lock stock and two smoking barrels

cateva filme preferate - de Shtevia la: 26/10/2005 12:47:33
(la: Ce filme v-au facut sa rideti?)
pentru ca ma destind...
King Ralph
Big Lebowski
Hitch
Snatch
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
multe - de AndreeaE la: 23/02/2006 20:01:07
(la: Cele mai bune filme)
calauza-tarkovsky

Reservoir dogs-Quentin Tarantino

Twin Peaks-David Lynch
Mulholland Dr.-David Lynch
Lost Highway-David Lynch
Blue Velvet-David Lynch
Dune-David Lynch

Zbor deasupra unui cuib de cuci-????

The English Patient-Anthony Minghella

21 grams-Allejandro Gonzales Inarritu

Ultimo Tango a Parigi-Bernardo Bertolucci
Stealing Beauty-Bernardo Bertolucci
Amore e Rabbia-Bernardo Bertolucci

Crucea de Piatra ultimul bordel-Andrei Blaier
Gadjo Dilo-
Cel mai iubit dintre pamanteni
Balanta

The others-Alejandro Amenabar

Casablanca-Michael Curtiz
The best things in a life are free-Michael Curtiz
Passage to Marseille-Michael Curtiz

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind-Michel Gondry

The Underground-Vince Offer

Legends of the Fall-Edward Zwick

Si mai sunt cateva dar e tarziu si sunt oosita si nu mi le mai amintesc. Oricum astea mi-au placut foarte mult si merita vazute.

O conversatie sau cinii latra caravana trece - de Dinu Lazar la: 16/04/2004 01:11:54
Onor foto grafii cafegii sunt invitati la to www.pdnonline.com!

Newswire:

-More than 750 photographers have signed a petition asking the Missouri School of Journalism and National Press Photographers Association to put aside their differences and work towards reuniting POYi and NPPA's Best of Photojournalism (BOP) contests.

-AFP photographer Patrick Baz gives us his observations from Baghdad, one year after a U.S. tank fired on the Palestine Hotel, killing two journalists. Because of the dangers Western journalists face covering Iraq's hot spots, Baz says a new generation of Iraqi photojournalists are emerging.

-ReflexNews photographer Shawn Baldwin describes a recent kidnapping at the hands of Shiite militiamen while on assignment in Iraq for the New York Times.

-Adam Moss, appointed editor-in-chief of New York Magazine in February, has made a bid to dramatically reshape the weekly's photography and design. Moss poached a photo editor from The New York Times Magazine and a design director from Travel + Leisure. In other news, ZUMA Press signs another photojournalist, Corbis adds to its assignment services department and lifestyle photographer Mats Rudels finds a new rep.

-In edit news, magazine publishers are scrambling to create new venues for the influx of automotive ad dollars. We have news on several new startups.

-With wedding season almost upon us, a number of stock and syndication outfits have tied the knot. PictureArts has acquired Nonstock's RM collection; Sipa has partnered with EPA; Queerstock has bonded with Retna and Imaginechina has hooked up with Taiwan's United Daily News Group.

-PDN and Canon are offering two upcoming educational events surrounding PDN's 30, a special issue showcasing the rising stars in photography. The first PDN's 30 seminar kicks off April 22 at San Francisco's Academy of Art College.

-The French Association of Women Journalists (AFJ) is calling for entries for the fourth annual Canon Female Photojournalist Award. The award includes a 8,000 Euro prize intended to help the winner complete a documentary project.

Attention Wedding Photographers:

Whether you shoot weddings full time, or on the occasional weekend, check out our contest celebrating the most creative wedding photography. Top Knots, sponsored by Fujifilm, honors the best ceremony shots, spontaneous images, portraits and more, selected by a prestigious jury. If your image is chosen, it will be featured in our July issue devoted to Wedding Photography, and on PDNOnline. The deadline is coming up soon, so download entry forms and rules now.

#13900 (raspuns la: #13896) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Poate este interesat vreun cafegiu de asa ceva... - de Dinu Lazar la: 25/06/2005 22:51:07
Profotos.com is teaming with Wish-Stock.com to bring photographers a real alternative to marketing their stock images and freelance talent. At Profotos.com, we often receive requests from photographers to help them market their stock images. Now, we feel we have found a solution to help all photographers keep more revenue from their stock sales and freelance photo work - Wish-Stock.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------
BIG CONTEST for the Profotos audience:

$10,000 (US) To Be Awarded in The Wishstock - Next 400 Members Contest

http://www.Wish-Stock.com is awarding over $10,000 dollars in prizes to its top 10 members as judged on their dynamic galleries both portfolio and stock.

- 1st place - $5,000 to the Best People portfolio and stock
- 2nd place - $2,000 for portfolio and stock
- 3rd place - $1,000 for portfolio and stock
- 4th place - $500 for portfolio and stock
- 5th place - $500 for portfolio and stock
- 6th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 7th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 8th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 9th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock
- 10th place - $200 plus camera bag for portfolio and stock

The next 400 members who apply and are accepted to the www.Wish-Stock.com team will compete against each other. Winners will be judged on their 24-image Wishstock portfolio and a minimum of 50 images in their Wishstock stock portfolio.

This means you have a 1 in 400 chance to win the grand prize or a 1 in 40 chance to win a prize. To become eligible to participate, you must be a paid Full Portfolio / Stock Image member of www.Wish-Stock.com. This contest applies to members only and is not meant to be a general public contest. All monetary awards in US dollars. Void where prohibited.

www.Wish-Stock.com lets you nationally market your stock imagery AND your freelance talent all in one place. You can generate extra revenue, gain exposure on a national level, and control your own online stock and image portfolios.

Wishstock changed the rules of online stock imaging and portfolios. Because we are artists like you, we incorporated your unique needs and concerns into our product mix - and into our way of doing business. We put the control in your hands.

Now you can become a member of Wishstock - quickly and easily - and for half the price of joining other stock / portfolio agencies. We also offer a portfolio-only program where you upload a 24-image gallery, link to your website, and give prospective customers a direct link to your showcased work.

