 40 kHz (Fig. 1C). In the auditory range the JNDs ranged from 0.4 to 1.0% of the stimulus frequency, whereas in the ultrasonic range the JNDs were on the order of 10% of the stimulus frequency. These data reinforce the premise that pitch discrimination does occur in the ultrasonic range but that frequency discrimination in the ultrasonic range differs from that in the more conventional auditory range.
We next sought to determine if individuals with impaired high frequency hearing could detect ultrasonic speech. Ten older subjects (50 to 82 years of age) (N4) were given complete audiograms [as in (5)], including ultrasonic testing, and these threshold data were compared to those previously generated in normal, young adults. At frequencies between 1,000 and 10,000 Hz, all older subjects exhibited substantial hearing loss typical of age-related deafness (Fig. 1A). However, both subject groups displayed similar ultrasonic thresholds regardless of age or hearing loss in the conventional auditory range (Fig. 1B) These data confirm the ability of human subjects to detect sounds in the ultrasonic range despite a significant hearing loss normally associated with aging (2). Furthermore, in a subsequent experiment with five additional subjects with age-related hearing loss (55 to 75 years of age) (N5), speech stimuli were amplitude-modulated onto a 28-kHz carrier frequency and presented in a single-word, oral-response discrimination task (10). Mean accuracy was found to be 58% with a range of 45 to 70%. All of the subjects discriminated words at a level considerably better than chance. The lower scores for the older group relative to the young group were due to incorrect identification of a single consonant sound within the target word.

............... toata polilologhia asta au mai numit-o si... "mozart effect"

acestea fiind clarificate, astept in continuare opinii la problema in discutie.
horica - de anisia la: 04/03/2005 19:40:21
why should I ge married? to be unhappy like the rest of us??? no way !!!
anyway... te tzii batzos??
#38201 (raspuns la: #38200) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Mafia nu doarme - de Dinu Lazar la: 09/03/2005 08:14:56
Internetul e o chestie si minunata si intunecoasa, care serveste perfect atit multor chestii pozitive, cit si unor mafioti care descopera un cimp aproape perfect de actiune.

Scrisorile cu "sunt fiul regelui Bulipasha al treilea, lucrez cu diamante si mama e baroneasa Bingstein si suntem urmariti si trebuie sa pun banii familiei undeva la fereala si am reizeci de milioane de dolari pe care vrau sa-i impart cu Dvs, fiindu-mi recomandat de alti prieteni comuni ca un om de onoare si capabil, dati-mi contul pe care il aveti sa va pun milioanele care este" au devenit fumate.

Profesiunile liberale si firmele mai prezente pe net sunt luate la ochi cu mare grija de mafioti.

Acum deci si fotografii romani mai rasariti si prezenti cu afacerea pe net vor primi scrisori mai personalizate, in genul:

==============================

My name is the Prince J from Burkina, my fiancee and I will be getting married on the 28th, of May 2005 at Holy Trinity Church. 15, ave C, Orleans, France.
we are looking for the best wedding Photographer that will capture the details and emotions that wil make the day special in the minds and hearts of everyone involved.

We will want you to work for at least 6 Hours at the occasion and if you are out of france ,we will pay the transportation charges to and from the party venue so indicate in your email if you are out of France and state what it will costs to get you to the party company.

However,I will be making the payment by means of a Cheque.
Let me have your full names,Address,Phone Number,Cellular Number, bank account, your card serial number and the pin of the card, where a Cheque will be mailed to for payment.Moreso,should you be out of France,the Hotel accomodation will be provided for by me.
==================

Tare taica!

Imposibil sa nu gaseasca nigerianu` niste fotografi romani mindri ca sunt invitati in tzara parfumului francez unde fotografii de wedding au murit subit si unde scoala romaneasca de fotografie e apreciata la cea mai inalta valoare, meritata de altfel dupa cum vedem in inalta calitate artistica si tehnica a imaginilor romanesti care matura de zor imaginile europene devenite brusc de tot rahatu`.

Invitatii fotografi vor pune botu` si vor merge la impushcat francu` la propriu si la figurat si se vor mira tare mult cum devine cazu de s-au fraierit si in ce dandanale au intrat si la ce naiba trebuia seria si pinul cardului ca sa faca ala un cec.

Traiasca fotografia romaneasca, in sfirsit recunoscuta de cine trebuie cind trebuie.

Si e numai inceputul.
#38688 (raspuns la: #38618) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
fetele - de Belle la: 11/03/2005 21:39:03
eu mai am nitel si ma opresc ca nu mai poci

serbus crisa, chiar ca nu te vazuram de nshpe mii de ani

va las cu asta intre timp

Don`t Step On The Ducks

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven.

When they get there, St. Peter says, "We only have one rule here in
heaven: don't step on the ducks!"

So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over
the place. It is almost impossible not to step on a duck, and although
they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps
on one.

Along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she ever saw.
St. Peter chains them together and says, "Your punishment for
stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!"

The next day, the second woman steps accidentally on a duck and
along comes St. Peter, who doesn't miss a thing. With him is another
extremely ugly man. He chains them together with the same admonishment as for the first woman.

The third woman has observed all this and, not wanting to be
chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very, VERY careful where
she steps.

She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks, but one
day St. Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on ... very tall, long eyelashes, muscular, and thin.

St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.

The happy woman says, "I wonder what I did to deserve being
chained to you for all of eternity?"

The guy says, "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck!"
#39162 (raspuns la: #39161) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
1 aprilie marca tsunami? - de Dinu Lazar la: 22/03/2005 21:16:27
Mie nu imi suna bine chestia asta:

Dear Friends,
I am Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka from Kathmandu, Nepal and I am 22 years old guy. I am student and I am doing my BA in English, Sociology and Anthropology. I am also learning photography but as my first work, I got the job at a local newspaper to shot photo for them and I was sent to take photographs of Andaman and NICO bar islands in India. But it was that I was also hit by the tsunami and I lost my camera and a good friend that help me in all my troubles and problems. I was also injured by that nightmare and have a pierce a nail in my right hand over an elbow, but I was a lucky one that I survive but I feel myself guilty because my friend did not want to go over there but I presser him to go with me. Because of me he lost his life, so I feel that I will never touch the camera and never take any photo in my life but back in home in Nepal. I find a note book of my lost friend in my room that was filled with his word about me and he wanted to me be a famous photographer and film makers. He was an orphan so my mom treats him as her own son so he feels that I was a brother to him, so he wanted me to be a good and famous photographer of Nepal. I did not even get the body of my brother, now I am quite well but as I uplift any heavy things with my right hand it hurt like hell. By time pass physical wound will heal but the wound that I got on my heart never heals. So I thought to start over again my friend dreams. So I have to start from nothing because I have lost my all camera. So I beg you to send me any SLR camera as donations or I will pay you back but only as installments of 100 US$ each installment. I was using Nikon FM 10 with 28-80-2.8 lens. It is best for me if you can send me Nikon FM10 w/35-70mm lens Or 500 US$. I will pay you back I promise you, so please do help me. You can also send me any other books or note books about photography and other cameras that you do not use. It will be very helpful for me, the world is changing a lot with digital camera and I love to get one, if any body have one that you do not use that or you get new one than please do send me that too with its all manual and soft wear for that I will pay you back or as donations.
#40380 (raspuns la: #40314) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Unul dintre cele mai bune programe de procesat raw-uri - de Dinu Lazar la: 23/03/2005 22:31:08
Since the initial release a month ago of RawShooter essentials 2005 we have been busy updating the product with improvements to quality, workflow and hardware and camera compatibility. Especially we would like to draw your attention to these improvements:

• Expanded camera compatibility: Canon EOS 350D/Rebel XT, Nikon D2X, Minolta A200, Minolta 7Hi, Epson R1-D as well as improved compatibility with several cameras already supported
• A new Processing Parameter Panel to control the default processing parameters such as noise / detail / sharpness to be applied across camera type and ISO range
• Black and white support
• Improved highlight rendering and tonal treatments, color rendering and noise reduction
• Enhanced metadata support (EXIF / IPTC)
• Improved hardware and OS compatibility
• Various workflow and functionality enhancements

#40557 (raspuns la: #40434) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Rumi: Acesta este iubirea/o posibila traducere - de carmen-mihaela la: 29/03/2005 18:38:04
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Aceasta este iubirea: zborul spre cerul ocult
Topind noianul de valuri isiene, clipa de clipa,
Mai intai, stiinta de a muri vietii
In final, pasul fara picior;
Arta de a vedea invizibilitatea lumii
Sfidarea aparentului: "EU".