We know that return on investment drives decisions. That's why Wishstock offers two very competitive programs: Full Portfolio / Stock Image - You generate 85% revenue from your stock image sales and CD collections, and keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.

- Full Stock / Portfolio - You keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.
--- 150 stock image portfolio (options up to 960) for storage and sale
--- 24 samples of your work in a portfolio with a direct link
--- Ability to respond to wishes
--- Your web address
--- Detailed bio and contact info
--- 24/7 marketing of your work

- Portfolio Only - You keep 100% of your profits from freelance work.
--- 24 samples of your work in a portfolio with a direct link
--- Your web address
--- Detailed bio and contact info
--- 24/7 marketing of your work

We know you need flexibility. That's why Wishstock makes it easy for you to update your online stock images and portfolio at any time. You even control which images to add to your sellable stock portfolio and their price. Within hours your stock images could be online, making you money.

We know your time is valuable. That's why Wishstock is easy to use. With our state-of-the-art one-step image upload console, your portfolio and stock images can be online in minutes.

Wishstock is dedicated to customer service, so let us know if we can be any help.
Contact us by email at info@wish-stock.com or by phone 303-926-1412 or toll-free at 1-866-926-1412.

Be sure to have your friends check you out at http://www.Wish-Stock.com.
#56767 (raspuns la: #56449) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
PDNewswire - de Dinu Lazar la: 21/05/2004 00:43:01
- The Clios are announced, and print ads fall short

- Behind the scenes (and underwater) for strawberryfrog's clever new car ads.

- AFP employees win $500,000 settlement in a labor grievance stemming from AFP's partnership with Getty last year.

- Stock and syndication news: What market Getty is targeting; how Redux Pictures is filling out its stock archive; Spectrum Pictures on the block. ($ premium for subscribers only)

-People on the Move: New photo editor for Primedia's car mags; new hires at Men's Journal; new curators at the Whitney Museum; what's up with the Apix agency; news from Sipa, Vistalux, Alamy, Snyder & Co. and more.
($ premium for subscribers only)

-Editorial news: A new Hollywood mag debuts this fall; Universal Media kills a new magazine; and get ready for a new magazine described as Fortune meets Oprah. (We're not making that up.) ($ premium for subscribers
only)

-In Memoriam: Remembering the Reuters
photographer killed in the bomb blast in Chechnya.

#15687 (raspuns la: #15660) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
atunci sa facem completarea de cuvinta... - de sanjuro la: 19/11/2004 10:10:12
(la: Cele mai frumoase poezii)
Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven
[First published in 1845]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never-nevermore."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `Nevermore.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet violet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!
#29200 (raspuns la: #29192) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Una buna(in engleza) - de Pasagerul la: 30/01/2005 19:25:06
(la: Un nou forum: "Bancuri, glume, poante...")
Subject: Noah and the Year 2004

It is the year 2004 and Noah lives in the United States.

The Lord speaks to Noah and says:

"In one year I am going to make it rain and cover the whole earth with water until all is destroyed.
But I want you to save the righteous people and two of every kind of living thing on the earth.
Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark."

In a flash of lightning,
God delivered the specifications for an Ark.

Fearful and trembling,
Noah took the plans and agreed to build the Ark.

"Remember," said the Lord,
"You must complete the Ark and
bring everything aboard in one year."

Exactly one year later,
a fierce storm cloud covered the earth and
all the seas of the earth went into a tumult.
The Lord saw Noah sitting in his front yard weeping.

"Noah." He shouted, "Where is the Ark?"

"Lord please forgive me!" cried Noah.
"I did my best but there were big problems.

First, I had to get a permit for construction and
your plans did not comply with the codes.
I had to hire an engineering firm and redraw the plans.

Then I got into a fight with OSHA
over whether or not the Ark needed a
fire sprinkler system and floatation devices.

Then my neighbor objected,
claiming I was violating zoning ordinances
by building the Ark in my front yard,
so I had to get a variance
from the city planning commission.

I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark,
because there was a ban on cutting trees
to protect the Spotted Owl.
I finally convinced the US Forest Service
that I needed the wood to save the owls.

However, the Fish and Wildlife Service
won't let me catch any owls. So, no owls.

The carpenters formed a union and went out on
strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with
the National Labor Union.
Now I have 16 carpenters on the Ark, but still no owls.

When I started rounding up the other animals,
I got sued by an animal rights group.
They objected to me only taking two of each kind aboard.

Just when I got the suit dismissed,
the EPA notified me that I could not complete
the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement
on your proposed flood.

They didn't take very kindly to the idea that they
had no jurisdiction over the conduct of
the Creator of the universe.

Then the Army Corps of Engineers
demanded a map of the proposed new flood plain.
I sent them a globe.

Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed
with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
that I am practicing discrimination by
not taking godless, unbelieving people aboard!

The IRS has seized all my assets,
claiming that I'm building the Ark in
preparation to flee the country
to avoid paying taxes.

I just got a notice from the State that I owe some
kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark
as a "recreational water craft."

Finally the ACLU got the courts to issue an
injunction against further construction of the Ark,
saying that since God is flooding the earth,
it is a religious event and therefore unconstitutional.

I really don't think I can finish the Ark
for another 5 or 6 years!" Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear,
the sun began to shine and
the seas began to calm.
A rainbow arched across the sky.

Noah looked up hopefully.
"You mean you are not going to destroy the earth, Lord?"

"No," said the Lord sadly.
"The government already has "

AMEN!

American Diplomacy - de Pasagerul la: 20/02/2005 19:30:44
(la: Un nou forum: "Bancuri, glume, poante...")
George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?
Condi: Sir, I have the report you wanted about the new leader of
China.
George: Great. Lay it on me.
Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.
George: That's what I want to know.
Condi: That's what I'm telling you.
George: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of
China?
Condi: Yes.
George: I mean the fellow's name.
Condi: Hu.
George: The guy in China.
Condi: Hu.
George: The new leader of China.
Condi: Hu.
George: The main man in China!
Condi: Hu is leading China.
George: Now whaddya' asking me for?
Condi: I'm telling you, Hu is leading China.
George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?
Condi: That's the man's name.
George: That's who's name?
Condi: Yes.
George: Will you, or will you not, tell me the name of the new
leader of China?
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he's dead in
the Middle East.
Condi: That's correct.
George: Then who is in China?
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Yassir is in China?
Condi: No, sir.
George: Then who is?
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Yassir?
Condi: No, sir.
George: Look Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of
China. Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.
Condi: Kofi?
George: No, thanks.
Condi: You want Kofi?
George: No.
Condi: You don't want Kofi?
George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of
milk. And then get me the U.N.
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
Condi: Kofi?
George: I said milk! Will you please make the call?
Condi: And call who?
George: Who is the guy at the U.N?
Condi: Hu is the guy in China.
George: Will you stay out of China?!
Condi: Yes, sir.
George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at
the U.N.
Condi: Kofi.
George: All right! With cream and two sugars.

-------------------------------------------------
If you always do what you've always done
you'll always get what you always got.
An older, white haired man wa - de Horia D la: 04/05/2005 23:10:21
An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday
evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweler he
was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend.
The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring and
showed it to him. The old man said, "I don't think you understand, I
want something very special."
At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought
another ring over. "Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000," the jeweler
said. The young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled
with excitement. The old man seeing this said, "We'll take it."

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated,
by check. " I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll
write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and
I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon," he said.

Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweler phoned the old man. "There's
no money in that account."
"I know", said the old man, "but can you imagine the weekend I had?"
No Spika da Ingles - de Belle la: 06/05/2005 19:41:40
A bus stops and two Italian men get on.

They sit down and engage in an animated conversation. The lady sitting
next to them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized when
she hears one of them say the following:

"Emma come first. Den I come. Den two asses come together. I come
once-a-more. Two asses, they come together again. I Come again and
pee twice. Then I come one lasta time."

"You foul-mouthed sex obsessed swine," retorted the lady
indignantly. "In this country.......we don't speak aloud in public places
about our sex lives........"

"Hey, coola down lady," said the man. "Who talkin'About a sex?I'm A
justa tellin' my frienda how to spell 'Mississippi'."

I BET YOU GONNA READ THIS AGAIN!!!!!
#47334 (raspuns la: #47333) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
scuzele pentru ortografie nu-s destule - de Dan Manoliu la: 23/06/2005 21:42:41
(la: "Ce bine e sa fi desptept si in acelasi timp si roman")
? 1827 - Petrache Poenaru, membru al Academiei Romane si unul dintre organizatorii învatamântului national inventeaza predecesorul stiloului modern: ?condei portaret, fara sfârsit, alimentându?se singur cu cerneala?
Homer had a long lasting writing pen made of reed.
Da Vinci drew improvements ..
Etc…

? 1858 - Bucuresti - primul oras din lume iluminat cu petrol si prima rafinare a petrolului.
Romans had full streets in Rome lighted with torches and with heated sidewalks so that Roman ladies feet do not freeze …
Baltimore in 1816 was the first city to light its streets with gas. ...
Soon much of America, as well as other countries were lighted by gas
First oil refining was done in Ploiesti (not Bucuresti) by Enhlish engineers 1n 1856 … at the time when America found its first oil field … We were ahead here!!!

? 1880 - Dumitru Vasescu - construieste automobilul cu motor cu aburi.
In 1769, the very first self-propelled road vehicle was a military tractor invented by French engineer and mechanic, Nicolas Joseph Cugnot (1725 - 1804). Cugnot used a steam engine to power his vehicle, built under his instructions at the Paris Arsenal by mechanic Brezin. It was used by the French Army to haul artillery at a whopping speed of 2 1/2 mph on only three wheels. The vehicle had to stop every ten to fifteen minutes to build up steam power. The steam engine and boiler were separate from the rest of the vehicle and placed in the front (see engraving above). The following year (1770), Cugnot built a steam-powered tricycle that carried four passengers.

? 1881 Alexandru Ciurcu - obtine un brevet din Franta prin care prevede posibilitatea zborului cu reactie.
The earliest rockets were almost certainly Chinese—there is little doubt that the Chinese first developed “black powder,” the basic propellant used in rockets. The combination of salt-peter, charcoal, and sulphur was probably used in fireworks by the Chinese centuries before Christ lived, but the only written records available are dated well into the Middle Ages.
Mongols besieging the city of Kaifeng in 1232 used arrows propelled by rockets (though primarily as a psychological weapon).
Knowledge about rocketry seems to have moved with the Mongol invasions—the Arabs are seen as having developed rockets by the thirteenth century and are reported as having used them against Saint Louis in the Seventh Crusade; the Italians were experimenting with rockets by the fifteenth century. A major refinement in the formula for black powder was made in the thirteenth century by Roger Bacon; this resulted in the creation of gunpowder.
All of those people dreamt of sending people to the moon on the tail of a rocket … Even Cyrano de Bergerac (the real one) did that in a poem …
Conrad Hass (1551-1579), German, an artillery engineer and chief of arsenal of the town of Sibiu. Hass wrote about the construction and the flight tests of multistage rockets, apparently the earliest writings in existence about the science of rocket engineering. How about that???