Inima spun: ce dar si ce poarta,
Spre cercul iubitilor
Deschis celui ce dincolo de el insusi
Ajunge in simtirea din adancul suflarii:
STRAVAZATOR.

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky,
to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment.
First, to let go of live.
In the end, to take a step without feet;
to regard this world as invisible,
and to disregard what appears to be the self.

Heart, I said, what a gift it has been
to enter this circle of lovers,
to see beyond seeing itself,
to reach and feel within the breast.

c.m.
dragostea nu are varsta... - de scouty_tam la: 01/04/2005 16:28:15
(la: Cata importanta are diferenta mare de varsta intre parteneri?)
Zodiacul chinezesc spune ca... exact acele cupluri in care diferenta dintre parteneri este de 7 ani... sunt cele mai armonioase. E vorba acolo, de compatibilitati calculate dupa astre si alte observatii facute dupa o perioada destul de mare de timp si... generatii.

Cum nu cred 100% in zodiace, pot cita ca 'dragostea nu are varsta'. Evident, asta poate fi interpretata din doua puncte de vedere:
1. Dragostea care dureaza... si dureaza... si dureaza (sa nu-mi spuneti ca starea de indragostire este permanenta, ca nu va cred) din cauze de dragoste, indragostire, comunicare, negociere, surpriza, cooperare.
2. Dragostea dintre partenerii care nu au aceeasi varsta (cu diferente mari) care dureaza... dureaza... dureaza... tot datorita celor mai sus enumerate.

Voi introduce un fragment original din cartea 'High fidelity' - Nick Hornby. Nu va pot demonstra, in nici un caz, ca exista mai multi oameni care gandesc altfel... decat 'normal-ul' celorlalti (si aici... hai sa vedem ce-i aia 'normalitate') dar se gasesc :>

'Read any woman's magazine and you'll se the same complaint over and over again: men - those little boys ten or twenty or thirty years on- are hopeless in bed. They are not interested in 'foreplay'; they have no desire to stimulate the erogenous zones of the opposite sex; they are selfish, greedy, clumsy, unsophisticated. These complains, you can't help feeling, are kind of ironic. Back then, all we wanted was foreplay, and girls weren't interested. They didn't want to be touched, caressed, stimulated, aroused; in fact, they used to thump us if we tried. It's not really very surprising, then, that we're not much good at all that. We spent two or three long and extremely formative years being told very forcibly not even to think about it. Between the ages of fourteen and twenty-four, foreplay changes from being something that women want and men can't be bothered with. (Or so they say. Me, I like foreplay - mostly because the times when all I wanted to do was touch are alarmingly fresh in my mind.) The perfect match, if you ask me, is between the Cosmo woman and the fourteen-year-old boy.'

... sau iubirea nu are limite... depinde cum trasneste. Sunt prea multi factori si prea multe astre in calcule, ca sa spunem ca exista doar interese, cand se face evaluarea unui cuplu, cu parteneri de varste diferite.
_________________________
Surreal but nice
Un sit dedicat photoshop-istilor - de Dinu Lazar la: 02/04/2005 06:52:42
Cafeneaua forum members may be interested to know of a new website called Photoshop News that was launched today:

It was set up by Photoshop expert Jeff Schewe in Chicago and offers a rolling news service of stories relating to Photoshop, it's history, new developments, related links to digital cameras etc, plus lots of background information about the program, starting with an article by Ruth Knoll, wife of Thomas Knoll, on what it means to be a Photoshop widow!
#41673 (raspuns la: #41582) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Ia plugul neamule, ca veni primavara si se merge la arat - de Dinu Lazar la: 03/04/2005 16:51:08
FREE PLUGINS AND TOOLS
------------------------------------------------
Rob Miller released a plugin called VignettingRemover (for Windows), which can be used with 8bit and 16bit RGB images. It is primarily meant for removing vignetting from astronomical photos, but it can also be used for normal photos. It is freeware, but the author asks you to donate $5 if you like it.

Two more plugins have been added to the Photo-Plugins collection (for Windows). Lens Corrector removes barrel or pincushion distortions and Selective Saturation applies saturation adjustments to areas with a certain saturation. All Photo-Plugins are freely usable, but George appreciates donations via Paypal that help to cover his web site fees.

Richard Rosenman added two new plugins (for Windows) to his vast collection. Pinocchio is a fun tool that lets you prolong the nose of people in photos by dragging it in the preview. Color Replacer performs selective color replacements.

XLProfiler (for Windows) is a freeware ICC profiler for digital cameras and scanners, it is a combination of a Microsoft Excel Workbook and a standard Adobe Photoshop plug-in filter. The procedure looks quite complex, so you need to invest some time.

Cybia updated his free brush packs for Photoshop, PSP and GIMP (for Win/Mac). You can now download 4 packs of FREE brushes, containing a total of 1100 individual tips. Cybia also offers 5 commercial brush packs for $10 each.

PhotoFiltre (for Windows) is an image editing tool with a lot of nice features. Many interesting plugins, which only work in PhotoFiltre, are also available for it. PhotoFiltre is free for a private, non-commercial or educational use (including non-profit organizations). Paradoxically it isn't possible to register it at the moment, so you are not allowed to use it for commercial purposes, which is a bit weird.

The free LE version of Ultimate Paint 2.86 (for Windows) works just like the commercial version, but does not support Adobe plugins and has only 20 image filters built-in. It is meant to be a replacement for Ultimate FX which isn't officially supported any more.

The free Personal Learning Edition of Alias MotionBuilder (for Win/Mac) is a character performance and animation package for non-commercial use. It offers all features of MotionBuilder Standard 6, but doesn't allow exporting to FBX, an application independent 3D format.

#41787 (raspuns la: #41673) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
RawShooter - noutati!!!!!!!!! - de Dinu Lazar la: 14/04/2005 14:46:15
Updated version

• Black and white support
• Enhanced metadata support (EXIF / IPTC)
• Improved hardware and OS compatibility
• Various workflow and functionality enhancements

An updated version of RawShooter essentials 2005 (v1.1.1) is available now to download. We recommend that all current users upgrade to this version and that it be installed over you existing version 1.0. Please note that you will not have to re-register and all of your priorities / colour changes etc will be preserved. For a detailed list of amendments please see the Release Note for version 1.1 and the 'read me' text for version 1.1.1. These documents form an appendix to the existing User Guide highlighting any amendments.

#43520 (raspuns la: #43503) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
lexou - de Belle la: 15/04/2005 22:22:16
(la: Cedarea cetateniei romane ????)
nu te mai mira atata, si eu am auzit la fel de la romanii din germania care au obtinut cetatenia

si fiindca m-ai facut curioasa, am cautat pe google si uite ce-am gasit

in paragraful trei spune clar:
"Those applying for naturalization must in principle give up their foreign nationality. However in contrast to previous legislation, their are generous rules governing exceptions which allow the previous nationality to be retained. These apply for example to elderly persons and victims of political persecution"

amalia nu cred ca intra in categoria "persoane in varsta sau victime persecutate politic"
#43852 (raspuns la: #43797) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
albviolet - de giocondel la: 16/04/2005 04:53:39
(la: FEMEIA intre cariera si cratita; BARBATUL...unde mai are loc...)
nu am citit cartea cu pricina... in schimb, ideea legata de educarea femeii este inspirata din principiile credintei Baha'i, unde se acorda o mare importanta egalitatii dintre sexe si incurajarii amandorura, ba chiar se mentioneaza la un moment dat ceva de genul : daca o familie este saraca si are doi copii, un baiat si o fata dar nu isi permite sa investeasca decat in educatia unuia dintre ei, atunci de preferinta este ca acel copil ce va avea acces la educatie sa fie mama, pentru ca ea este prima educatoare a noii generatii. Am sa presupun ca intelegeti limba engleza pentru ca , din pacate, nu am acees la scrierile Baha'i, in limba romana deocamdata ( mi-am lasat toate cartile acasa) ::)

"If the mother is educated then her children will be well taught. When the mother is wise, then will the children be led into the path of wisdom. If the mother be religious she will show her children how they should love God. If the mother is moral she guides her little ones into the ways of uprightness.... Therefore, surely, God is not pleased that so important an instrument as woman should suffer from want of training in order to attain the perfections desirable and necessary for her great life's work! Divine Justice demands that the rights of both sexes should be   equally respected since neither is superior to the other in the eyes of Heaven. Dignity before God depends, not on sex, but on purity and luminosity of heart. Human virtues belong equally to all!