? 1885 Victor Babes - realizeaza primul tratat de bacteriologie din lume.
May be correct partially… but Pasteur discovered every single entry from the Babes book…see below. I included some additional date for comparison and scale … The Babes Treaty is a list of the following discoveries … And Pasteur is one of many …
1839: Departure to the Royal College of Besançon 1840: Successful candidate for the literature baccalauréat in Besançon. Maître d'études at the College of Besançon 1842: Successful candidate for the mathematical sciences baccalauréat in Dijon 1843: Accepted at the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris 1845: Bachelor of Science 1846: Appointed physics professor at the Tournon high school (Ardèche), but stays on at the Ecole Normale Supérieure as a qualified demonstrator. Study of crystals 1847: Doctor of Science 1848: Appointed physics professor at the Dijon high school. Appointed substitute chemistry professor at the science university of Strasbourg.
Research on dimorphism. Historic paper on the distinction between sodium ammonium paratartrate and tartrate. 1849: Pasteur's wedding with Miss Marie Laurent, daughter of the Strasbourg University rector.
Research on the specific properties of the two acids that make up racemic acid. 1851: Paper by Pasteur on aspartic and malic acids. 1852: New research on relationships that can exist between crystalline forms, chemical composition and the direction of rotatory polarisation. 1853: Pasteur is made Knight of the Imperial Order of the Legion of Honour. He obtains the prize of the Pharmacy Society of Paris for the synthesis of racemic acid. Paper on the discovery of the transformation of tartaric acid into racemic acid, discovery of the optically inactive tartaric acid. 1854: Pasteur is nominated Dean of the University of Science at Lille. 1855: Beginning of studies on fermentation, presentation in Lille of a paper on amyl alcohol. 1856: Beginning of researches on alcoholic fermentation. 1857: Appointed administrator of the Ecole Normale and director of scientific studies of this school. Paper on lactic fermentation. Paper on alcoholic fermentation. 1858: Installation of his laboratory in the attic of the Ecole Normale in Paris, rue d'Ulm Survey by Pasteur on so-called "spontaneous" generations. 1859: Experimental physiology prize from the Academy of Science for his work on fermentations. 1860: Air sampling at Arbois to investigate the issue of so-called "spontaneous" generation. Examination of the doctrine of so-called "spontaneous" generation. 1861: Jecker prize from the Academy of Science for his work on fermentations. Publication in the bulletin of the Chemistry Society of Paris of all his results on vinegar.
1862: Election at the Academy of Science (mineralogy section). Studies on mycoderma and on the role of these plants in acetic fermentation. Alhumbertprize for his research on spontaneous generation. 1863: Napoléon III asks Pasteur to study wine diseases Studies on wine - the influence of air oxygen on vinification. Nominated Professor of Applied Geology, Physics and Chemistry at the National College of Fine Arts 1864: Installation of a laboratory at Arbois for his research on wine 1865: Practical process for improving wine conservation. Studies on silkworm diseases, work on pasteurisation. 1866: Publication of the paper "Studies on wine". Publication of an essay on the scientific work of Claude Bernard. 1867: Creation of a physiological chemistry laboratory at the Ecole Normale. Appointed Professor of organic chemistry at the Sorbonne. Great Prize from the Universal Exhibition for his studies on wine. Resignation from his administrative duties at the Ecole Normale. 1868: Degree as a medical doctor at the University of Bonn. Pasteur suffers from a stroke affecting his left side. Commander of the Legion of Honour. Publication of his studies on vinegar. 1870: Publication of his studies on silkworm diseases. 1871: Studies on beer. 1873: Elected Member of the Academy of Medicine 1876: Publication of his studies on beer. 1877: Paper on the alteration of urine. Studies on anthrax. Studies on septicaemia. 1878: Nominated Grand Officer of the Legion of Honour.
Publication of the paper "Germ theory and its applications to medicine and surgery". Papers on chicken cholera.
Research on gangrene, septicaemia and puerperal fever 1879: Paper on plague. Discovery of immunisation by attenuated cultures. 1880: Becomes Member of the Central Society of Veterinary Medicine. Paper on virulent diseases (Pasteur introduces the principle of attenuated-virus vaccines). Beginning of his research on rabies. 1881: Nominated Grand Cross Holder of the Legion of Honour. Anthrax vaccine. Work on yellow fever near Bordeaux.
Election to the French Academy. 1882: Paper on contagious pleuropneumonia of horned animals. Studies on swine erysipelas. 1883: Vaccination against swine erysipelas using an attenuated-virus vaccine. 1884: New communications on rabies. Communication on pathogenic microbes and attenuated-virus vaccines at the Copenhagen Congress. Pasteur presents the general principle of vaccinations against virulent diseases. 1885: First anti-rabies vaccination on a human being

? 1886 Alexandru Ciurcu - construieste prima ambarcatiune cu reactie.
It’s more complicated, Ciurcu e numai un participant … one of two; also, educated in France.
Desire and Victoire Piot (A late eighteenth century French engineer / inventor and the origins of the Vapour Pulse Jet) probably fled France on the out break of the Franco–Prussian war in 1870 finally arriving in London where he tested his first successful pulse jet boats. Desire Piot could well have been inspired by a rocket powered boat developed by Just Buisson and Ciurcu. Not so successful demonstrations of their jet boat on the river Seine in Paris took place from August to December 1886 for the benefit of the French Ministry of Defense.

? 1887 C. I. Istrate - Friedelina si franceinele.
Correct!!!

? 1895 D. Hurmuzescu - descopera electroscopul.
Jean Antoine Nollet (1700–1770) was a clergyman and physicist. In 1748, Nollet invented one of the first electrometers, the electroscope, which detected the presence of electric charge by using electrostatic attraction and repulsion. Nollet later wrote a theory on electrical attraction and repulsion based on the existence of a continuous flow of electrical matter between charged bodies and became the the first professor of experimental physics at the University of Paris.
Many others including George Washington did the same before our guy … 1755 or so …

? 1899 C.I. Istrate - o noua clasa de coloranti.
Maybe …

? 1900 Nicolae Teclu - becul cu reglarea curentului electric si gaz.
Are you serious??? “Becul de labborator cu reglarea curentului de AER si gaz”; big difference!!!
How about Bunsen? Premix (meaning air and gas) burners were the first purpose-designed burners, and they can be traced back more than 100 years to the Bunsen and similar laboratory burners. A premix burner system really consists of two key components, the burner head or nozzle, and the gas-air mixing device that feeds it. In some cases they're built as a single unit. The mixer uses the energy of a pressurized stream of air and/or gas to mix the two and present them to the burner nozzle, which provides an ignition and anchoring point for the flame and controls its shape.

? 1904 Emil Racovita - fondatorul biospeologiei.
Absolutely correct!!!