('Abdu'l-Bahá: Paris Talks, p. 162)

'Abdu'l-Bahá laid great stress on Education. He said "The girl's education is of more importance today than the boy's, for she is the mother of the future race. It is the duty of all to look after the children. Those without children should, if possible, make themselves responsible for the education of a child."

The condition of the destitute in the country villages as well as in London impressed 'Abdu'l-Bahá greatly. In an earnest talk with the Rector of a Parish, 'Abdu'l-Bahá said: "I find England awake; there is spiritual life here. But your poor are so very poor! This should not be. On the one hand you have wealth, and great luxury; on the other hand men and women are living in the extremities of hunger and want. This great contrast of life is one of the blots on the civilization of this enlightened age.

"You must turn attention more earnestly to the betterment of the conditions of the poor. Do not be satisfied until each one with whom you are concerned is to you as a member of your family. Regard each one either as a father, or as a brother, or as a sister, or as a mother, or as a child. If you can attain to this, your difficulties will vanish, you will know what to do. This is the teaching of Bahá'u'lláh."  ( Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 91)

Ps: pe scurt, Bahá'u'lláh este fondatorul credintei Baha'i iar Abdu'l Baha este fiul sau, ce l-a insotit in surghiunul si incarcerarea sa timp de 40 de ani, tocmai pentru ca acum 160 de ani aceste idei de egalitate intre sexe, eliminare a tuturor prejudecatilor, Unicitate a divinitatii, Unitate a omenirii, universalitate a educatiei, cautare independenta a Adevarului, armonia intre religie si stiinta, etc etc erau de neconceput pentru societatea islamica (dar nu numai), unde Baha'u'llah a revelat aceasta noua religie, ca si o reinoire a mesajului divin, etern in trecut, etern in viitor, unul si acelasi in esenta sa, in fiecare din marile religii revelate .

numai bine!
gio

"To merit the madness of love, man must abound in sanity"
-The Seven Valleys-

lectii de la un caine - de donquijote la: 17/04/2005 17:40:00
(la: Ce ne da putere?)
cred ca se incadreaza oarecum in subiect. nu am muza sa le traduc
LESSONS FROM A DOG

1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
4. When it's in your best interest, always practice obedience.
5. Enjoy it when someone wants to rub your tummy.
6. Take naps and always stretch before rising.
7. Run, romp, and play daily.
8. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
9. Be loyal.
10. Never pretend to be something you're not.
11. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
12. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
13. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
14. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
15. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
16. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
17. When you are happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
18. No matter how often you are criticized, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout.
Run right back and make friends.
Destinul femeii - de Prism la: 19/04/2005 02:34:14
(la: FEMEIA intre cariera si cratita; BARBATUL...unde mai are loc...)
"De ce oare femeile moderne trebie sa fie altceva decit au fost programate genetic ? mame, sotii... Nu asta le este destinul ? De ce marea parte a femeilor crescute sub umbrela emanciparii feministe din anii 70-90, alt cataclism social care a lasat in urma si inca lasa, milioane de familii destramate si copii rmasi pe drumuri, incearca sa isi asume roluri de mame si tati in acelasi timp doar din dorinta de fi independente, doar sa constate ca nici independente nu le este bine, indiferent de cit ridicat nivelul lor intelectual sau de cultura. Adevarul este simplu - caracter, bun simt si o intoarcere la valorile familiei traditionale pot face un camin fericit si o familie realizata chiar si intre doi intelectuali care inteleg ca din momentul in care si-au proclamat iubirea in altar, au creat un nucleu pentru care ORICE altceva (familie, interese meschine, dorinte de extravagante sexuale, bani etc) nu sint decit amentintari la pacea familiei. Stimate doamne, de-a lungul ultimilor citeva mii de ani, barbatii au fost cei care au ghidat familia, cei care si-au asuma responsabilitatea mentinerii ei intregi si in pace, si indiferent cit de mare ar fi doarinta dumneavoastra de emancipare nu veti putea intoarce la 180 de grade in 20 de ani o ordine milenara inradacinata adinc in cultura si mesajul genetic al ambelor sexe.Cutia Pandorei nu face decit sa lase la iveala caracterul meschin, incapacitatea de a urmari si mentine binele cuplului si egoismul femeii care printr-un mod sau altul a obtinut cit de cit ceva drepturi si puterea de a distruge.