? 1905 Augustin Maior - telefonia multipla.
AT&T 1902 … also Bell Laboratoryes …

? 1906, 18.03 - Traian Vuia - avionul cu tren de aterizare pe roti cu pneuri; cu ?Vuia I? acesta reuseste prima decolare fara sa foloseasca nici un mijloc ajutator, numai cu aparate aflate la bord (în fapt, primul avion din istorie).
Are you serious?
The first powered heavier-than-air flight took place in 1890 (Clement Ader, steam engine on bat-winged monoplane, 60 yards). The Wrights' 1903 flight (300 yards) was the first photographed heavier-than-air flight. [Correction: not quite true; there exist photos of Lilienthal's non-powered heavier-than-air flights in the 1890s.] After the advent of relatively light combustion engines (such as Benz, Otto, Diesel), other pioneers pursued similar approaches, but no photographs were taken by Richard Pearse (New Zealand, March 1903) and Karl Jatho (August 1903). Finally, the Wrights needed headwinds or catapults to start their planes, so they were not fully self-powered. But Brazil's Santos-Dumont was (1906, first official airplane flight).
Important stuff: Richard Pearse March 31, 1902. Accounts by witnesses of the flight vary, from "50 to 400 yards in length", but it seems most likely that it was around 350 yards long, and ending prematurely when the flying machine landed in a large hedge - 4 metres off the ground ! The aircraft was the first to use proper ailerons, instead of the inferior wing warping system that the Wright's used. The flying machine also had a modern tricycle type landing gear, thus negating the need for ramps, slides, or skids. Any suitable road would do. The flying machine was aerodynamically crude, for sure, but did the job on the day, and in fact for months afterwards. By the end of July 1903, Pearse had achieved flights of around one kilometre in length, and perhaps even more amazingly, some of them included turns ! An absolutely fantastic achievement for the time. Pearce also built the engine, which was estimated at about 15 - 22hp, but hampered by a much cruder propeller than the Wright's machine.

? 1906 A.A. Beldiman - aparatul hidraulic cu dalta de percutie pentru sondaje adânci.
Tough to prove!!!

? 1908 Lazar Edeleanu ? primul procedeu de rafinare a produselor petroliere cu bioxid de sulf din lume, procedeu care ii poarta numele.
A good one!!! Oil helped us a lot in the first half of last century.

? 1908 Acad. Nicolaie Vasilescu-Karpen - ?pila Karpen", care functioneaza înca si produce curent electric, neîntrerupt, de aproape 100 de ani!
William Grove produced the first fuel cell in 1839 over 150 years ago. He based his experiment on the fact that sending an electric current through water splits the water into its component parts of hydrogen and oxygen. So, Grove tried reversing the reaction - combining hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity and water. This is the basis of a simple fuel cell. The term “fuel cell” was coined later in 1889 by Ludwig Mond and Charles Langer, who attempted to build the first practical device using air and industrial coal gas.

? 1910 iunie - Aurel Vlaicu - lanseaza primul avion din lume fuselat aerodinamic.
See also Rolland Garos and other Santos-Dumont financed … French aircraft … and … so… on …

? 1910 Tache Brumarescu - masina de taiat sulf.
So what? The Austrians have invented the sowing machine before that. So what. The English invented the automated knitting machines before that. So what?

? 1910 Stefan Procopiu - efectul circular al discontinuitatilor de magnetism.
Bohr-Procopiu magneton … amazing participation to highly sophisticated physics. An excellent one …

? 1910 Gh. Marinescu - tratamentul paraliziei generale.
Close but no cigar! It was alive and well in America before 1900 …

? 1910 Henri Coanda reuseste primul zbor al unui avion cu reactie (fabricatie proprie).
Correct!!! First and foremost, it is now being recognized as the first air-reactive engine (jet) aircraft, making its first and only flight October, 1910. ... in Paris (not Romania, of course).

? 1910 Ioan Cantacuzino - ? fenomenul Cantacuzino? (aglutinarea unor microbi).
How about this? First experiments with streptococcal agglutination Paul Moser and Bensaude, Le phenomene de l'agglutination des. microbes. Carre, Paris 1897. ...

? 1913-1916 Ioan Cantacuzino - vaccinarea antiholerica (metoda Cantacuzino)
Pasteur was known as the father of stereochemistry, but his contributions to microbiology and medicine were greater. Pasteur discovered anaerobic bacteria and two silkworm diseases. It was he who discovered that if you take a microbe that causes a particular disease, for instance, smallpox, and make a weakened form of it, that weakened smallpox microbe can be used to fight off the stronger smallpox microbes. Doctors now inoculate people against all kinds of diseases and, for a time, had almost eradicated smallpox. Pasteur also invented the anthrax vaccine, the cholera vaccine, and the rabies vaccine. He died in 1895.

? 1916 D. Danielopolu - actiunea hipertensiva a digitalei.
The man credited with the introduction of digitalis into the practice of medicine was William Withering. Withering was born in Wellington, Shropshire, England in 1741. He followed in the medical footsteps of his father who was an apothecary-surgeon. Withering received his MD degree in 1766. As an individual, William Withering was an extremely giving person. He would personally see and treat two or three thousand poor patients a year limiting him to making about 1000 British pounds as compared to his contemporary doctors who made 5000 British pounds per year. Withering published about 19 articles during his lifetime. After fighting a long battle with tuberculosis, William Withering, the father of digitalis medicine, died on October 6 1799, at the age of 58.

? 1918 Gogu Constantinescu - întemeiaza o noua stiinta: sonicitatea.
Correct but not in Romania; in England where he educated himself and become a teacher of physics. Had he stayed in Romania he would have done nothing like most of us …

? 1919 Stefan Procopiu - unitatea elementara de energie magnetica (magnetonul).
Same as above, verry good!!!

? 1920 Emil Racovita - pune bazele Institutul de Speologie Cluj (primul din lume).
First in the world is tough to prove!!!

? 1920 ing. Gheorghe Botezatu - a calculat traiectoriile posibile Pamânt - Luna, folosite la pregatirea programelor ?Apollo? (al caror parinte a fost sibianul Herman Oberth); el a fost si seful echipei de matematicieni care a lucrat la proiectul rachetei ?Apollo? care a dus primul om pe Luna.
About the calculations Earth-Moon you must be kidding.
Herman Oberth also started Hitler’s V1 and, by the way, hated Romania and wrote to German leadership to dump Romania as an ally …

? 1921 Aurel Persu - automobilul fara diferential, cu motor în spate (de forma ?picaturii de apa").
Could be but it does not work …

? 1921 Nicolae Paulescu - descopera insulina; pentru ca era un anti-mason virulent, Premiul Nobel l-au primit canadienii F. Banting si J.R.J. McLeod pentru aceasta descoperire?
It should already be clear that 1920 comes before 1921 but anyway … there were others also …
1908 German scientist, Georg Zuelzer develops the first injectible pancreatic extract to suppress glycosuria; however, there are extreme side effects to the treatment.
1010-1920 Frederick Madison Allen and Elliot P. Joslin emerge as the two leading diabetes specialists in the United States.
1913 Allen, after three years of diabetes study, publishes Studies Concerning Glycosuria and Diabetes, a book which is significant for the revolution in diabetes therapy that developed from it.
1919 Frederick Allen publishes Total Dietary Regulation in the Treatment of Diabetes, citing exhaustive case records of 76 of the 100 diabetes patients he observed, becomes the director of diabetes research at the Rockefeller Institute.
July 1, 1920 Dr. Banting opens his first office in London, Ontario. He receives his first patient on July 29th; his total earnings for his first month of work is $4.00.

? 1921 Stefan Procopiu - Fenomenul Procopiu (depolarizarea luminii).
May be …

? 1922 C.Levaditi si Sazevac - bismutul ca agent terapeutic împotriva sifilisului.
Bullshit!!!
Syphilis was treated with mercury or other ineffective remedies until World War I (1914-1916), when effective treatments based on arsenic or bismuth were introduced. These were succeeded by antibiotics after World War II.

? 1925 Traian Vuia - generatorul de abur cu ardere în camera închisa si cu vaporizare instantanee.
Vuia was a great engineer, but when he tried to patent his airplane the Arsenal in Romania threw him out and he had to go to France to find forward looking people to fund his invention … Now we want him! La placinte innainte, la razboi innapoi …

? 1930 Elie Carafoli - avionul cu aripa joasa.
Bullshit!!!
Zdenek Lhota - Czechoslovakia – 1925 - flew the BH-11 low-wing monoplane.
Albert W. (Al) Mooney - chief engineer at Alexander (1928-1929) was responsible for the Bullet, an advanced, high speed, low wing monoplane. With Mooney's patented retractable landing gear, it was a mild sensation and ahead of its time.

? 1933 Henri Coanda - aerodina lenticulara (farfuria zburatoare).
? 1938 Henri Coanda - efectul Coanda.
? 1938 Henri Coanda - discul volant.
The Coanda Effect is a real Romanian contribution to the progress of science. All good!!! But again in England, not in Romania. That should tell anyone something …

? 1952 Ia fiinta Institutul National de Geronto-Geriatrie ?Dr. Ana Aslan", primul institut de geriatrie din lume, model pentru tarile dezvoltate, prin asistenta clinica si cercetare. ?Ana Aslan? are, anual, mii de pacienti.
A big lie …and a lot of word of mouth phony advertising …

Exagerarea contributiei noastre la motorul societatii umane ii face pe unii romani sa creada ca, de buni ce suntem, n-avem nimic de schimbat, iar ceilalti sa ne pupe ...

Sarcina celor ce publca e sa corecteze asta.

Dan Manoliu
Canada
bancul de seara - de Horia D la: 04/08/2005 23:21:00
Shamus and Murphy fancied a pint or two but didn't have a lot of money;
between them, they could only raise the staggering sum of one Euro.

Murphy said "Hang on, I have an idea."

He went next door to the butcher's shop and came out with one large sausage.

Shamus said "Are you crazy? Now we don't have any money left at all!"

Murphy replied, "Don't worry - just follow me."

He went into the pub where he immediately ordered two pints of Guinness and two glasses of Jamieson Whisky.

Shamus said "Now you've lost it. Do you know how much trouble we will be in? We haven't got any money!!"

Murphy replied, with a smile. "Don't worry, I have a plan, Cheers!"

They downed their drinks. Murphy said, "OK, I'll stick the sausage through my zipper and you go on your knees and put it in your mouth."

The barman noticed them, went berserk, and threw them out. They continued this, pub after pub, getting more and more drunk, all for free.

At the tenth pub Shamus said "Murphy - I don't think I can do any more o' this. I'm drunk and me knees are killin' me!"

Murphy said, "How do you think I feel? I lost the sausage in the third
pub!"
#63335 (raspuns la: #63332) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
date ultime despre evenimente - de mya la: 08/11/2005 19:23:21
(la: Arde Parisul?)
PARIS, Monday, Nov. 7 - Rioters fired shotguns at the police in a working-class suburb of Paris on Sunday, wounding 10 officers as the country's fast-spreading urban unrest escalated dangerously. Just hours earlier, President Jacques Chirac called an emergency meeting of top security officials and promised increased police pressure to confront the violence.

"The republic is completely determined to be stronger than those who want to sow violence or fear," Mr. Chirac said at a news conference in the courtyard of Élysée Palace after meeting with his internal security council. "The last word must be from the law."

Young men passed a burning motorcycle in Argenteuil, outside Paris, Sunday night. The recent violence has been centered in towns near Paris.

A firefighter examined the wreckage of a textile warehouse Sunday in Aubervilliers, a Paris suburb. The building was set ablaze on Friday.

A burning car was extinguished in Argenteuil, west of Paris, as riots in France flared for another night on Sunday.

President Jacques Chirac of France, with Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, said restoring order was "the highest priority."

But the violence, which has become one of the most serious challenges to governmental authority here in nearly 40 years, showed no sign of abating. The Associated Press reported on Monday that French police said that a man beaten during riots has died, becoming the first fatality since unrest started. and Sunday was the first day that police officers had been wounded by gunfire in the unrest. More than 3,300 vehicles have been destroyed, along with dozens of public buildings and private businesses, since the violence began.

"This is just the beginning," said Moussa Diallo, 22, a tall, unemployed French-African man in Clichy-sous-Bois, the working-class Parisian suburb where the violence started Oct. 27. "It's not going to end until there are two policemen dead."