Sa nu va imaginati ca daca bunicele dumneavoastra nu vorbeau 3 limbi si nu se imbracau la Chanel erau mai inapoiate intelectual sau social ca dumneavoastra. Au fost inzestrate si crescute cu acel bun simt care le-a permis sa-si creasca copii si nepoti frumosi si sanataosi, sa aiba grija de barbatii lor si sa mentina camine fericite si sanatoase, chestii pe care nu multe femei le mai pot face in ziua de azi, indiferent cite PhD-uri au sau cite limbi vorbesc. Au fost crescute de mame care au stiut ce trebiua sa le invete ca sa-si indeplinesca menirea lor de sotii si femei. Because, myladies, at the end of the day, doing a good job and doing it right is the most important thing both women and men can do. We could philosofy as much as you'd like about gender equality, social fulfillment, intellectual challenges and fulfillment but you and I both know that this is b.s. Look around you and see how many neurotic single men and women are roaming around pretending to "date", to be in "search of their soulmate" when nobody knows what that means exactly. Shrinks are just as many as lawyers or plastic surgeons and are making just as much $$$$. This must say something about the state of sanity of the so called intellectualism and intellectuals in the 21 century.... Please don't get me wrong, all I tried to pinpoint here is the use and need of traditional man-woman gender relations in a healthy society. Nothing more, nothing less."
#44241 (raspuns la: #44005) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
true story - good one too - de Horia D la: 20/04/2005 21:06:57
At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science, AAFS

President Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the
legal complications of a bizarre death.

Here is the story:

On March 23, 1994 the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald
Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound to the
head. Mr. Opus had jumped from the top of a ten-story building
intending to commit suicide. He left a note to the effect
indicating his despondency.

As he fell past the ninth floor his life was interrupted by a
shotgun blast passing through a window, which killed him
instantly.

Neither the shooter nor the deceased was aware that a safety net
had been installed just below the eighth floor level to protect
some building workers and that Ronald Opus would not have been
able to complete his suicide the way he had planned.

"Ordinarily," Dr Mills continued, "Someone who sets out to commit
suicide and ultimately succeeds, even though the mechanism might
not be what he intended, is still defined as committing
suicide." That Mr. Opus was shot on the way to certain death,
but probably would not have been successful because of the safety
net, caused the medical examiner to feel that he had a homicide on
his hands.

In the room on the ninth floor, where the shotgun blast
emanated, was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were
arguing vigorously and he was threatening her with a shotgun. The
man was so upset that when he pulled the trigger he completely missed
his wife and the pellets went through the window striking Mr. Opus.

When one intends to kill subject 'A' but kills subject 'B' in
the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject 'B'.

When confronted with the murder charge the old man and his wife
were both adamant and both said that they thought the shotgun
was not loaded. The old man said it was a long-standing habit to
threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention
to murder her.

Therefore the killing of Mr. Opus appeared to be an accident;
that is, assuming the gun had been accidentally loaded.

The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old
couple's son loading the shotgun about six weeks prior to the
fatal accident.

It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial
support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to use
the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation
that his father would shoot his mother.

Since the loader of the gun was aware of this, he was guilty of
the murder even though he didn't actually pull the trigger. The
case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the
death of Ronald Opus.

Now comes the exquisite twist.

Further investigation revealed that the son was, in fact, Ronald
Opus. He had become increasingly despondent over the failure of
his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to
jump off the ten-story building on March 23rd, only to be killed
by a shotgun blast passing through the ninth story window. The son
had actually murdered himself so the medical examiner closed the
case as a suicide.

A true story from Associated Press, Reported by Kurt Westervelt
sa zicem asa: - de atharva la: 20/04/2005 22:44:54
(la: Sa vorbim despre vicii.)
sa zicem asa:
1. in dictionarul meu, un viciu este ori ceva ce iti face rau d.p.d.v. sanatate, ori le face rau celor din jur, ori ceva ce te face sa iti pierzi timpul sau banii aiurea,saaau... cel mai rau ceva ce ii raneste pe cei ce te iubesc
in functie de cate dintre conditiile enumerate mai sus reuneste fapta amalizata, aceasta fie nu e viciu, fie e unul mai mic sau mai mare...
2.suma viciilor ramane constanta...nu eu am zos-o prima, ci unu' mai destept decat mine
3.mai bun un viciu evident decat unul ascuns.
"Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on
Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long
We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above [...]
Dance me to the children who are asking to be born
Dance me through the curtains that our