He was referring to the two teenage boys, one of Mauritanian origin and the other of Tunisian origin, whose accidental deaths while hiding from the police touched off the unrest, reflecting longstanding anger among many immigrant families here over joblessness and discrimination. Mr. Diallo did not say whether he had taken part in the vandalism.

On Saturday night alone, the tally in the rioting reached a peak of 1,300 vehicles burned, stretching into the heart of Paris, where 35 vehicles were destroyed, and touching a dozen other cities across the country.

Fires were burning in several places on Sunday night and hundreds of youths were reported to have clashed with the police in Grigny, a southern suburb of Paris where the shooting took place. On Saturday night, a car was rammed into the front of a McDonald's restaurant in the town.

"We have 10 policemen that were hit by gunfire in Grigny, and two of them are in the hospital," Patrick Hamon, a national police spokesman, said Monday morning.

He said one of the officers hospitalized had been hit in the neck, the other in the leg, but added that neither wound was considered life-threatening.

Rampaging youths have attacked the police and property in cities as far away as Toulouse and Marseille and in the resort towns of Cannes and Nice in the south, the industrial city of Lille in the north and Strasbourg to the east.

In Évreux, 60 miles west of Paris, shops, businesses, a post office and two schools were destroyed, along with at least 50 vehicles, in Saturday night's most concentrated attacks. Five police officers and three firefighters were injured in clashes with young rioters, a national police spokesman said.

Despite help from thousands of reinforcements, the police appeared powerless to stop the mayhem. As they apply pressure in one area, the attacks slip away to another.

On Sunday, a gaping hole exposed a charred wooden staircase of a smoke-blackened building in the historic Marais district of Paris, where a car was set ablaze the previous night. Florent Besnard, 24, said he and a friend had just turned into the quiet Rue Dupuis when they were passed by two running youths. Within seconds, a car farther up the street was engulfed in flames, its windows popping and tires exploding as the fire spread to the building and surrounding vehicles.

"I think it's going to continue," said Mr. Besnard, who is unemployed.

The attack angered people in the neighborhood, which includes the old Jewish quarter and is still a center of Jewish life in the city. "We escaped from Romania with nothing and came here and worked our fingers to the bone and never asked for anything, never complained," said Liliane Zump, a woman in her 70's, shaking with fury on the street outside the scarred building.

While the arson is more common than in the past, it has become a feature of life in the working-class suburbs, peopled primarily by North African and West African immigrants and their French-born children. Unemployment in the neighborhoods is double and sometimes triple the 10 percent national average, while incomes are about 40 percent lower.

While everyone seems to agree that the latest violence was touched off by the deaths of the teenagers last week, the unrest no longer has much to do with the incident.

"It was a good excuse, but it's fun to set cars on fire," said Mohamed Hammouti, a 15-year-old boy in Clichy-sous-Bois, sitting Sunday outside the gutted remnants of a gymnasium near his home. Like many people interviewed, he denied having participated in the violence.

Most people said they sensed that the escalation of the past few days had changed the rules of the game: besides the number of attacks, the level of destruction has grown sharply, with substantial businesses and public buildings going down in flames. Besides the gunfire on Sunday, residents of some high-rise apartment blocks have been throwing steel boccie balls and improvised explosives at national riot police officers patrolling below.

In the Parisian suburb of Aubervilliers early Sunday, with smoke hanging in the air and a helicopter humming overhead, a helmeted police officer in a flak jacket carried a soft drink bottle gingerly away from where it had landed near him and his colleagues moments before. The bottle, half-filled with a clear liquid and nails, had failed to explode.

Teenagers in neighboring Clichy-sous-Bois said they had seen young men preparing similar devices with acid and aluminum foil. "They make a huge bang," said Sofiane Belkalem, 13.

The police discovered what they described as a firebomb factory in a building in Évry, south of Paris, in which about 150 bombs were being constructed, a third of them ready to use. Six minors were arrested.

Many politicians have warned that the unrest may be coalescing into an organized movement, citing Internet chatter that is urging other poor neighborhoods across France to join in. But no one has emerged to take the lead like Daniel Cohn-Bendit, known as Danny the Red, did during the violent student protests that rocked the French capital in 1968.

Though a majority of the youths committing the acts are Muslim, and of African or North African origin, the mayhem has yet to take on any ideological or religious overtones. Youths in the neighborhoods say second-generation Portuguese immigrants and even some children of native French have taken part.

In an effort to stop the attacks and distance them from Islam, France's most influential Islamic group issued a religious edict, or fatwa, condemning the violence. "It is formally forbidden for any Muslim seeking divine grace and satisfaction to participate in any action that blindly hits private or public property or could constitute an attack on someone's life," the fatwa said, citing the Koran and the teachings of Muhammad.

Young people in the poor neighborhoods incubating the violence have consistently complained that police harassment is mainly to blame. "If you're treated like a dog, you react like a dog," said Mr. Diallo of Clichy-sous-Bois, whose parents came to France from Mali decades ago.

The youths have singled out the French interior minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, complaining about his zero-tolerance anticrime drive and dismissive talk. (He famously called troublemakers in the poor neighborhoods dregs, using a French slur that offended many people.)

But Mr. Sarkozy has not wavered, and after suffering initial isolation within the government, with at least one minister openly criticizing him, the government has closed ranks around him. Mr. Chirac, who is under political and popular pressure to stop the violence, said Sunday that those responsible would face arrest and trial, echoing earlier vows by Mr. Sarkozy. More than 500 people have been arrested, some as young as 13.

The government response is as much a test between Mr. Sarkozy and Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, both of whom want to succeed Mr. Chirac as president, as it is a test between the government and disaffected youths.

Mr. Villepin, a former foreign minister, has focused on a more diplomatic approach, consulting widely with community leaders and young second-generation immigrants to come up with a promised "action plan" that he said would address frustrations in the underprivileged neighborhoods. He has released no details of the plan.

If the damage escalates and sympathy for the rioters begins to fray, Mr. Sarkozy could well emerge the politically stronger of the two.

Un eseu exceptional - de Dinu Lazar la: 16/11/2005 09:33:24
...ca de obicei, de altfel, la
Citim la sfirsitul eseului:

Extraordinary photographs are one part vision, one part technique, and two parts serendipity. With regard to serendipity, we have no control over when fortune will favor us. What we can do is develop our creative vision and perfect our technique, and then when serendipity presents us with creative possibilities, fortune will indeed favor the prepared!

#87911 (raspuns la: #87869) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Din intelepciunea populara - de Pasagerul la: 16/12/2005 00:00:18
Was God Kind to Men............?????????

First the Lord made man in the Garden of Eden.
Then he said to himself, "There's something he's needing.'"
After casting about for a suitable pearl,
He kept messing around and created a girl.

Two beautiful legs, so long and so slender,
Round, slim, and firm, and ever so tender.
Two lovely hips to increase his desire,
And rounded and firm to bring out the fire.
Two lovely breasts, so full and so proud,
Commanding his eyes, as he whispers aloud.
Two lovely arms, just aching to bless you,
And two loving hands, to soothe and caress you.
Soft, cascading hair hung down over her shoulder,
And two dreamy eyes, just to make him grow bolder.
'Thas made for a man, just to make his heart sing.
Then he added a mouth.

Ruined the whole damn thing

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
Mark Twain
cas - de Pasagerul la: 23/08/2006 15:54:25
(la: Muzica)
te referi la asta:

Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 10 in E flat major is a hypothetical work. Barry Cooper assembled it from Beethoven's fragmentary sketches and two recordings were released in 1988, conducted by Wyn Morris and Walter Weller respectively. Cooper assembled material for a first movement consisting of an Adagio in E-flat major enclosing a central Allegro in C minor. Cooper claims to have also found sketches for a Scherzo which are not developed enough to assemble into a performing version.

Beethoven never completed a Symphony No. 10; indeed, he may never have started one.
(din Wikipedia)
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
(Maya Angelou )
#141015 (raspuns la: #141009) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
Are you a democrat, republican, or southerner? - de Horia D la: 03/10/2006 15:15:57
The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small
children. Suddenly, a (make your own substitution here) with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at you.
You are carrying a Glock 40 caliber, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

DEMOCRAT'S ANSWER:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of
his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1 ?
Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends, and
try to come to a consensus.

REPUBLICAN'S ANSWER:

BANG!

SOUTHERNER'S ANSWER:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.....
(Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click, Click,
Click

Southerner's Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?"

Southerners Son: "Can I shoot the next one?"

Southerner's wife: "You ain't taking that to the taxidermist!"

PS: eu sunt southerner:))
#149294 (raspuns la: #149223) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
*** - de apol la: 31/03/2008 20:07:33
(la: ANGAJATILOR ROMANI...)
Sfaturi:
1)In discutiile cu oameni de afaceri straini,in engleza americana,nu scapati "meatball"daca sunteti deranjati
de scortosenia vreunuia!
2)Daca mergeti la un restaurant si serviti o masa in stil pur britanic cu carne si doua feluri de garnituri nu cumva sa-i spuneti"meat and two veg"!
3)Daca vorbesti cu scotieni poti sa le lauzi kilturile dar englezoaicelor nu le spune"kilt" sau mai ales"a bit of kilt" !

Nu mai continui,sa nu cumva s-aud pe careva"the guy's a complete fuckwit!'
Si la expresii de "argou" ne depasesc,
au mai multe ca noi dar si-ale noastre-s pitoresti.:))
Ha! - de Horia D la: 11/04/2008 09:32:16
(la: Colt 2)
One colt 45
and two zig zags
That's all that I need:)))
#301522 (raspuns la: #301519) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului
maan - de Paianjenul la: 17/11/2008 04:08:37 Modificat la: 17/11/2008 04:15:26
(la: Cel mai odios monstru: OMUL)

"din pacate nu exista nicio reparatie morala (sau de care-o fi ea!) pentru o mama careia i-a fost ucis copilul.copilul meu nu va reveni la viata si sufletul meu nu doar ca nu va deveni mai usor dar va trebui sa traiasca in plus cu povara de-a fi lasat copii fara tata."

- Poate asa ai simti tu. Dar nu toata lumea gindeste si simte la fel ca tine... si in nici un caz rudele unora din cei 88 de australieni ucisi in Bali in atacul terorist din 2002:

"John Croxford, who lost his wife Donna and was left on his own to bring up their daughter Breanna, compared the bombers with "mongrel dogs".

"Anyone that harms children, I think they should be taken off the earth," he said.

"Australians expressed relief that the men were finally dead, six years after they brought carnage to Bali by sending suicide bombers to attack the Sari Club and nearby Paddy's Bar on October 12, 2002.

“... we've waited a very long time for this and this is our justice,” Sydney woman Maria Kotronakis, who lost two sisters and two cousins, told CNN, struggling at times to speak.

“Finally the moment has come ... we are over the moon.”

"cu ce-s vinovati copiii aia?
dar nenorocita care-a dat viata unui criminal, de ce-ar trebui pedepsita-n plus?"

- Aia nu e problema victimelor ci a criminalului. Apoi, daca criminalul recidiveaza (cum de-atitea ori se si intimpla dealtfel)?... Cam de cite ori ar trebui s-o faca, pina cind cineva sa se trezeasca c-ar fi fost mai bine sa-l fi lichidat dupa prima crima?...

"pot sa zic doar ce devin io, daca aplic legea talionului - un alt criminal."

- Un criminal este o persoana care ucide pe cineva fara ca acel cineva sa-i fi pricinuit niciun rau.

Un calau (care executa un criminal!) este o persoana onorabila care n-a facut niciun rau nimanui, ci face doar un serviciu util societatii: stirpeste un netrebnic care si-a desfiintat singur dreptul de a mai trai. Tu chiar nu faci distinctie intre unul si altul?...

"violenta naste violenta, indiferent in ce scop e practicata."

- Dupa filozofia ta, daca cineva e atacat si singura cale de autoaparare e violenţa, atacatul n-ar trebui sa se apere... ca sa nu dea nastere la si mai multa violenţa... Impresionanta logica!...

#363392 (raspuns la: #363191) comenteaza . modifica . semnaleaza adminului